Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export overview of all artboards: showing interaction flows, annotations, specifications

I would like to share my full document to my team in order to communicate all specifications I added. This would help them giving a bit more context to the prototype and also be able to see all the different states of a pattern to build.
    Maybe save as a PDF file or also online?

788 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

145 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve released the Design Specs feature in our November release as a Beta. You can now publish a Design Spec, which will show your developer an overview of the flow and allow them to introspect measurements and styles. We’re working on additional functionality based on this foundation, so I’m closing this feature as completed in order to get new suggestions as to what specific additions you’d like to see to the Design Specs feature.

Please also note that we now have a new feature area called “Design Specs” in UserVoice, so please file new feature requests there! As a reminder, please file one suggestion per UserVoice submission so that we can better aggregate!

-Elaine

2. Password on shared prototypes

Allow the user to add a password to shared prototypes.

773 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharing Prototype in a closed network

Currently your sharing prototypes via the internet. What happens to people that work in a location without access to the internet but have an internal network (example: Military personnel). Is there a way or a possibility to share the prototype with all the interaction as a pdf or other type of file extension?

480 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

132 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This functionality is now available for a limited set of customers using Creative Cloud for Enterprise. While offline publication is available, current and future sharing and collaboration features will be restricted. The full product functionality and experience in XD is available only when XD uses Creative Cloud services. If you have additional questions, please reach out to your Adobe account team for more information!

4. Commenting and making annotations in design OR on shared prototype online

it's pretty self-explanatory.. you can give feedback by commenting and making annotations on the prototype, if someone posts something you get an email with a summarium of all the feedback or you get notified via creative cloud.. there could be settings where you want to be notified and if instantly or like 1 hour later!

this is valuable to me because it makes the communication easier, which otherwise would lead to tons of emails going back and forth.

339 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With our November release, you can now add comments to shared prototypes! Comments are contextual to the artboard. Please check it out and let us know what you think. Feature improvements should be suggested as new ideas in UserVoice.

Thanks!

-Elaine

5. Show all available screens to navigate in shared prototype (map / overview of all artboards)

I would like for there to be a way to display all available screens in the prototype. Currently the web view is good for presenting but not good for users who are not clear on what the flow is. Providing a way to jump around these screens would be incredibly helpful.

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Comment on shared prototype without having to sign in

People should be able to leave comments on a shared web prototype online without having to make an Adobe account.

The stakeholders we want feedback from (clients, management, etc.) do not all use Adobe CC, so requiring even a free account adds an extra barrier before people can comment.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With this month’s release of XD, your stakeholders can now sign in as a guest without a CC account and comment on your prototypes. Any prototype that already has commenting enabled should now see a “sign in as guest” option at the bottom of the comments panel if you’re not already signed in.

-Elaine

7. Full screen shared prototypes on desktop (fill entire browser tab/page)

Ability to view full screen (within your browser) desktop sized prototypes.

Gives you the ability to experience the prototype as if it were a live website.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is now available for shared prototypes. On the web, click the full screen icon at the top right of the page to see your shared prototype in a full screen mode.

8. Able to comment on a specific part of the prototype

As you share your prototype it would be great if I could leave a comment anywhere in the prototype, say on a specific button or image, etc.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With today’s update of XD, you can now pin comments to an artboard. From a shared prototype:

1) Click on the comment icon (top right) to open the comments pane.
    2) Sign in with and Adobe ID, or as a guest.
    3) Type in your comment.
    4) Click on the “Pin to Artboard” link.
    5) Move your pin to the correct location on the artboard.
    6) Drop the pin.

9. Comment inbox in web prototype

I would like to have an inbox with all the new comments listed and each one linking to the appropriate page/screen.

Right now you have to go through each page to see if there is a comment or not. This is tedious if you're using XD as a client review tool.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [Windows] Update prototype

I'd like to be able to update my shared prototype from the Windows version of Adobe XD.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now update protototypes using the May version of Adobe XD! To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

11. Ability to resolve a comment as done

It would be nice to have an option to have a check box to resolve comments & feedback. I think dropbox has this feature now.

This would be helpful so that as I'm designing I can every easily see the issues that still need address & those that might need some more attention.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Windows] Share to web

I'd like to be able to share my prototype to the web so that my stakeholders can view them.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Full screen web prototype view on mobile browser (hide browser chrome)

after i've shared a prototype URL then i view it on my phone, is there a way to disable browser UI when viewing the prototype on mobile device? can you tuck away the browser chrome? it is a bit fussy and annoying trying to tap through a native app experience when i keep having to scroll around to get rid of the browser chrome. it feels clunky.

thanks so much! apologies if this is a duplicate, but i can't find similar request anywhere.

-byron

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

If the browser chromes are appearing over your artboard in the mobile browsers, then you can scroll up to dismiss the browser chromes.
    Please try it and let us know your feedback.

Best Regards
    Rizurekh Saha

14. Move pinned comments in shared prototypes

I'm loving the pin feature that y'all rolled out yesterday in the shared prototypes. My suggestion would be to allow users to edit the pin once they have dropped it. Currently, you can go back and edit the text, but you can't move the pin around once you've submitted your comment.

Another cool feature would be to show a pop-up of the comment attached to the pin on click.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reorder artboards or hide navigation buttons in shared prototype

When sharing with a less tech-savvy client, they see the arrows and automatically go to click through like a PDF reader. It would be good to have a way to either change the order of the pages for that view (you can't always guarantee that the order the artboards are built in will be the order they appear in the user journey) or the ability to hide them in the share settings.

hide/turn off "slide" feature on prototype

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Comment Notifications for SHARE ONLINE

First of all, thank you for a great product (even for a beta)!

I am currently working on a larger website mocku project for a client, I used the SHARE ONLINE feature that you provide. For small projects this works great as it is now, but for projects with many artboards it get's hard to keep track of when or where or by whom a new comment has been made - hence as the title says, it would be great with some kind of notification system, maybe some kind of simple color indication that a new comment was made in…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of this last week, the owner and any reviewer who comments (while logged in with an Adobe ID) will begin getting email notifications. Email can be turned off or changed to a daily digest using email preferences on https://accounts.adobe.com.

17. Hotspot hinting in prototypes

Would be nice to have the option to see where interactive hotspots are when viewing a prototype on the web.

I do think the option to have them hidden is still important for user testing, but client demos would be aided by a hint as to what can be clicked on.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now available. When you click on a portion of a shared protototype that is not clickable, you will get hotspot hints. In the future, we will offer the ability to turn off the hotspot hints. For now, they are on all the time.

18. Comments are hard to discover

- Comments section is very valuable, but people have been missing that during handoffs and discussions. Its not clear that tapping the icon is will open up the comments panel. A first time learning curve.
    - Also replies are not easily discovered. It might make sense to collapse when we have a lot of comments/ replies in a thread, but to start with can we have everything opened up. Or a switch to full collapse/ open
    - It also not evident if new comments are placed. I do get a notification but would need to go to each screen to…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Embeddable Prototypes

It'd be amazing to be able to embed a shared prototype so clients, users can interact with it.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Deep link URL directly to a specific artboard in shared prototype

Add a direct link to a screen/artboard in a shared prototype: e.g. xd.adobe.com/view/prototype-id#screen-name.

Additionally, a list of screens (like in Axure) might be useful.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base