Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Use a reference of external strings IDs in text fields.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Have pins display in ascending order

Description: Display the order of pins in ascending order so the oldest pin is at the top and the latest pin at the bottom.

When looking at a page, you scroll down. It would just make sense to have the pins go in the same direction. Maybe give us the ability to toggle between ascending and descending.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A tool similar to the artboard tool in Illustrator that makes it easy to target the selection as the artboard and not the contents. This allows the user to rearrange the artboards quickly and easily. The current click target for artboards that must be used to rearrange artboards is tiny, particularly when zoomed out and makes it very difficult to rearrange single artboards as well as a complex selection of artboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When a shape is drawn, for example a rectangle, there is a chance XD will convert that shape to a path at some point, specifically if grouped with other elements, making scaling and resizing elements problematic. This is especially true if you're using radiused corners on your shape. This appears to be an intended behavior in XD, but it really sucks, and results in a lot of re-work, or wonky-looking shapes.

Rather than automatically making this decision, XD should allow/prompt the user to decide if and when a shape gets converted, similar to how Photoshop rasterizes a vector.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In Sketch there is an option adding "-g-" as prefix to a folder name you want to export to avoid the devs to select the sublayers of this folder.

feature is describe here at the bottom of the page

https://support.zeplin.io/sketch-integration/exporting-assets-from-sketch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great to have the ability to use the delete button to delete color/character styles and symbols (instead of having to right-click).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When I design, I put a prototype screen, with a look and feel that I like, next to my artboard, and use this as inspiration, like I guess many people do. It would be great if I could get the attributes of the font on the prototype (png or jpg) and quickly use that font in my own design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  8. Now I can only link a full prototype / design spec to a jira issue.
    Our workflow is to (deep)link specific screens from that prototype to a single ticket as the scope of the issue is only a part of the prototype.

Or is there a workaround?

This is an important feature to make the Jira integration useful for us.
    I'm using Jira Server in my organisation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In the comments when a mention (@) is used with an email - for e.g. @someone@something.com - It should send an email / notify that email about the comment. That way the user can action that comment. Invision has this feature and is such an important feature.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to suggest adding a couple of functions to speed up the file editing process.
    1 - I need to swap two gradient colors. Now I have to do it manually. I would like to have a "swap" button so that this is done automatically.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Right before opening the project. Listed of all created projects should be able to right mouse click to drop a menu to duplicate or anything to do with outside of the project.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Design Systems: Documentation syncs between design system and projects. an online resource where all design related documentation is stored, Colors, Typography, Assets, UI Patterns and more.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi! Developers often ask me to define margins and columns in percentage for responsive websites. New XD update give us good control of the grid layout but it might be usefull to set up with percentage instead of pixels.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to have the same alert you get from Indesign regarding Overset text. Content is equally as important as design/prototyping in most projects so if there's no alert that indicates something's wrong before publishing a link for review, it just creates more room for error. The same reason applies to why it was needed in Indesign, really.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. after generating a link for the client to see, sometimes there are 100 screens in the link. the client wants to discuss a specific screen which could be no. 56. It takes a lot of time to navigate to that screen. Pressing the right arrow 56 times!!!

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m keeping this one open, but a quick way for your client to share exactly what screen they want to talk about is to send you the URL they have in their browser when they’re looking at the prototype. Because we have deep linking, the URL will bring you right to that artboard.

16. Please look at this XD "Design Specs" file:
    https://xd.adobe.com/spec/37ccb941-8fd4-4a7f-6223-499948dc3fcb-41fd/

The "L" shaped elements (colored RED and FUCHSIA in the file) cover and prevent the selection of and identification of the specs, of everything below them. Even though these "L" shaped elements are not closed shapes they cover everything below them (BTW, it's the same when there is a surrounding border that is above everything else, layer wise).

Please, this must be corrected.

The attached file was "Exported" to PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I think it would be a good idea to have a way for a client to sign off as a final approval of prototypes after they have made there comments and the designer has addressed and resolved the issues. A step further on this would be to be able to directly highlight certain sections of the workflow for a client to review if there were any afterthought changes that require a new sign off.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The fonts in XD are so crisp on windows. I kinda like lost my soul of using it there compared to figma.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  19. Would love to see the ability to place the xd previews as graphics on dimension renders and be able to choose from a list of available artboards to use in the render. This would allow me to create high quality renders of the preview on screen for pitches and also for advertising on the web and in print material for clients.

More critically, I'm hoping that dimension gets the ability to add keyframes and render video, or even just animate between saved camera positions. Having the ability to transition between xd artboards with auto animate in a rendered dimension video…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Description:
    Ability to link to different XD documents, or create a 'project' folder that would let different features of a project to be put into separate XD documents.

Why is this valuable:
    With separate pages being in separate documents, but still linked into a single prototype, different owners could collaborate on a single experience and work together to create a single experience. Linking to an XD doc would open the page at the prototype home screen.

Dependencies:
    The ability to verify links are XD links (currently available I believe).
    Project team members and collaborators.
    External links in Prototype Mode
    Project…

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)