Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Download Roboto and Roboto Condensed from Google Fonts (This form doesn't allow me to add ttf files or a zip) and open the XD file attached (saved on Windows) on Mac. The condensed font variant is not found. When you replace the links and save, they will not be found on Windows.

The two systems work differently for font variants. Windows lumps variants under one name, Mac keeps them separate. We need XD to understand these differences and look for both versions.

Here is a discussion where I already described it: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10986982

Thanks for looking into it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. In the last few projects that I have been working on wherein we have used Adobe XD for designing the front-end, there are a few issues that we have noticed and perhaps, there are ways to work around it or solutions to optimise the process either at the design level or the code level.

Whenever I translate the Design to HTML using Adobe XD, I use the option key on my mac as a guide to understand and set the spacing between elements.

1. In some designs, although the designer has set margins and paddings as multiples of 5 - say…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Problem: I often think I'm missing certain weights of a font because the dropdown fails to indicate the list is longer than the initial view.

Solutions:

1) Remove the height limitation on the dropdown — show me everything!

2) If that's impossible, at least show me a scroll bar, or have the text masked at the edge of the box to indicate the option to scroll. And start me at the beginning of the list if possible — very confusing to be started like 3 items into the list

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Circular mouse pointer with button press effects for windows users when recording interaction, as mac users have

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The project view that shows thumbnails of all artboards should scale lower than 10% (2,3,4 % even) if needed - otherwise at the moment when the project file is wider it gets cut off by the browser - you can still navigate it using mouse and holding space to drag, but most devs I know find it awkward if they want to jump from screen to screen. If they use 1366px screen than often projects don't fit at 10%.

"ok.png" shows me fixing it by moving artboards into a smaller column, "bad.png" shows how it looks on screens with lower…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. With the artboard selected, hit CMD + R (or similar) to be able to rename the artboard, without needing to double click into the title.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I understand why the limit exists and I'm ok with the presence of a limit in the active shared prototypes and design specs.
    Given that nowadays almost every develop platforms have quite large free tiers (Azure DevOps, GitHub, TeamCity, AWS, GitLab, and others), the limit of one active project don't fit very well with the free tiers of those dev tools.

I think that a bigger limit could be really really appreciated from hobbyists, freelances and small startup (which are the users of those free tiers) who can do the upgrade to a paid plan when their business permit it.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a way to limit recurrence of speech playbacks so that the user can reuse an artboard without the speech playback repeating.

I've attached a sample file that combines a speech playback trigger with drag gestures. When you drag the map right, then left, the speech playback triggers a second time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The idea would be to make a website so people can see the plugin's functionality in detail and images/video for plugin in adobe xd. The idea would be similar to the slack apps site, github, electron, etc.

I believe this would greatly help the use of plugins, even to fully understand the functionality of the plugin and download only those that you will use.

I mention this because of the experience I have in using these other services and their plugins / apps, regarding the use of plugins with adobe xd, which does not detail both their plugins.

I think…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When sharing a link for review with a client, often there's not much need for a high security password, but it's still good practice to include a password, especially for client confidence. It would be helpful to be able to create a password that didn't require numbers & upper and lower case letters. Disabling the "high security" password requirement could be an opt-in option so the default would still be secure. This would allow you to create a password like "<name of your business>" that would be sufficient for this use case, and easy for the client to remember.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Instead of knowing or learning the exact color code, HEX/RGB, it would be really great to actually work with the HUE, saturation and/or black level.
    Within the design system that I've created, the primary color is 204 on the HUE level and every other blue color will have that starting point.
    In Adobe XD, I cannot change the HUE level based on an actual number, but by guessing, which is frustrating and a wrong way of working — I'm currently working with PS opened, just so I be able to work with a proper color picker.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When outlined XD makes text single color disregarding other colors applied within one piece of text - it should preserve all the colors used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Instead of manually input dimensions for a custom size, it would be much easier to be able to drag'n'drop a file to the custom size icon so it automatically would adapt the size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would be ace if smart objects (illustrator vectors in in a Photoshop smart layer) could transfer across ultimately as editable vectors in XD....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Masked layers should have the ability to be inspected for sharing with developers. They are currently treated as one grouped element where individual layers cannot be inspected.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Maze.Design is an extraordinary user testing tool that is personally my go to tool for usability testing.

Maze is amazingly simple and intuitive to import designs and create a user test, and track a users session, it provides details such as heat-maps, screen time, device details etc.

It currently has integrations with InVision, Sketch and Marvel. It would be AMAZING to get AdobeXD in on that list.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have found that Figma gives users the ability to create a grid inside a shape. Say for example I am creating a dialog and putting content in it that I want to be aligned in two columns, I would have to do this manually with shapes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I often have to rename an element on the fly so it's not messing up the animations. To do this now I have to go and switch the left pane from the Assets pane to Layers and find my element and right click rename then switch it back to Assets because that's what I use most.

Clicking on an element and see its properties I should be able to quickly rename it ) and always see its name.

In addition to the name you could show if it's a group and even how many objects are within the group. If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. While working developers where not able to get information on size of text or color in a boxed text which had a different size and color ontop then the bottom part. Is there a way where probably a developer would be able to highlight text in a targeted area to get character style and color?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The lower boundaries of the prototype view window are displayed as rectangular, rather than rounded, as upper. Rather, they are both rounded and straight at the same time.

Version 16.0.2.8 (Starter)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)