Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Can you give "save as" the ability to save "as a template" so that you can't overwrite an existing document. Indesign has this, and is very useful for protecting original documents that must never be changed.
    ie. You open a template doc, and the only option you have when you save is "save as", therefore keeping the original intact.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Workflow would suggest that the create Artboard tool should not be second to last on the side bar but closer to the top since one of the first things you do is create an artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  3. Having 'px', 'pt' and 'dp' as size unit is good but we need to use 'em' most commonly as flexible and scalable relative unit. Expecting 'EM' unit to the list.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have All Apps CC Plan. I only get access to my XD plugins from one installation of XD whilst the other is blank. This sucks cause I spend a ton of time prepping XD with alot of plugins that I cherry picked, tried and tested, and it doesn't have any effect on my other XD installment on the SAME CC license. It should be shared installments so we avoid repeating tedious tasks like this.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The Color Picker now shows a second line to indicate which colors meet the AAA contrast ratio recommendation.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When a symbol is selected on the artboard, show (in the properties panel):

• the instance name
    • the name of the symbol it's an instance of

I find myself doing A LOT of right clicking and then "Reveal Symbols in Assets" to figure out what symbols I'm actually using.

(Symbol use, management, overrides, and shared libraries are some of the biggest challenges we have in using Adobe XD instead of Sketch.)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When in the design specs the layout grid should look the same as in XD it self.

I'm working on 20 column grid with no gutter, but it turns out that the border you see in XD, you don't see that in the design specs. Result: a turquoise background for the developer with no reference ;-)

I could work around it (10 column grid with gutters and setting a side margin), but I would need to do that across the entire project.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. With private protoypes I can invite people by email address, so that I can then mention them in the comments using the @ symbol, even if they havent commented before.

I would like to have the same functionality for public prototypes, where this is currently not possible and I have to wait until they leave a comment on their own, in order to get their attention using mentions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to select text-to-speech language per action used.

1. Example: Creating a mobile app with text reading capabilities. If the app has a "Select Language" page, then the language read back should match the language selected.
    2. Having TTS language selection as part of each speech playback action created would be a great inclusion, especially if an app is developed with multiple languages.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can we expect a lighter version of Adobe XD in coming future which can support 2GB ram ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1- I know that might not sound like a priority but sometimes when I am using multiple text layers and converting them to paths, I would love to have a character isolation option in order for me to make it easier to then control each character, rotate, reflect or whatsoever on its own. Having nodes once converted to path is great, but I also believe that having an element isolation mode will be very helpful for quicker flow.

2- Having an option to control the parent anchor point of an object will def come in handy.

Lastly, not trying to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have only suggestion per ticket instead of multiple. I’ll edit this one to focus on the character isolation issue, but would you mind filing the parent anchor point as a separate issue? (Specifically, is this anchor point for the purpose of path drawing, or is it for the purpose of alignment?) Thanks!

12. In windows, it was very simple to right click a selection and select "Mask with shape" now that function requires some extra hunting in Mac. Could this be added into the menu when right clicking? It would be much less interaction cost (IMO).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to add/edit the class name to elements for developers.

Possible Solution
    - Adding the ability to show layer name. Therefore I can write out the class name.
    - Adding Dev notes for designers to add additional information to design specs. This help developers drive better consistence for end product if using an existing design system.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Smart symbols or symbols with states are discussed elsewhere. But, a super-easy way to implement this would be to simply make "show/hide" layer a symbol property that can be overridden. For example, a button's off state and its hover state could be stacked and either could be hidden in any placed instance.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice to have modifier key that you could press while positioning an object to disable alignment to the pixel grid.

e.g. holding down x while moving a object would let you move it freely without it aligning to the pixelgrid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We are interested in using the Adobe XD for Jira add-in. However when installed it is present on every Jira project. Jira is widely used inside our company for many software development and reliability projects.

We would like to use the add-in only on GUI development projects were we are also using Adobe XD, would it be possible for you to update the add-in to enable this?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In native macOS apps, control+clicking on the title displays a menu showing where the file is located.

XD does not seem to have any way to see where a file is located or reveal the Finder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Animations should be able to come out as assets. This way if you need to change all your animations at same time, for example to transition/none, it can be done quickly. This would be an AWESOME feature and should work just like colors assets!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Typesetting

I hope that the next version can see the "Full Justification" and "first line indent" settings in the text.

文字排版

希望下一个版本可以看到文本中有 “两端对齐” 与“首行缩进”设置功能

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We need icon exports without inline styles to be able to later color them by CSS . It's inconvenient that our frontend team members always have to delete those manually, when downloading SVGs from the Specs Page. As it is now, the download button is unusable.

Good Example (Nucleo Icon Export):
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 24 24" width="24" height="24"><g class="nc-icon-wrapper" stroke-linecap="square" stroke-linejoin="miter" stroke-width="2" stroke="currentColor"><circle cx="12" cy="12" r="11" fill="none" stroke="currentColor" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <line data-color="color-2" x1="11.959" y1="11" x2="11.959" y2="17" fill="none" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <circle data-color="color-2" data-stroke="none" cx="11.959" cy="7" r="1" stroke="none"/></g></svg>

Bad Example:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="24" height="24" viewBox="0 0 24 24"><defs><style>.a{fill:none;stroke:#0f0f0f;stroke-linecap:square;stroke-miterlimit:10;stroke-width:2px;}.b{fill:#0f0f0f;}</style></defs><circle class="a" cx="11" cy="11" r="11" transform="translate(1…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)