Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Web review URLs for active overlays. For example, you have a screen with an overlay of an dialog box and wanted to link directly to it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. If I copy a specific layer to another artboard, it should be placed above the chosen layer of the artboard, not on the top off all layers.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When selecting multiple elements, show the number of select groups, and/or elements that are selected.

This helps when dealing with too much content, and you really need to know how much elements you have, so you can align them correctly or space them around with the right spacing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There is no scroll bar visible in the page for the prototype when I look at a design spec in the web browser. I have a decent mouse but scrolling all the way to the bottom requires a lot of work for no apparent reason.

A visual scrollbar of the type that is in every other webapp and webpage that I have ever used would make the specs a lot easier to work with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. copy to microsoft powerpoint and word as an image to make a presentation

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A tool that allowed me to make rectanular measurements would be useful. It could behave like the selecting marquee tools in PS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-marquee-tools.html

This would be valuable because it would quickly give more specs to parts of the mockup that are not always XD elements. For example, if there was part of a mockup that was a screenshot, the XD measurement tools are not as accurate. Also is helpful for finding sizes of invisible containers. This would allow developers to freely grab measurements quickly for anything on the page.

Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Apple introduced HEIC/HEIF Files about a year ago for the iPhone and I can't still drag and drop them into the Adobe XD application on my Mac with Mojave.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi,

I have been using Adobe XD almost one and half year on product development, so I have seen lots of reference & Materials Guides which are only supporting Sketch & Figma, But i couldn't find for XD. I thought its still developing

And I Congralute the Adobe XD team for Bug fixing and Release Update

Now my idea is to create design system which need to generate design system based on color, fonts, buttons, etc which need to links with option while creating design

Just a idea of Placement: is to place like two option Design, Prototype (replaced Invision…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Xd is perfect to design experiences and interfaces. But as UX designer i also need to work with Axure.

I realy need a plugin that would allow to exports my designs to Axure so i could build prototypes easily.

Thank you

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow quickly getting the link of a particular artboard so I don't need to find the exact link in the browser since I have lots of artboards in my big projects and would like not to spend 5 minutes everytime I make a new update of the project.

I often want to guide the client to a specific area of a project and a Copy Link button would be more than welcome. (in the right click context menu)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would really like to have an option so that the resolve button is not visible or clickable.
    I use the “share for development feature” to give students extra help, but if they mistakenly click resolve, the help is gone, and then other students would not be able to get the help, so it would be nice to make the, resolve the button not visible or clickable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to clean up assets in the Assets panel. To be able to identify duplicate and unused assets, fix them in the file and remove the extras.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to have a "go to a specific art board" short cut, similar to "command j" in indesign

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I am currently saving a larger file and it just says "saving" for a while now. Granted, my internet is rather slow, but it would be nice and give me some peace of mind if I could actually see how far the saving has progressed than being left in the dark about it

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice to have a settings panel where I could choose whether 'Send to Back' sent objects to the very back or just to the most recent locked layer. Still, I almost always find myself creating large background images that I want to lock in place, and then sending objects behind them, and then having to pull them back forward by one.

Maybe I'm the only one who does this, or maybe it's not a very realistic request. Still, thought I'd put it into the ether just in case.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I create a symbol, XD current adds a symbol, but it does not set keyboard focus to that symbol's name.

This means that I have to move my mouse over to the Symbol section of the Assets panel, double-click that symbol and then type the name. This is a pain, particularly when creating a lot of symbols.

Instead, when I press Ctrl+K and a new symbol is created, I would like the field to be opened for renaming and my keyboard focus to be set to there. The same thing should happen if I create a symbol in another…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ability to use nonbreaking space between words.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great to have a shortcut with which I can remove the formatting on text. If I have a text which is bold, green and 48pt, upon selecting it and pressing the shortcut, it should return the text to default appearance- ie. black color, regular weight and default font size.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sometimes I remember the name of a button or notes I left in the document. And it would be very helpful to allow macOS to index files plain text content and make it searchable by Finder! Same applicable to Windows/Explorer combination.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →