Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

• Text with list feature, and able to change the bullet style
    • Allows tabs key in the text
    • Lines spacing should just be priority, e.g beside font size, location is not intuitive enough
    • Able to set global font colour and style, Eg. H1, H2, body
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for your feedback! Just in general, UserVoice is best when you file an individual idea instead of a group of ideas. Most of the ideas you’ve submitted are already in our database. Please upvote for them!

Elaine

1. Padding style: can be applied to a shape. Then using text tool click the shape and type. The padding is maintained on resizing the object (unless the value is changed in the padding style).

Margin style: works like the space before, left, right or after in InDesign. Can be applied to any object or text block.

Paragraph styles and Character styles (useful for links) work in the same way as Indesign (perhaps using web terminology, % values, rems).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Just in general, UserVoice works best when you only add one idea per submission. Some of the ideas you’ve suggested are already in the database, and only need to be upvoted.

Hope that helps!

Elaine

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I don't really have an idea for this, by that I mean a solution. All I have is my current problem: I have a very large prototype with A LOT of artboards, because this feature is quite big. Problem is, managing all the links between all the artboards and different elements is becoming challenging, and it's becoming harder and harder for me to manage what should be linked to what and how.

Been trying to Google this a bit, but haven't found much to be honest.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rulers and guides are very necessary in this program. Please make sure that elementary things to be added. thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. While prototyping more virtual options would have worked great. But again this is very good platform for learners or beginers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for trying out XD! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you make specific feature requests. In the meantime, our common suggestions are available for you to upvote within the system. Please do take a look at existing suggestions and upvote to let us know you’re interested!

Elaine

6. Image flipping option needed. Because when i flipp some visual , i can not able to rotate negative.means horizontal or vertical. And paragraph to paragraph spacing also good option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. So, I have been using XD since the start of this app and I really enjoy it, but as I was previously using Sketch app and when I shifted to XD. I usually get stuck in doing many things. Below is the list of features that XD should add:

1. Text Gradients
      Adding text gradients is very necessary as sometime we want to give a 3D look to our text using gradients and it is very difficult to do it in XD. I think it would be good to have a same dropdown as for shapes.

2. Multiple Fills
      That is another…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We really appreciate the thoughtfulness you’ve put into this post. UserVoice works best if you split your ideas up (for merging and upvoting), so we’d appreciate it if you could upvote existing stories or file new ones.

As it is, a number of your suggestions already exist in the database. For instance:

Thanks!

-Elaine

8. XD is very optimisation tool like Sketch but Vector Editor no one can beat Adobe illustrator in XD we need like that so soothing vector editors (path finders)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'd like to be able to switch the design mode to use points for coordinates and sizes.
    Translating points works really easily in other apps so I know exactly how to layout on a matching device size in Xcode.
    The virtual pixel on XD does not match up to points 1:1 with Xcode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently, zoom animation takes really long. I am used to pretty fast zooming in Photoshop and Illustrator - just one scroll of a wheel and you immediately are where you want to be.
    I think I am not the only one, thus an option to disable this long transition would be great.
    Also, there would be no need for blurring effect while zooming because there wouldn't be any redundant frames to render.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best if you file each one of your suggestions separately so that we can help merge them correctly. That being said, some of your suggestions already exist and can be upvoted.

-Elaine

13. Here is my feedback from using XD for a day.

1. You can't really figure out how to do anything without reading the tutorial. The main issue is scrolling. Needs to be more intuitive. I nknow scroll bars aren't in vogue, but that would make it possible for people to scroll. Using a large screen external monitor and mouse, you don't have touch and the touchpad isn't as convenient.

2. Selecting elements of compound objects is REALLY HARD. You can either click about 100 times until you get it, or zoom way in, click a smaller number of times, and then scroll…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when each feature request is split up into a separate feedback session, so that others can upvote. We appreciate the confusion, and hope you found that:

1. Mousewheel support for scrolling exists, similar to our other tools
    2. Ctrl+Click will direct select objects inside groups
    3. Group and ungroup are accessible in the context menu (right click)

Thanks,

-Elaine

14. Thank you very much for releasing embedding on external websites. it's really cool and helpful to show use the same prototypes in my portfolio.

I need to have few functions for the iframe.
    1. Ability to fullscreen
    2. Next and previous screen,
    3. View it on your device button show up a QR Code where user can view the app full screen on their device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, it’s a little difficult for us to split up the feedback into specific feature requests, so it would be great if you could file each one of these separately so that we can address them. That being said, it might be difficult for us to do these things within our iframe, as the commands you’re asking for need to be done in the parent HTML, not in the iframe. (Basically, you’ll need to do it on your side; it’s not something we can do on our side.)

-Elaine

15. This is not really an idea.. But the strong request to -fix- the prototype view. This is just mind boggling.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I was very excited when the latest update to XD added the Symbols feature. But I was very disappointed with the functionality of the same. These are a few suggestions I have that I would like to see in the Symbols panel!

1. Organization: There should be a way to name and organize symbols. As f now the symbols are names as 'Symbol 1', 'Symbol 2' , etc,. and their copies come up as 'Symbol 1- 1', Symbol 1- 2', etc. It would be great to be able to name the symbols so that i can see their names in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you separate out each one of your requests instead of lumping them all together. You should also search and upvote for existing ideas that match your own.

For instance:

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

17. Downloading transparent icons and then importing them to Photoshop just to change the color of it is just annoying.Especially when you have 4 gigs of ram.

Adobe pls.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As we requested information three months ago and never received a response, I’m marking this request as inactive. If you’re still interested in seeing this in Adobe XD, please do file a new request.

Thanks,

-Elaine

18. I am a constant user of XD and I love and bet on it but I miss a better text tool like Indesign. It should also be able to edit links directly in other CC software, as Indesign does. And I've never been able to use the library to work and export the assets correctly to the developer, that should be easy, to integrate design and development more quickly, as in Sketch APPs or software like webflow. Another point is to think about how to work the microinterinterations and animations of the direct interfaces in XD. And lastly work responsive…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file individual requests instead of all lumped together in one request.

You should definitely search for some of the improvements in the database, as many of them already exist. For instance:

As for your issue with exporting assets, you might want to check out this article I wrote about exporting assets in XD. https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Hope this helps!

-Elaine

19. Hey guys what happened to this function. Every time I use the shift + alt combo to copy paste an item, the item moves. It doesn't duplicate anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)