Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Given I create a component with instances, inside a component with instances, inside component with instances, third level of instances appears to be disabled even if you have different components with different instances inside.

That instances would be useful, for example, for a search bar, with list of items, with a switch inside these items, with a button when that switch is enabled.

I tried to do a video explaining what I wonder to do.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. If I have a component "checkbox", and a state of that component named "checkbox_active", when exporting the asset, both will be named checkbox.svg, then I have to rename it manually.

My idea is to name the svg accordingly with the state name or putting an underscore between names.

Ex: component-name_state-name

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It is currently not possible to Shift-Select multiple items once the layer list is filtered or searched.

It would be very helpful to have this feature as only relevant items are left and you probably want to select them all

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For small projects, it makes sense to add hover to components only, but for larger ones, you want to keep your assets clean with reusable components only.

Now when hover can be added to components only, a number of my "components" has raised significantly. This causes huge performance issues as well as organizational. (workaround is not to add hover, but what would be the point of the feature?)

I guess there is more than one solution to this problem, my suggestion is in the heading - give us the option to add states to groups.

Another thing that could help…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm working in a government organization that is disconnected from the internet, so we can't work with ADOBE XD,
    I would like to request that you consider the possibility of publishing a version for government organizations that work on an internal network so we can work with XD without losing the capabilities of the tool
    or let me know if there is any solution for this kind of environment

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I really think you guys should do something about your pricing model.

For a beginner UX designer like me, it was really nice to be able to achieve all the things that could with Sketch individual pricing for just $99 a year. The only reason I switch to XD was because I moved off the Apple platform for obvious reasons...

I think that your pricing model is insane for the average person looking to learn and experiment.

And saying that the AdobeXD app is free is not sufficient, as you really do need photoshop and illustrator to work as an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be nice to have an area that you could have exportable code like html and css. Also allowing you to add in any related custom code for a particular element that you click on in the dev spec.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. may you give us a plugin to select two object and exchange places or colors?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  9. I have created a linked Design System file and now one of the designers has overwritten some of my elements. I can go back in the version history and open a version before the mistake was made but I can't revert to that version. Because many files link to the source Design System file, I can't just make a new one and send it out — the orginal linked file needs to be maintained.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Fixed padding is great! Similar to the ability to view the layout grid columns, the ability to view the fixed padding universally could be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to define a base font size and scale ratio to generate a full type system in the typography asset window.

Example:

• I create my body type as 22px Roboto
    • I add the font to my typography asset panel
    • I navigate to the asset panel, right click the font and in the context window and select "Create system from type"
    • The asset panel is propogated by H1, H2, H3, etc. based on the original type
    • At the top of the typography asset section, there is a dropdown with different scale ratios to select
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It has happened before that I was just trying to click on a comment to jump to its associated page and accidentally hit the Resolve button because it only appears on hover. That area is prime clicking space because it appears empty. To subtly slip in a button right before you click down seems pretty dangerous. Especially for an action that does not have any easy to find way to undo itself.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hello Adobe i work with a TI team, we produce different types of websites. Developers in my team often ask me to send them images in specific formats, and sizes to optimize web`s performance. It would be great to have control of what extensions (.jpg, .png, .svg) are displayed in the download dropdown (picture send).

As the designer of the team i would like to hand the developers the files just as they need. I hope you found this comment useful !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm often designing for multiple user flows, and thought it would be nice to use the multiple share links feature to share separate links for each flow from the same file. It's dope that this can be done!

However, it's tedious and difficult to a) remember which home screen is attached to which shared link, and b) remember which screens were used in which share link. Sometimes one screen from one "flow" will link to another screen in a different "flow," for example, which makes it hard to deal with. Especially when making simple screen updates it's a lot of…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate with Shopify API to pull in products to prototypes from actual live store data.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Integrate the BoxIcons library so we can use their open source icons in any design.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. is there any plugin to translate to arabic
    or make rtl to the design ?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  19. Components can be very different from one another and the initial state can mean different contexts to the user.

Let us be able to rename the component's default state, so it can make more sense during the component building process.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When I edit an existing character style, I don't get to edit the text alignment that is left, center or right. It would be great to add this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)