Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Apparently some people want to automatically delete the already created links each time they save their file as a new one.

But this is not the case for everyone!

I need to keep my link history even if I saves as a new file.
    (I don't get how people can not just create new links)

This was a very important good point of XD for my team, clients and I, and now I have to explain to everyone that I will have to share a new link, or simply keep the same file even if I have big change on…

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. You know how sometimes you take pieces off of your artboard and put them 'aside' for later? When you duplicate an artboard those areas that hold design items (like texts, icons, boxes) should be considered occupied so you don't end up duplicating an artboard and have those spare parts now part of it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can we have a Page for all the Master Components?? Please

Page 1 - Project Artboards
    Page 2 - Project Components

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Page scrolling doesn't currently work during auto-animation playback. Scrollable pages should allow user to scroll while animation is in play.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I created a prototype link from a file that was later deleted. The link was shared with a client, and I have been asked to update the link. Because the file no longer exists, I cannot update the link. It would be nice to be able choose an already existing link in my assets when I'm working from a new file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adobe XD can help a lot of people working with front end, but, also including a UML 2.0 modeler, they would be helping even more IT professionals, being able to design and create many things directly with Adobe applications.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  7. It is useful to edit strings collectively, for example if you focus on a board, make a panel, where all strings are listed leading to the focused board.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Drag and Drop Elements in the layer panel and copy them by holding ALT.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It should be possible to open tools and properties in separat panels like in every other Adobe Software ...

So you can - for example - look at layers and components at the same time, having the font properties always open, having a different panel for pathfinder options etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be much better if setting highlighted on the screenshot with red square would be remembered every time I open the page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let's say I create a simple button component. Then I want to have an outlined button. Then I want to have both buttons have a state containing an icon. Then I want all these to have a hover, active, and disabled states. On top of all this, I want a version of all of this for light mode and a version for dark mode.

See where I am getting at? I am creating a design system that my team can reuse for their designs. Many of the components I am trying to create are fairly complex and creating a separate…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice to be able to select an artboard and batch export all assets on that artboard only.

I work on several pages that are updated weekly and so I have one XD file for the entire week. Each page is it's own project and the assets need to be uploaded to dev in separate locations so being able to select one artboard and only export assets on that artboard would be super helpful!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Iconfont is the most popular icon website in china, and Axhub is a plugin that support for axure, which can copy the icon from the website and paste it in axure. It can be used for XD too, but the size of icon which pasted is too large. We have to change its size every times.
    Hope someone can do something like this plugin, what's more, it's really easy to use!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  14. Is it possible to export icon as .ico format? I wanted to save save icon for "favicon"

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Vuetify components to be altered in XD would be great!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  16. Would be nice if assets wich exported to AE would be dynamically linked to the design in XD. So every update in XD updates the Assets in AE, just like AI->AE or dynamic link between AE and PR.

Everytime I update a design and send it to AE, a while new composition is created wich makes working with updated files almost impossible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently the behavior of zooming is different between the Share Mode and Design and prototype mode.

This is confusing and not good usability. Please just allow the users to learn one way of zooming and keep it consistent within the application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  18. Scenario:
    You copy a component from a first xd document into a second one. You then create a local component out of the emerged linked one and change the name. If you now copy the same component from the first document again in the second, there does not appear a new linked component but the component is linked to the old (local) one.

Problem:
    We want to create a WHCM for our software. And to show the changes we want to put both the localized and the newly linked components in one document. But currently we have to delete and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. While playing (long) transitions (e.g. a 5 sec auto-animated loading animation) it is not possible to trigger any keyboard/gamepad or voice events (e.g.in order to jump to another view). This is annoying.

Click events -on the other hand - are possible to abort running transition at any time.

I reported this as bug, but was told to raise it here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When padding is on and you move some elements, the width/height of the grou changes. It's a problem when you want to for example have specific width of the element (i.e. background shoud be 1920px wide or button should be 48px in height, when you turn on padding and change font size your button is not 48px anymore).

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)