Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Make a shortcut for creating a "Hover state" from components. Ctrl/command+H is available.

Making component is easy with Command/Ctrl+K. 3 secs is wasted dragging the mouse to click on the (+) to create "Hover state".

Implementing a shortcut would be productive.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'd like to be able to select multiple layers and hide or show them with one click.

Currently I have to click on hide/show on each individual layer, wasting unnecessary time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. With autosaving documents in cloud, when I accidentally hit Cmd+Q it closes instantly the XD app and all opened documents without any warning. It is annoying because I have to reopen all previously opened documents.
    Google Chrome has this option that warns you to press Cmd+Q twice to close the Chrome (in case you hit it accidentally, which is not that difficult having W, that closes single document, sitting right next to Q). It also gives you the possibility to reopen all previously opened tabs, this might be useful too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would like to make entire artboard a component for templating purposes, so that I can override but still stick to original design.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The explicitness of the artboards is one of the most valuable aspects that drove me into XD.

It is great for design (when you can see and edit things at once) and specially for team collaboration ("How will development see all states?" https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs).

Wouldn't it be great if:
    1 - states were special (explicit) artboards, tied to the original object (like Overlays);
    2 - the single regular Interaction pane could have triggers like "Hover/Mouse in/Mouse out" and actions like "State" (instead of requiring setting up states in the Design of a component before triggering them elsewhere in Prototype);
    3…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Mask with Shape" always selects the top object as the mask, but sometimes we want the bottom object to be the mask.

The selection order, or an additional buttom, should provide the option to choose who's the mask.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently when you go to the share mode, the cursor automatically changes the drag mode. You can zoom in/out by clicking on the zoom tool at the top left or at by pressing Z in your keyboard.

I don't know if it was intentional to remove the alt + scroll to zoom shrortcut, but I think it would be best if we have that.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For your consideration, it would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut for applying "Fix Position When Scrolling" to selected elements.

It would save me time when having to re-apply this setting to certain elements after being manipulated or grouped/un-grouped.

That's all, just a lil click-saver suggestion.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to have a way populate text boxes with text and retain formatting/special characters including indents and spacing. I have content in word and would love for a plugin that could populate each text box (maybe by treating each paragraph break as a different box)? I develop technical training and am using XD for storyboarding--this is a huge limitation with content that is technical in nature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently when master component values are overriden, the only way to revert the overriden values is to do so as a whole object. There is no way to just revert one property or one specific object inside the component. In Unity (game engine) they use a prefab system (similar to components) where any value that has been overridden has a blue bar beside the value in the component value panel. This way you can right click each value and revert it to the master on an individual basis. This can save a ton of time versus going back to master…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make the interactions on 2nd component, inside 1st component with active interaction - work!. Inception-thing-trying-to-describe-haha

They work for a few minutes, but deactivates later.

It is basicly a button inside a button. Please make it work.

I can go around the issue by adding more new canvas such a "load-in", but this will take up entire artboard - and this is not infinite (..new idea! ;)..)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Since CMD+Shift+Click i'm able to select multiple object across different groups, but what if my group is also a component, then i'm only able to select with CMD+Click, but CMD+Shift+Click does'nt work if I want to select objects across differrent components

in the example I try to select a text field within the group. This only works for groups with CMD + Shift + Click, but if I do the same and I make a component of the group, it will select all components instead of just the textfields.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you're at work and you're done for the day.

Then the program closes (picture: Adobe-XD_now).

When restarting the program you are asked: do you want to go back to the last position? (picture: Adobe-XD_restart)

If yes: go to the view where the program was closed (picture: Adobe-XD_now).

If no: the view does not change.

The advantage is: you still know where you have worked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would love to be able to swap the hover state to the default state rather than having to redo both states if I want to swap the two. This would save time on more complex build outs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Maybe, developers can develop a plugin to generating thumbnails. So, it's generating random images from specified resources.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add an option to embed youtube videos and make it a component.
    Thanks

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be amazing if we could export a project into HTML AND CSS. I know there is already the Plugin WebExport but it doesnt do CSS as well

Thank you

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  18. I have realized that when working on different devices using Adobe XD, the option it gives us to preview our designs is a bit inefficient. This is considered to be to the "desktop preview" We do not present the measures as in theory should be seen since when designing on different screen sizes like a mac and then continue on a different laptop or computer either to analyzing the design or correcting errors shows a drastic change. My suggestion is that they can implement a pre-visualization option in the browser like the one that Adobe Dreamweaver gives us, this facilitates…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. In photoshop it's really really easy to create Hero-Image for example with 3 options (And show/hide these options - or save these options for future development) -- see the file attached.

This "basic" idea is very hard to manage by Adobe XD (Also hard to change images inside a frame - you find this issue as
    separate topic).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share Link with password parameter as a paramter like https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12 for jira integration.

When share link is protected by password. All jira integration is showing message like 'This link is protected by password.' Password Protection is cool feature but, not kindly with integration

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)