Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. A frequent flow is to edit master (ctrl+shift+k) and then zoom out, find the instance I was working on, zoom in+pan and continue the work.
    It would be very nice having a way to do the reverse flow (going back to previous instance to continue the work in the same windows I was without the zoom+hand).

I wondered the possible solutions:
    - A temporary floating button after going to master to return to the instance.
    - Shortcut to return to the previous instance.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. keep paths as paths when copying elements from Illustrator to Adobe XD

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be really useful, if reviewers could klick on a textfield and add the Text they want on the textfield.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I know that iPad OS is probably a bigger focus for developing thus, but it would be amazing to see Adobe develop apps like Adobe XD for not only iPad, but also Android or Chrome OS. I recently switched away from an iPad Pro to a Chrome tablet, and I definitely would love to keep using Adobe's software if I can! But right now there's sadly not a lot available for Chrome OS or Android as compared to iPad.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The Text Component Edit Panel should feature the same colour palette picker as the one in the Appearance panel.

I don't know how this has slipped through but it's quite clear the Colour Picker Panels need to be consistent.
    See attached: Text component panel and colour picker from the Appearance panel.

There's no reason for the component panel to not feature the palette and make it easy to maintain consistency.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The background blur effect creates a white halo around entire artboard when you have full bleed background graphics. The effect ignores pixels that exist beyond the artboard.

TLDR: Could you give the background blur effect optional access to the pixels beyond the artboard, please?

Thanks!
    Mike

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Artboard States:

Assume we have artboard "#1" which will be used as an overlay MODAL. That MODAL can easily be a component with different states such as "success" and "error", but that doesn't go far enough in reducing artboard clutter because you can't access the states via prototype interactions unless they exist in their own artboard.
    I propose Artboard States. This feature would be useful for Prototyping. For Example; if I click an artboard named "A" then the Prototype Interaction panel option for "destination" to Artboard "#1" should also include what state I want to land on. For example "#1…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to have the Download XD File option when looking at the cloud history. Today I only have "open in a new window" and "rename this version", I wish there was an "download this version" option for making backups.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Hello,

Is there a way to make an accordion work? what about pull-down menus on the navigation as well as part of the body content?

I will hate to move to Axure RP19, now I am almost done with my prototyping and this is a must to have.

Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I absolutely love the new hoverstates features in Xd. Following this I think it would be very handy if Xd introduced more advanced states like touch feedback for when we design and prototype mobile apps. For example as I type this message the letters on my keyboard pop up and out to show what I am pressing. Same thing goes for my calculator, as I press a number it bolds up. These subtle animations/feedback would do wonders when presenting the prototype.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When ungrouping a repeat grid, the grid items are ungrouped in such a way where the grid items are now reversed. I like to have my objects sorted from top to bottom to match how they appear on my artboard.

It would be great to update this behavior to sort the ungrouped items from top to bottom, or provide a setting to change the order. Maybe a checkbox/toggle next to the "Ungroup grid" button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  12. As a designer I want to select multiple components and be available to change to hover or default state at the same time.

Thanks

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clicking and dragging to select all items in an area of an artboard (then deselecting any unwanted layers) would is so intuitive - instead of clicking and dragging only to find all you're doing is dragging around a background image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  14. When I select now multiple instances of a component I can’t set the state anymore. This is the power of Sketch I still miss in XD and holds me back. Editing everything 1 by 1 in complex UI’s with dozens of artboards and variations is simply annoying. Same for swapping nested components. Currently it’s all or one 😕

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When i'm designing with a grid and guides, I find super useful the photoshop " hide extras " shortcut.
    I would like to see it in XD ( not having to hit the preview button )

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Developers tend to use other naming conventions than designers for exported assets. Having an option to rename each asset right before the download button on the design spec screen would be very helpful (especially for Android developers since they would have to get into several folders if they want to rename assets themselves).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I am proposing a thought for Adobe XD which inculcates new feature and technology of using voice as source of fast communication.

“As we can create an interactive prototype with speech in XD, it would be better if we can create our screens (wireframes, visual designs) by using human speech. Human command will work effectively and quickly than creating manually. For example, for creating a square of 50X50 with rounded corners and having stroke of 2 px with some specific color will take some 1 min of time but by using human language same task can be completed within fraction…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I work a lot with icons from icons8, i know they have a desktop app that we can use to throw our icons in xd, but a plugin could give US there hybrid solution that only works in web that let us select a icon and edit the same icon creating overlay or other nice effects

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  19. Can we please get a minimap so we can visually navigate our multi-artboard design files more easily? Like this Figma plugin:
    https://www.figma.com/c/plugin/772952119002135124/Minimap

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Component instances on hidden layers are not highlighting on canvas.

Hitt the "Show layer" icon, then switch back to the asset panel, the "highlight component on canvas" feature finds 0 results. only highlighted component is visible on the canvas.

I might accidentally delete instances from hidden layers...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)