Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When importing a PSD into XD, it should be able to create an assets library such as images, font styles used, colour palettes etc.

Perhaps even a components library, provided the groups or whatever it may be have been correctly named.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I like to imported linked SVGs into my project. I'd like them to behave the same way as linked images, meaning I can easily update all instances of the SVG.

My use case is we are using a lot of SVG icons in our design projects. When the icon is changed, we would like to be able to quickly update all screens with the new icons. With the way XD currently treats SVGs, I would have to manually update all occurences of the icon OR transform them to a component, which would spam the component library with hundreds of icons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  3. It would also be enormously helpful if I could choose a different background colour for my asset library.

we are building a dark mode and all the assets are white - so currently I cannot see what anything is at all

(Moved to another thread: When in Developer handoff - It would be nice to be able to click on a component and see all of the asset it contains in all of its states.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m repurposing this to be about the background color, as UserVoice works best when you only have one suggestion per ticket. There’s another suggestion about showing component states in design specs, so I’d suggest that you upvote that one! Thanks!

4. It would be great to have an option in assets panel to only show components that being used on current artboard.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Situation:
    I create a component to represent a live video chat head in a group chat app. I will use a static image for the prototype. The chat head will have several states, including hover, selected, muted, etc. I need to create 30 of these. After I built the component with all the states, I created a repeating grid of them so that I can drag my 30 photos into the components.

Problem 1:
    The drag fails to propagate the photos to the other 29 instances in the grid... it only puts one photo into the drag targeted instance

Why…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When designing components in XD, I create components with placeholder content.

Example: I Have a widget with a title 'Expenses' and placeholder content '$X,XXX.XX'. I do this because I have a variety of screens with the widget that has different values in the placeholder content. Ex: '$9,473.56' or '$7,120.58'.

Whenever I change the master component to update the design, all the instances of placeholder content I created are reverted back to '$X,XXX.XX'.

I need a way to to keep certain texts fields in components from changing when updating components.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character styles…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Without fail there is always an interaction or need that isn't in the software. Plugins allow custom code during development. Allow a custom code component to run during the prototype state so I can add features that XD lacks. Like a scrollbar component that scrolls dynamically when users are viewing the published shared content to better simulate a true experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When making text a component, can the name of the component be the what is in the line of text?

Example: I have a text box that says 'Home' in my nav that I want to add a hover to. When I select the text box press + in the PI on the right to make a component and add a hover, it has renamed my layer/new component "Component 2 – 1". Would rather it rename "Home - Component" or something so I don't have to re name every nav item in my layers and components on the name level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It will be great if I can mark Component Master as exportable to export all Component Instances. If I have a button which I used many times I'd like to make them all (and all new instances) exportable at once.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ◆ Overview
    The following causes not behaving as expected when it's placed horizontally.

◆ Actual
    Width is automatically adjusted based on either highest or widest element within a state once one of the elements in Hover State is edited.

◆ Expected
    Optional setting to set a fixed height and/or width of triggering element for hover state.

◆ Why is this valuable to you?
    Though if I prepare Master Component with finalized contents each time, it is feasible with current version; however, if this option would be added, it'd be helpful to reduce a prep time for prototype.

◆ Reference
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/62a73241-5d41-4051-4c2f-ece3a50bda6d-1496/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. ◆ Overview
    After releasing "State" feature, it's been able to prepare complex interactions like "hover." Following feature may help to reduce required time preparing a new component with similar behaviors/instructions.

◆ Actual
    New component with state settings every time when a similar behavior is expected in different look and feel.
    (Currently, preparing another XD file is believed to be the only solution to avoid this by selecting "Make it as local component" after loading it from another XD file.")

◆ Expected
    By select "Use it as a new Master Component" is to make a new Master component instead of copying…

737 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When recording a prototype interaction, the circle cursor shows off all of the jerky movements of my mouse. An option to automatically smooth my cursor movements would make for a cleaner and higher fidelity animation.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My feature request would be to allow a user the ability to drag-and-drop layers into a Master Component.Currently you can't drag-and-drop layers into a Master Component. My use case would be: I begin a design in XD and have multiple screens/artboards, then a week goes by and my designer has the branding logo ready for me to add. I now have to ungroup my master component, regroup, "Make Component" again, and then re-duplicate it across all my artboards

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. My team and I created a shared CC library and I added couple colors on it. I want to be able to reorder the elements so it will be more organized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be great to aslo have a preset "pressed state" wich wil trigger an animation on the same basis as the preset "hover state" but applied to a tap trigger :
    - Hover in = start animation
    - Hover out = reverse animation

So, for pressed state, it would go as such :

• Key/Tap press = start animation
    • Key/Tap release = reverse animation

It would also be great to enable a "Long Press/Tap" trigger by creating a new trigger or adding the possibility to set a tap duration on tap trigger.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I create my prototype and share, enter the link.
    I can in each element and can display properties.

1 example is CSS properties or Fonts styles.

We are working with Adobe Xd in company software and designers do the link for developers. send to developers and see the properties.

Developers want 1 property. to see the tag HTML to work on the Web. example:

When we click the font "Title" and stay in Bold we can see the tag HTML: <strong> </strong> or B.

Developers and designers UX really need this to help work better.

Another optión is the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please rename the "Dissolve" transition to "Fade". Dissolve is a terrible blending mode in Photoshop and it took me weeks to realize that "dissolve" really just means "fade" in XD. "Fade" would be far more intuitive for users, more accurately describe what the transition is, and set the right expectation prior to clicking.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I design, I often put several paragraphs or bulleted lists in the same text box. When I share my designs with my developer, it is difficult for him to get only the text he needs from the shared development document. When you click on the "Content" section in the right developer spec panel, it automatically copies all of the text in the box (see screenshot).

It would be helpful if there were a way to highlight and select only a portion of the text in the content box that you could then copy using a shortcut. You could grab…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When opening a CC-Library in XD, I can't edit the elements inside the library. In other CC-Tools like Photoshop there is a edit-command in the context menu of every item. That's missing in XD, or is there another workflow for editing library-elements?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)