Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hi,

I need to be able to create a variation of a Component Master with same structure hover, on click events e.g Active Buttons, Alert Buttons .

Make it available so that the Instance of a Master Component can be a new Master Component., without having to recreate the structure on every component variant i need to create.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Dear XD Team,

Often we build up a master file as a design grid system and this file for example we include all the icons. If we have lets say 30 icons, then we have to click and create a component one by one.

What we are missing is a "Make component of each selection" feature.

If that would be in the next update – that would be amazing!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Serkan

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hide Artboard Border/Outline. Like photoshop have the option to hide the outline of artboards.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• When selecting image appearance mode - (i.e Normal, Darken, Multiply e.c.t) have the image update when hovering over the menu like in photoshop.

• Rather than having no preview and having to blindly select before viewing how it would look. then undoing over and over

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this open for now (and edit it to reflect the issue with blend modes), but you can cycle through blend modes with Alt+Shift+plus and Alt+Shift+minus while the object is selected. Hope that helps!

4. Small detail, but as we define design system elements, the names of those elements are more important than the technical value.

In this case, for colors, the name of the color asset is more important than the hex value. Please swap the display of those values to reflect the importance...or provide the ability to turn that hex value off since, in some cases, developers should only be referencing the name anyway.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In design specs, there is a CSS section with a lot of great information. However, for some users, it is relevant and potentially harmful. It'd be great to be able to turn that section off so that it isn't displayed.

Some examples
    Some of our products are desktop products, built in C# and XAML. CSS is not relevant for our tech stack.

The CSS shows absolute, hardcoded values for position, size, color, etc. This is the opposite of what we want to communicate to development. They should be using relative values or referenced resources from our design system for those…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. First of all thanks for the latests updates in November – they are great ?

My team often struggles to find the needed character style in the assets panel. In the 'List View' you can give the fonts certain names; eg: H2 Titles 50/60 px.
    image: List View

When we switch to the 'Grid View' (which portrays the components larger and thus more useful in that case), then the given name unfortunately disappears and only the font names are visible, which we can do very little with.
    image: Grid View

It would be great to get this issue improved in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great for the user to be able to choose how they want to view their layers—like sketch or like current XD. Let the user decided which works best for them. I like seeing everything, not just the artboard I am on.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Component states are awesome, but right now the size increase for a complex component is not scalable. After doing some testing, components appear to increase their size proportionally to the number of states.

For example if I have a Default state, create a new state and move the components, say in a mask, to do an animation the size has now doubled. Then if I copy that to a new artboard, it doubles again, because both states get carried around. Therefore what originally would have been a master with an instance in 2 separate artboards with size 2X is now…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Component states are great but ideally it would be better to allow an interaction to do both a state transition and an artboard transition.
    So an example would be a side nav with each element triggering a transition to a different page/artboard.
    I would like clicking on the link to change the component state (decorate it for example) as well as transitioning to the target artboard

thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you have a layer within a group selected, then collapse the group and hide it, the group expands again.

I understand the thought behind this would be to always show the selected layer in an expanded hierarchy, but during my workflow it seems very counter-intuitive and different from the way I have been accustomed to expect adobe products to behave.

I would like to see this changed so when I have a layer selected within a group and I collapse the group and then hide it, the group stays collapsed with the group becoming the main selection instead of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Component states should behave like component copy instances. This includes interactions to be copied to all child states. This is essential, for example, for a menu component in which each state is the active status of each menu item. But when I create new state it loses all interactions. Maintaining 5 states with 5 menu items becomes tedious.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There are only few options in multiple or hover states. My request to add Shadows or other blending option in this multiple state. Thanks in Advance, keep the good work going :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The current zoom range for Design Specs goes up to 200%. For small items with intricate details or many parts, a larger max would be very helpful (800, 1600, etc.) for precise selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to be able to undock the layer manager from the main Adobe XD window like in Photoshop etc. That way i can have Adobe XD on one monitor and the layer manager on the other one.
    This would increase the productivity by a lot, because you dont have to switch between the components and layers, but can have them both open at once.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After I finish recording an interaction, I would like to have an option to export the video with the device around the video kinda like a container.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The November release is fantastic. But I noticed in the share UI the drop down says user testing. User testing implies you are testing the user. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. Usability testing is more accurate because you are testing the usability of the design. Would love to see the wording change and I bet I’m not the only one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Now that we are all loving the ability to add States to Components... My "component" box in the upper right is getting busy, and I'm having to scroll constantly! It looks like we have plenty of vertical space in the XD UI to allow this area to expand... either as needed (to a certain point of course!), or allow the user to drag this palette longer, similar to other CC apps.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Currently, when you copy text from Sketch and paste them in XD, the XD breaks the text into a bunch of random small text boxes instead of one text box (see attached image). We need all the text to be in one text box, not many small text boxes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Looking to implement a design system organization-wide. It would be nice to be able to access assets created in XD in other Adobe applications (InDesign). For example, incorporating into an InDesign Library, all the assets from the "master" XD design system (buttons, logos, sliders, etc.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)