Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component

Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component.

For example two taps. One triggering an overlay menu, and One moving down to anchor link on another part of the page (where the overlay is position to show)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. One of the things that you might want to consider is adding the interaction you’re looking for inside the component itself to change states through an entire component itself.

How would you want to determine between the two interactions (when to trigger an overlay vs. when to go to a different artboard) if you have both interactions defined?

2. Overlay via hover not possible?

I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Exported artboard having issue with blend modes

Today I exported an artboard which has numbers of design elements having blend modes (darken, overlay, multiply etc) applied against primary background colors. The exported image (PNG / JPEG) was not in intended color like it seemed in XD; it has complete different color. It's clear that blend mode is not working properly in produced image. It's driving me real crazy. I can't show my work to the client. He won't accept my work until the issue is fixed.

I've attached 2 versions of images for the reference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Message from Alex in the comments: Hello Ishwor, sorry to learn about your inconvenience.

I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue you’re describing, so I was wondering how you have brought the vector graphics into the design: did you import the entire design from another tool, or perhaps just the vector graphics? Any details on the process you’ve gone through while creating the design would help me and my team get to the bottom of this.

4. Copy and paste into illustrator from Adobe Xd

Please bring back this feature. Copying XD vector content to the clipboard and then paste it as fully editable layers into Adobe Illustrator was a super powerful and useful feature.

Sometimes I need to export elements that were created on Xd to illustrator for print or social media, and every time I do this, I have to use the CC libraries now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Overlay positioning below "fold"

I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold".

There are many instances of long, scrolling pages where a dropdown or tooltip needs to appear below the fold.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. double-click instead of ctrl/cmd+click to select nested layers in development link

I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but every time I hand off projects to developers I need to educate them that they must CTRL+CLICK to select layers that are behind a transparent object or inside the mask. For designers, CTRL+Click is obvious but not for developers.

Selecting nested layers should be assigned to the most commonly performed action by the users that try to do it and don't know how, which is "smashing that mouse button until it works". With that said, double-click s the way to go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Selecting groups

When you hover over a group and see the blue highlight, you should be allowed to click and select that group. This will make selecting things SO much easier!!

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. hide shortcut NEW

New hide shortcut: now is (windows) ctrl + §

I like more alt + §

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hide Overflow Options within Groups

(In Design Mode) I was trying to create a screen to simulate a sliding modal that goes off the screen. I moved the modal group within my container group half-outside the bounds of my container group, and wanted the overflow to be hidden. But there is no option, so I had to create a white square, without borders and place it near the bounds of my main group, above the overflow portion of the modal group.

Please tell me there's an easier way to hide the overflow of objects when they are outside the bounds of the parent group. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a couple of ways for you to do this. First, you can create a mask group to clip at a certain boundary:
    https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1303477916139839489?s=20

Mask groups can be auto-animated.

Alternatively, you can set your group to turn on scroll groups, which would also clip to a prescribed boundary. You can learn more about that feature here: https://youtu.be/UV4YKibuCKg

Please do let us know if this resolves your question, or if you’re trying to accomplish something else.

10. Paste and import images into pasteboard instead of Artboard

From my understanding a pasteboard collection contains any object created in the gray area outside any artboard. If that's the case then why can't I importan an image directly into the pasteboard and not the artboard itself? As far as what this would be used for, it could be used for stensil or an example of what you want to replicate as a set of arboards. Say you had a few hand-sketches, you scanned it and imported into XD and now you want to start building a hihger-fidelity wires.

Right now the moment I paste something or import something into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes, I did give you a workaround, and then asked you a question as to how you’d like it to work.

If you wanted XD to avoid visible artboards, what would you want it to do if you had a bunch of artboards in view? Would you want it to paste off screen? Or would you want it to resize to fit the pasteboard?

11. Scrolling is broken

I need to scroll for 15 minutes to reach the bottom of the image: wtf?? Don't you test your website in all common browsers and OS? Why isn't there standard scrollbars to use the website despite its bugs?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. complex interactions

So you can code things from simple 4-digit pins to creating mini video games right inside of xd. You can export as a JAVA or PYTHON file, but you don't have to actually write anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. social feed (all social media)

social feed (all social media)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab

Add option to Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab. for ex. if I wanted to open menu item in new tab / new browser window, I cant found any such feature in XD. that's the basic option to add. long live XD

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Run path operations on shapes grouped to bounding boxes.

Masked paths/shapes are revealed in js react. It would be nice to not have to do this manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Able to use prototype in web view

Like how we use Marvelapp or Invision to prototype the design properly without being put in shared view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Correction numbers are changing when resolved

When putting a comment to the state of 'resolved' the numbers on the file are changing. This can be very disturbing, when a collegue refers to a number.. Because that number has been changed.

It would be very nice, if the resolved items just greyed out or something but could still be visible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Zoom in on an asset when using filtered search

I opened an an icon library with 600 icons. I then tried to search for all icons with the word 'library' in them; 30 items cam back, but when clicked on one of the items, it was impossible to see the highlighting of the object because I needed to zoom out so much on the main artboardto see all of them.

It would be insanely helpful if you when using the filter search option, the items selected from the result set, say double-click would be zoomed in on the actual artboard, so the user does not spend minutes dragging the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom Illustrations

Want some personalized illustrations set by Adobe rather than others

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)