Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. overset text alert

It would be nice to have the same alert you get from Indesign regarding Overset text. Content is equally as important as design/prototyping in most projects so if there's no alert that indicates something's wrong before publishing a link for review, it just creates more room for error. The same reason applies to why it was needed in Indesign, really.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Responsive Artboard

XD currently pretty well handles responsive resizing of elements. Why not make it available for the whole artboard?

You would be able to set an artboard as responsive, so on preview/developer view, the artboard width can be changed and all elements placed on this artboard will be scaled up or down accordingly (including the grid - but to do this, there must be an option to define a grid with percentage values).

Placing elements on your artboard, you can also define their width as a percentage of the column width, or multiple column width.

You can also define breakpoints. Then…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CONVERT TO CODE

We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

4. 100% Preview in Prototype Mode

Very annoying that the Preview window is not at 100%.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. preserve scroll position for auto-animate

preserve scroll position for auto-animate - currently it works kinda broken/incorrectly from what wed want

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. image rotation in mask

There should be a way to rotate a photo inside a mask. Right now the whole mask rotates and not just the image. See example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Corey has the following message for you; please let us know if this addresses your concern.

Thanks for the feedback. In this instance you are correct, the shortcut mechanism for cropping an image fill doesn’t allow the image fill itself to be transformed independent of the shape.

You could instead use mask with shape. Drag the image to the canvas, mask with a rectangle, then drill down by double clicking into the mask group and rotate your image there.

7. Adjust artboard height from top of the artboard like in Sketch

If you have an artboard full with content and you want to add more content in near the top of the artboard, currently you can only increase the height of the artboard from the bottom.

It would be great if you could also adjust the artboard height from the top of the artboard. This would reduce the time it takes to rearrange the content within the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Select all colours used in the document

I would love the ability to be able to select all colours used / unused in the document (just like Illustrator) from the assets panel. Also would be awesome to do the same with character styles & symbols.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export artboard as high quality image(s)

This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fonts used, auto shown in Assets pane with ability to globally replace

Having a Font work like a colour asset where if changed in the asset pane the text that uses that font would change.

The Font Assets could update automatically since you are not likely to use lots of fonts. As with colours(in the assets pane) you could right click and select 'edit' to change the font and thus all the text within the document that uses that font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sessions With Adobe XD Customers

If Adobe could provide online sessions, or in their stores, with customers who use Adobe XD. To explain, many people aren't familiar with the tool and it takes a lot of practice. This occurs to me, and one of the big tech companies are already doing this, Apple. There is something called 'Today At Apple,' which includes loads of different sessions to help customers. (Link https://www.apple.com/today/) If Adobe XD could include this within the app on Mac or the phone app, it would be useful for it's customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. introduction to the hand tool currently present in Ps and Ai

In windows, when i work with numerous artboards! i am forced to zoom in and zoom out because of the absence of a HAND tool which is currently in photoshop and illustrator and is very essential for XD ! it would be great if u include it in your may update!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. paragraph styles missing lot of functionality

For me the paragraph styles have only little usability. Too many features are lacking. The system of InDesign is on my opinion the best practice

For example if I want to change the color, I want to see my all my saved colors in the dialog so I can choose them.

I can copy the color values but only in Hex. But the dialog speaks only RGB.

All functions should be available in the paragraph styles

Renaming should be possible in the dialog

When I choose a text I want to see which paragraph style is applied.

Indesign is really…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to share in adobe XD with other cloud spaces instead of Adobe Creative Cloud

Within adobe XD we would like to see a possibility to share with specific bitbucket repository or google drive storage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Access Shared for Review documents with XD mobile apps

Currently if you share a document using the Share for Review function the receiver can only see this document on a web browser. This has limitations, both on viewing experience (browser chrome gets in the way) and performance.

It would be great if the prototype could be seen directly inside the mobile XD apps instead, under the Shared with You section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Message from Arun:

While I see your point about browser chrome still present when viewing a prototype on mobile web browser, I am not sure I understood the issue with performance.

Can you elaborate more on why you felt the performance of viewing prototypes on mobile web is slower? Any specific examples that you can share will help us dig into this further and improve the experience.

On the viewing experience as well, we have recently made some improvements where-in maximum real estate is now used to show the prototype in its glory. Browser chrome on most browsers go away after some time allowing you to see the full height prototype. Please give this a try and let us know your feedback. I am eager to hear more from you.

16. Sometimes we can select the animation type sometimes it appears greyed out

It's not even about artboards being the same size. It works with different size artboards also. Why it doesn't work sometimes seems arbitrary

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! There are some triggers (like time and voice) that are only applicable to artboards, and not objects themselves. There are other animation types that are only applicable to one and the other. Does that help explain things? Or are you looking for something else?

17. Dim background (set tint + alpha) behind overlay

Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Noun Project App to work with XD

When dragging icons from Noun Project App into XD there is an issue with XD not recognizing SVG's. The SVG icon is only recognized as a png element? When doing the same in other programs (illustrator or photoshop) or in your competition Sketch this is not a problem! Currently, the workaround is to drag from noun project into Illustrator and then copy into XD but obviously annoying.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Transpose repeat grids when using responsive resize

When using the responive resize function on artboards that use a Repeat Grid of images and text, it would be great if there was a button that allowed horizontal repeat grids to become vertical.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Baseline shift

I sometimes need to adjust the position of the trademark or register trademark icons in my screens, after changing the size, but I cannot because there is no baseline shift.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base