Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Would love to see a feature to helps create a coded design system for asset management and seamless developer handoff. Thanks!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. There is nothing worse than people flicking through your interactive wireframes as if they were looking at a PDF or PowerPoint presentation. I see this all the time where people forgot to INTERACT with the wireframes and just press the arrow keys on their keyboard to navigate.

It's imperative when sharing interactive wireframes that people shift their mindset to that of a user, and use the built navigation.

Please can you add some option to disable "navigation" using the cursor keys. Having this feature on a fully wired prototype goes against the very point of creating interactive wireframes.

Thanks.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please look at this XD "Design Specs" file:
    https://xd.adobe.com/spec/37ccb941-8fd4-4a7f-6223-499948dc3fcb-41fd/

The "L" shaped elements (colored RED and FUCHSIA in the file) cover and prevent the selection of and identification of the specs, of everything below them. Even though these "L" shaped elements are not closed shapes they cover everything below them (BTW, it's the same when there is a surrounding border that is above everything else, layer wise).

Please, this must be corrected.

The attached file was "Exported" to PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently, holding down the alt key (Windows) shows measurements between objects much like how Sketch works. The problem though is that I can't hold both the alt key down and move an object at the same time. I typically used to like to measure distances while moving objects in Sketch, but I don't see this possibility in XD. Right now I have to measure with the alt hotkey and then move, stop, remeasure etc. I'd enjoy being able to both at the same time like Sketch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Because InDesign is such a powerful layout tool, it's textframe options are very helpful in typography (rightclick textframe > textframe options). It allows you to adjust padding inside of the text frame by the unit as well as vertical alignement.

I know there are other requests for these items separately but I believe XD is capable of having text frames similar to that of InDesign and these would belong together.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The ability to stack animation transition types. For example: I would like to be able to have a slide transition with a dissolve on it as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make XD Images like InDesign.

Please make the way XD manipulates and imports images exactly like InDesign. With easy resizing, cropping, and layer properties like (hard light, etc).

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As an added feature, similar to what Avacode and Sympli provide, it would be nice to display the layers panel in design spec mode. The user can select a layer and it will highlight in the document art board.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Asset names and text boxes should become editable when the F2 key is pressed since F2 is universally known as the 'edit' key. It allows for a more efficient workflow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• draw a rectangle
    • adjust the round of corner
    • adjust width & height to fit the parent shape

- drop an vertical image into the rectangle (all good)

• select the group, rotate 90degree
    • copy the group of shapes (including parents shapes and the rect inside)
    • paste
    • try to drop a new vertical image into the rectangle (NOK) (we will find the image is rotated, as the new group is created with 'rotation info' inherited from the original one.)

can we have 'paste as new'?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I paste a link into Slack, I'd like to see a Live Preview of my prototype.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Problem: I cannot tell clients or partners to check screen X because everytime I update my XD files with new screens that are not at the end the pages on the bottom (x of total) change. So a screen on page 45 may become 46.

Solution: Either add a new (fixed for ever) page number at the end or provide sperate (viewable IDs, probably together with the artboard's title).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If I want to use auto animate to have an object/group move onto the screen from off of it (or vice versa), I have to group it with an invisible object that stays on the screen so that XD knows the object/group is a part of that artboard when it is off-screen. I could be totally missing a way around this but I can't find anything about it online. If there was a way to assign an object to an artboard even if it isn't touching said artboard, that would fix this problem.

Essentially this makes adding new animations a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support variables like {{userName}}

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Features like preserve scroll position and fixed elements only work with the viewport set on the artboards in XD at the moment, and not any scrolling added by the prototype viewer in the browser. I would like it to be activated also when scrolling is added by the prototype viewer in the browser.

Please see this prototype for the problem: https://xd.adobe.com/view/267a66a3-c9fa-45f6-6997-0aa455e7b854-504b/?fullscreen&hints=off

Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Align to pixel grid does not work on some vector elements.

The option works for some elements, but some others refuse to snap to grid/resize when using this option.

When i resize these resistant vectors to have no decimal point and use "align to pixel grid" it will change the H/W and X/Y to have decimal points once again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It gets a little crazy when there are a lot of objects and a lot of groups. It would be really cool if you could drag down through the lock/visibility icons like you could in Photoshop or Illustrator to very quickly show/hide or lock/unlock a series of items instead of having to keep creating deeper and deeper groups.

Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Request options in a popin before export to AE :
    - Make folders as comp > checkbox
    - Make symbols as comp > chekbox
    - Export hidden layers > checkbox
    - Export locked layers > checkbox
    - Export grid as guide > checkbox

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. As a user who works with design systems and color palettes often, it would speed up my workflow considerably, if I could select a color swatch directly without opening the color palette.
    A quick selector that openes on hover and shows the swatches could be a nice solution.
    Or color shortcuts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)