Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When sharing a link for review with a client, often there's not much need for a high security password, but it's still good practice to include a password, especially for client confidence. It would be helpful to be able to create a password that didn't require numbers & upper and lower case letters. Disabling the "high security" password requirement could be an opt-in option so the default would still be secure. This would allow you to create a password like "<name of your business>" that would be sufficient for this use case, and easy for the client to remember.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. XD should be able to replicate CSS.

white-space: nowrap;

...is not reproducible on XD currently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I often have to rename an element on the fly so it's not messing up the animations. To do this now I have to go and switch the left pane from the Assets pane to Layers and find my element and right click rename then switch it back to Assets because that's what I use most.

Clicking on an element and see its properties I should be able to quickly rename it ) and always see its name.

In addition to the name you could show if it's a group and even how many objects are within the group. If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I realize XD has a "Zoom to Selection" command (Cmd-3 on Mac), but it would be better if the default behavior for zoom (Cmd-plus) would center the zoom view on a selected object, just like InDesign and Illustrator do.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When the user wants to record the prototype that has voice trigger and voice action speech playback, when saving to mp4 video, it will also include the voice or the speech on the video.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hide an overlay when published as prototype (only in list of artboards)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I run into needing to share screen #3, #14, #34 with a stakeholder to use within a presentation, think powerpoint. I have to manually export these screen fo each round of changes. I would like to publish for review only SAID screen numbers where the end user can comment OR DOWNLOAD a png or pdf of the most up to day version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to line up text of different sizes not in the same point text frame on the baseline rather than have the text align to the supposed bounding box. Illustrator does it right. See the screenshots attached to see what the difference is. Browsers align to the text baseline, so XD should handle it the same way without me needing to draw a line to do it. It’s a waste of time.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow quickly getting the link of a particular artboard so I don't need to find the exact link in the browser since I have lots of artboards in my big projects and would like not to spend 5 minutes everytime I make a new update of the project.

I often want to guide the client to a specific area of a project and a Copy Link button would be more than welcome. (in the right click context menu)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would really like to have an option so that the resolve button is not visible or clickable.
    I use the “share for development feature” to give students extra help, but if they mistakenly click resolve, the help is gone, and then other students would not be able to get the help, so it would be nice to make the, resolve the button not visible or clickable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Selection of 'Previous Artboard' option should've been under the destination section and not in the action section of the prototype menu.

Logically Previous Artboard is a destination and not an action.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. To work faster, we should have a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off the responsive resize mode. It's a small update but it will be handy I believe.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. While working developers where not able to get information on size of text or color in a boxed text which had a different size and color ontop then the bottom part. Is there a way where probably a developer would be able to highlight text in a targeted area to get character style and color?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Like the title says, i would like to use the layout and pixel grid at the same time to get the maximum out of it. For example when you have a 8px soft grid and want to find your layout grid you have to switch between these.

When both are active than they just overlay (maybe with pixelgrid beeing in the bg).

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The title really says what I’m looking for. Recently completed features that I thought were getting close to solving this include:
    - Keep symbols as symbols when pasting between documents: DONE.
    - Name symbols: DONE.

But-- what I'm looking for is the ability to paste symbols between XD documents without the symbol being duplicated. I'd like it to detect that the new document already has a symbol with the same name as the one being pasted in, and prompt me, letting me choose between:
    1) Use symbol in current document
    2) Replace symbol in this document with the one being…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• It would be cool to have shortcuts to increase/decrease the width of elements. In Sketch you can press (cmd+left/right bracket) to do this.
    • A shortcut to rename layers would also be really helpful.
    • It would also be great to have the ability to select a layer and move it without accidentally touching other layers. In sketch you can also do this by pressing alt+cmd.

Thank you! :)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I create a symbol, XD current adds a symbol, but it does not set keyboard focus to that symbol's name.

This means that I have to move my mouse over to the Symbol section of the Assets panel, double-click that symbol and then type the name. This is a pain, particularly when creating a lot of symbols.

Instead, when I press Ctrl+K and a new symbol is created, I would like the field to be opened for renaming and my keyboard focus to be set to there. The same thing should happen if I create a symbol in another…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  17. Current Situation:

When I share link with client, it open in mobile browser. so client need to scroll down to view each an every pages. Scrolling device screen size screens is very bad and it required more focus on it to search information and accessibility.

Suggested improvement:

If you allow XD App to preview link in FULLSCREEN MODE on mobile device by default than it would be great experience to preview prototype as real app demo.

All other tools provide such function. Please update asap.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be nice if I leave my desk and just to be safe there should be a lock button on top right corner with the other tools that will not let anyone by accident click my mouse and move anything by accident be in positioning of art-board or assets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fantastic features: Overlays, and Fixed elements
    Here are a few improvements I'd like to see.

• Overlays support Fixed headers and Footers, scrolling content.... But now the drop shadows can't be used on the elements because they get cut off. Allow the overlay to be shadowed, or allow the shadows to bleed out from the overlay contents.

OLD
    - Scroll Underlying content: I'd like to have a left panel come sliding in, and still be able to scroll the underlying page. Example: Toolbar slides in, scroll the content of the page.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)