Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Give the ability to move the screen in the direction of your mouse (from center of screen) if zoomed in too far while dragging a screen-link line.

If a user is zoomed in too far and wants to make a connection. They should be able to drag the line in any direction and when they reach the end of the screen, the background should move with them (a la pen tool in Illustrator [and many others])

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our April release this morning, we’ve introduced Boolean groups to the platform! To update, check your Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don’t see it, click on the gear in the CC Desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

3. Adobe XD version 0.6.34.3 Beta on macOS Sierra 10.12.5

.xd files that are saved in Creative Cloud don't get versioning. The tab "Activity" is missing completely. Other file types (like .psd) are working fine.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When previewing prototype need to be able to maintain page scroll position between screens to support interaction and animation behaviours (in Preview).

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It is super important to live view your design as you work.

403 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that you can now preview, in real time, your #AdobeXD designs and prototypes, on iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) or Android phones (Android tablet support will land soon). Make changes to your design and see it reflected on all the devices you have connected. Add wires to your prototype and play with it to polish the experience, all within the same workflow.

View all the details here (blog post and video): https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/september-update-of-adobe-experience-design-cc-preview

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.
    Be part of XD’s journey on mobile devices, this is just the beginning.

Really looking forward to hearing your feedback!

6. It's very annoying anytime I copy/paste an item within a group or not, that it pastes it into the top of that group in my panel. Instead of right above the item I have selected. If I want to clean up my panel I have to constantly move my items down where I want them after pasting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. it's pretty self-explanatory.. you can give feedback by commenting and making annotations on the prototype, if someone posts something you get an email with a summarium of all the feedback or you get notified via creative cloud.. there could be settings where you want to be notified and if instantly or like 1 hour later!

this is valuable to me because it makes the communication easier, which otherwise would lead to tons of emails going back and forth.

338 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our November release, you can now add comments to shared prototypes! Comments are contextual to the artboard. Please check it out and let us know what you think. Feature improvements should be suggested as new ideas in UserVoice.

Thanks!

-Elaine

8. The best animation tool... gotta communicate with AE like PS

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce that with version 13 you can export your designs from XD to After Effects. Layers, artboards, symbols, groups and artwork are transferred as editable and with great visual fidelity.

Here’s how it works:
    1. In XD, select the layers or artboards you want to animate in After Effects.
    2. Go to: File> Export > After Effects. If After Effects is not installed on your machine, this option is greyed out. You can also use the ⌥⌘F (Mac), or Ctrl+Alt+F (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
    3. The selected layers or artboards are added as native shapes, texts, assets, and nested compositions in your AE project.

Here’s the list with what’s supported and not supported at this time: https://helpx.adobe.com/ro/xd/kb/open-after-effects-files-in-xd.html

Thanks for voting this feature and let us know how it works!

Best,
    Dan Tuhoarca

9. I'd like to be able to export my assets and artboards to PDF.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now export to PDF in the Windows version of Adobe XD. To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

10. Crossed out text feature needed for pricing purposes

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great to have a 'sketch' UI toolkit (similar visually to Balsamiq), to allow for creating a wireframe with a focus on the content and workflows, rather than on execution of design and style (or the ability to toggle between the 2).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I just started a new real design project with XD but I noticed that I can't import any vector. Is this a bug or missing feature? I tried coping from photoshop, illustrator, using the import function and draging from windows explorer, but nothing works.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. NOTE: originally this request asked for the ability to override many different styles, not just images and text. If you want to override other styles, please upvote:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19626142-override-styles-in-a-symbol

You may also be interested in these related requests:
    - Override entire nested symbols: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbols-override
    - Multiple swappable states inside one symbol: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13031871-add-multiple-states-inside-symbols
    - Resizable symbols: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16939339-scale-resize-symbols-individually

Balsamic Symbol :
    Any group of elements than can be named and re-used across multiple artboards.
    Modifications to the symbol are reflected across all artboards that use the symbol.
    It gets better - you can override part of the symbol - text / color /…

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Symbol overrides are now available! Download the June release of XD today to get access to bitmap and text overrides (as well as the Apply command, which will apply your changes from the selected symbol to all other symbols).

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

14. This pricing options look disproportionately to me... Adobe XD is on the same level as Photoshop and Lightroom combined? Nevertheless I will buy Adobe XD, because I startet a lot of projects with the beta and don't want them to be not finished...
    Maybe there is a way to get any discount when using Photoshop and XD togehter? Would be nice...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. I really miss the (l) colorpipette/colorpicker shortcut. Because I now have too much (mouse/pen)movement to the right panel, in stead of doing all with shortcuts... This and more shortcuts from photoshop/illustrator like (z) for zoom.

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spell check please! Much needed for someone who sometimes glances over simple spelling errors

325 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use spell check in the September release of XD! If you can’t see the update, select … from the Creative Cloud desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have additional suggestions for this feature, please file a separate request!

17. I would like for there to be a way to display all available screens in the prototype. Currently the web view is good for presenting but not good for users who are not clear on what the flow is. Providing a way to jump around these screens would be incredibly helpful.

217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I can't find this exact feature request so I thought I would request it here. Is it possible to build XD so that any Adobe Illustrator artwork can be pasted into it?

Photoshop has this ability so I'm continuing to use Photoshop for app design, however, Sketch has some nice features over Photoshop but it's inability to accept even the most simple compound shapes from Illustrator make it virtually unusable for serious design. If preventing users from switching permanently to Sketch is on Adobe's radar, I think y'all should get Illustrator objects compatibility going. It'll be the clincher to ensure…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this one, as we have improved in December and with the latest release the copy and paste workflow between XD and Illustrator.

If there are specific things missing, let us know in comments or in a separate request.

Best,
    Dan

19. Allow users to add a gradient to a shape instead of just fills.

When importing a shape with a gradient from illustrator it currently makes the shape invisible…

393 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 349 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the launch of the Padding feature in XD 26, you can add padding to a group. This controls the background of the group, or if it has no background it adds safe-space to the object.

That safe-space translates over as a hotspot in prototype mode, enabling you to interact with areas that are larger than the visible shape.

Learn more about the new padding feature here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/set-fixed-padding-for-components-groups.html