Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag in multiple directions

Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

557 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

65 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow components event to change states of other components

New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

400 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 236 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scrollable action to another artboard anchor

I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hover Inside Hover (nested hovers)

hovering "settings option" which list the settings and while hovering those options I need another list

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-progress  ·  32 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component

Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component.

For example two taps. One triggering an overlay menu, and One moving down to anchor link on another part of the page (where the overlay is position to show)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. One of the things that you might want to consider is adding the interaction you’re looking for inside the component itself to change states through an entire component itself.

How would you want to determine between the two interactions (when to trigger an overlay vs. when to go to a different artboard) if you have both interactions defined?

7. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hover triggers to ALL elements to trigger artboard navigations; not just state changes

Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop fixed position scrolling at a certain point

The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stack actions within a single interaction (multiple, cascading, ordered)

Let's say you're designing a switch, and you want to hint to the user that it can toggle with a tap, so you want it to bounce gently when hovered over. It would be great to be able to auto-animate to a different state, then immediately auto-animate back to the previous state upon completion of the first action.

The ability to stack actions would allow for complex interactions with the least amount of user interaction.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Component states to inherit interactions from master default state

Component states should behave like component copy instances. This includes interactions to be copied to all child states. This is essential, for example, for a menu component in which each state is the active status of each menu item. But when I create new state it loses all interactions. Maintaining 5 states with 5 menu items becomes tedious.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom/non square hit area

Right now, bounding boxes are always rectangular, with the height of the tallest object it contains and the width of the widest one.

However, many times it is necessary for the box to maintain the exact same shape as the objects it contains, in order to only activate effects such as hover when the mouse is directly on top.

Consider the attached files. Here we have 3 tabs. I would like to make them "jump" up slightly on hover so users can tell it is clickable. The tabs do not overlap, but because the bounding box is rectangular, the active…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Overlay via hover not possible?

I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Trigger speech playback based on hover

In "component (main)", the speech playback action is linked only to the "tap" trigger.

We were unable to use the speech playback linked to hover interaction, as this would help in prototypes to test with blind people.

The "talkback" tools used by blind people do not reproduce the prototypes, so we were unable to test solutions created for these users without developing the application.

So it would be extremely necessary for the prototype to be able to reproduce the elements by hovering the mouse under the screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More default component states (on-click, on-tap, on-mousedown, visited, on-focus)

FINALLY there's a hover state on components! GREAT!

However I quickly ran into a limitation. When the user touches a button or clicks it with the mouse/trackpad, the button needs an "on tap" or "on click" state that very briefly changes a button's appearance to give the visual feedback "your click or touch was detected".

So now that you have HOVER please add ON CLICK/TAP ort whatever you want to cal it.

Basically the component state changes for a definable amount of time before the destination or next state is triggered.

While you're at it, how's about looking at some…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Long press trigger

It would be great to have a long press/touch gesture. Since both Android and iOS have it available, it's an interaction that is getting more use recently.

If it comes with a new State for the component it would be even better!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Complex interactions builder - Mouse, Scroll and infinite animations

It can be great to be able to prototype complex animations and interactions. It can help us create more concrete prototypes with mouse and scroll animations or also infinite loop animations.

Detail of the idea in this article : https://uxplanet.org/the-killer-feature-im-waiting-for-in-our-modern-design-tools-87c3a5d3c4b3

Summary of the idea :
    A 3 step process which allow you an infinity of possibilities by customizing each property with a math formula. We add syntax highlighting to help designers differentiate dynamic properties, static properties and constants or math functions.
    Then, AdobeXD previewer will “just” have to recalculate and update these properties at a 60 Hz frequency to make…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Windows] Horizontal Scroll not working on windows at View Prototype Mode

Ive tried the new features its cool. But Horizontal Scroll doesnt work on windows where you in preview mode. However, when generate links, it works well browing using the links

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy component between files without linking, or unlink without ungrouping component, so that states are not lost

Currently when you copy a component from one file to another it is a linked component. If you unlink the component, not only is it unlinked, but it is also ungrouped and no longer a component at all. Any additional states you had set up are lost.

Sometimes I don't want to use linked master components from a design system but just want to create a new local master component, similar to one in another file but then make some changes. I'd like to just copy the component over, with all it's states, not linked and make my tweaks to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. keep audio from stopping when a new artboard pops up.

basically, when i tap the play button on a music app i'm prototyping, if i happen to tap another button or click onto another artbord, it will stop the audio. there should be a way to pause and play the audio. that would be very helpful. thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base