Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Time trigger for scroll animation

Auto-page scroll is often needed feature to trigger on artboard/page-load. Currently I can mimic this effect by making 2 artboards, moving a group up (or down) on the scroll position and use auto-animate artboard-to-artboard.
    Example:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/9182ed42-11c0-45ff-a10f-e343424fbd97-c4d1/

Here on the second board, user should be able to scroll back up the content group (which mimicked auto-scroll down using auto-animate) yet, XD does not support scrolling content positioned above an artboard. Ideal XD-feature should allow to set an auto-scroll for layers (perhaps to a certain Y-position) and let user to scroll back while displaying a scroll-bar.

371 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drag in multiple directions

Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

708 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow components event to change states of other components

New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

644 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scrollable action to another artboard anchor

I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 376 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop fixed position scrolling at a certain point

The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component

Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component.

For example two taps. One triggering an overlay menu, and One moving down to anchor link on another part of the page (where the overlay is position to show)

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. One of the things that you might want to consider is adding the interaction you’re looking for inside the component itself to change states through an entire component itself.

How would you want to determine between the two interactions (when to trigger an overlay vs. when to go to a different artboard) if you have both interactions defined?

9. Allow vertical resizing of the component menu on the right panel

I use a lot of states on some components. Please allow me to resize the "Component (Instance)" module on the right side of the screen by dragging the horizontal divider down. I have so much unused space on the right, but my component states are limited to a fixed area that requires me to constantly scroll to find the state I need and really slows me down.

The area is a little bigger in Design Mode, but I would like to be able to resize it there, too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to update selected artboards rather the updating the entire prototype

most of my project are huge and heavy, not less than 200 artboard

I would like the ability to update certain or specific artboards on the link rather than uploading all the link again

that's time-consuming.

plus some times I would like to share specific changes done with my manager while other changes are still under going-which I don't want my manager to see yet

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support secondary hover states for multiple menu depths

I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow nested components to trigger parent component states

Currently, a nested components cannot trigger a component state. You would have to ungroup it, so that it is no longer a component in order to be able to target a component state.

eg. I have a card component which has multiple states. Inside the default state, I have a button (which is a component). When I select to Tap that button component, I do not have the option to target the other states of that component. It only displays artboards as potential targets.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Custom/non square hit area

Right now, bounding boxes are always rectangular, with the height of the tallest object it contains and the width of the widest one.

However, many times it is necessary for the box to maintain the exact same shape as the objects it contains, in order to only activate effects such as hover when the mouse is directly on top.

Consider the attached files. Here we have 3 tabs. I would like to make them "jump" up slightly on hover so users can tell it is clickable. The tabs do not overlap, but because the bounding box is rectangular, the active…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change Hover state default parameters

When I create a new Hover State, by default adobe XD create a new hover interaction with default parameters :
    - Auto Animate
    - Ease-Out
    - 0,3 seconds

I never use this config. I always need this config for hover:
    - Type : Transition
    - Animation : None

It's very annoying because I have to reset all my Hover interaction every time. Is there a way of modifying these settings by default ? Every time I create an Hover state, i would like to have a transition without any animation by default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integration of alt text for visual elements in prototypes

Blind and severely visually impaired people are largely dependent on the use of screen readers to receive digital content.

For user testing, the integration of so-called alternative texts plays an important role.
    Adobe XD offers voice playback as an interaction element, but the input of an alternative text, which is analyzed by the screen reader, is not possible from the current point of view.
    I would like to draw attention to this problem, because
    A) due to the legal situation in Europe, private companies are obliged to design their applications accessible until 2025. Here, feedback from the target group, including…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hover triggers to ALL elements to trigger artboard navigations; not just state changes

Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Long press trigger

It would be great to have a long press/touch gesture. Since both Android and iOS have it available, it's an interaction that is getting more use recently.

If it comes with a new State for the component it would be even better!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Scroll trigger to another artboard

add the option to go to another artboard when scrolling, (as it happens with drag on mobile prototyping) on the presentation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple timed interactions

Allow for art-boards to have two timed transition elements, so that a timed sequence can occur

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base