Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Time trigger for scroll animation

Auto-page scroll is often needed feature to trigger on artboard/page-load. Currently I can mimic this effect by making 2 artboards, moving a group up (or down) on the scroll position and use auto-animate artboard-to-artboard.
    Example:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/9182ed42-11c0-45ff-a10f-e343424fbd97-c4d1/

Here on the second board, user should be able to scroll back up the content group (which mimicked auto-scroll down using auto-animate) yet, XD does not support scrolling content positioned above an artboard. Ideal XD-feature should allow to set an auto-scroll for layers (perhaps to a certain Y-position) and let user to scroll back while displaying a scroll-bar.

397 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drag in multiple directions

Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

761 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow components event to change states of other components

New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

755 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scrollable action to another artboard anchor

I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow nested components to trigger parent component states

Currently, a nested components cannot trigger a component state. You would have to ungroup it, so that it is no longer a component in order to be able to target a component state.

eg. I have a card component which has multiple states. Inside the default state, I have a button (which is a component). When I select to Tap that button component, I do not have the option to target the other states of that component. It only displays artboards as potential targets.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display total number of artboards created

There used to be a way where I could see a total number of artboards that I've created, but since the latest update (or two) I can no longer find out how many artboards are in my flow. I have over 250 and I'd prefer not to have to count them all. Has it been moved somewhere else perhaps? It was very useful. Cheers. Great product by the way. Amazing, really. It's a joy to use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Interact with objects on different artboards

In prototyping I need to be able to have an interaction transition not just between artboards but to a specific object on a different artboard. For instance prototyping a light box pop up, it needs to be able to be closed and take me back to the button I clicked to open it. This is a really common style of interaction. There are workarounds but they reduce the "realness" of the prototype when presenting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scroll Interaction

I would love to be able to demonstrate to clients how their huge, branded header turns into a micro-header after scrolling.

A simple scroll trigger, based on how far a user has scrolled, that could tell an element to Auto-Animate into place would be amazing. It could be a similar UI to the Viewport cut off line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scroll Interaction

I would love to be able to demonstrate to clients how their huge, branded header turns into a micro-header after scrolling.

A simple scroll trigger, based on how far a user has scrolled, that could tell an element to Auto-Animate into place would be amazing. It could be a similar UI to the Viewport cut off line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show Keyboard Interactions on Desktop Preview

It would be useful to show the keyboard interactions whilst in 'Desktop Preview' mode. Just as a cursor is shown whilst recording, to indicate where a user has clicked to progress through a prototype, when keyboard actions or shortcuts are used to navigate it would great to have the option of displaying them on screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Prototype movies have rounded corners at the bottom

The prototype movies force a rounded corner at the bottom making the video unusable. This should be exactly as the prototype with square corners on all sides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Figma features

incorporate the prototyping tools that sigma uses

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to preserve scroll position between transitions within a scroll group

This would solve a problem I'm currently having with Adobe XD. I'm unable to create a transition that would preserve the scroll position within a scroll group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Interactions based on game controller trigger combinations

I use XD almost every day for wireframing and prototyping game interfaces for both mobile, PC, and console games. For mobile and PC games I'm pretty happy with the current feature set but I feel like there are a few improvements that would really help those doing UX for console games. Here are a few points, in particular, I'd love to see improved.

1) 'Combination' Trigger type for Interactions
    For interfaces in games you quite often need to press a combination of keys, buttons, or key + click to open menus. It would be great if you could set an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. I’ll change the title of this one to cover the combination trigger, and I encourage you to file the others as separate tickets.

18. Stop fixed position scrolling at a certain point

The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show prototype links of child component states

In prototype mode, I click through artboards to inspect the inbound and outbound connections. If I set a transition from a component's child state, the only way to see that connection is to activate the state. I would be extremely helpful (esp in large prototypes) if there were some indication of the child state link from the default state.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bind controller layouts

Ofter when creating a prototype for console games, we need to set all the keys for EACH controller model, the prototype easily becomes a monster.
    What I propose is a tool where the designer can set the key equivalences for all controllers that work on adobe XD. In a way that if I set B on xbox one controller, I can set in a sheet, that we would have same behaviour on circle for play station 4/5, set the keys for xbox X, etc. This would be extremely helpful. I am sending you one picture of a feature prototype, that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base