Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Blind and severely visually impaired people are largely dependent on the use of screen readers to receive digital content.

For user testing, the integration of so-called alternative texts plays an important role.
    Adobe XD offers voice playback as an interaction element, but the input of an alternative text, which is analyzed by the screen reader, is not possible from the current point of view.
    I would like to draw attention to this problem, because
    A) due to the legal situation in Europe, private companies are obliged to design their applications accessible until 2025. Here, feedback from the target group, including…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. As a user, when using Desktop Preview, I would like to go back to the beginning of a flow. Please allow Command-Return, just like what is used to start Desktop Preview, to return the user to the beginning of a flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be great to have a long press/touch gesture. Since both Android and iOS have it available, it's an interaction that is getting more use recently.

If it comes with a new State for the component it would be even better!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have a way to view all of the Prototypes created for the file you're in (keep it contextual) and a list of all of the URLs. Ability to edit the names, delete protos, etc - manage the availability all from w/in XD. I know some of this is available, but it's not very user-friendly as it stands. It's all buried and not managed together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Be able to search for elements both based on art-board and whole document
    then select those elements and apply copied interactions and animation effects and settings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please make that if I copy paste interactions it will paste animation settings as well, not only the art-board and wire connection

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hey everybody,

i use the Layers structure heavily with the super cool stacking feature to have clean and consistent spacing in between all my elements. But if i create all these folders i can't select folders that are in folders with the "Scroll To" Action.

Please let us access the whole Folder structure in prototype mode to use both features in combination.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Right now, bounding boxes are always rectangular, with the height of the tallest object it contains and the width of the widest one.

However, many times it is necessary for the box to maintain the exact same shape as the objects it contains, in order to only activate effects such as hover when the mouse is directly on top.

Consider the attached files. Here we have 3 tabs. I would like to make them "jump" up slightly on hover so users can tell it is clickable. The tabs do not overlap, but because the bounding box is rectangular, the active…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello,
    When you are creating an overlay it could be for different reasons. One of them is to create a menu for a combobox perhaps. In this cas it could be interessant to be able to say : "this overlay is a child of this element on my design".

Why ?
    Because then it's possible to give a behavior to this menu : to appear above, bellow, one the right or on the left of this parent element. Or may be to have an automatic choice made by the system depending on you scroll and the space avalaible to show…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I think this something that component states will help you with and not overlays per se, as overlays are defined in relationship to the artboard viewport, not an element on it. However, you do have a good point about choosing the directionality based on its location on the artboard. I’ll edit the title to reflect that request.

10. Hello community

I will be as clear as possible. My team and I have been working for a while for a large project, FB / Lin equivalent. Another team in my office is working on another smaller project.

The problem is that we get notifications on the same notification panel for every project. So if I open notify, panel and look for the comments not tied to my project, the PL won't see them and vice versa.

So the question is, is there a possibility that each project has its own notification list?

Also it is annoying that if I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for audio playback to be enabled for timed transitions as these can only be inputted for tap interactions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Component states should behave like component copy instances. This includes interactions to be copied to all child states. This is essential, for example, for a menu component in which each state is the active status of each menu item. But when I create new state it loses all interactions. Maintaining 5 states with 5 menu items becomes tedious.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'd like to see an option in Prototype mode where i can choose to animate text a little easier. There will be new options where you can choose which text animation you want and also which interval time that should be used

The text animations i'd like to see in that dropdown menu are:

• As whole (default)
      This is how it is now.

• Per paragraph
      Animate the text by paragraph.

• Per line
      Animate the text by line.

• Per word
      Animate the text by word.

• Per letter
      Animate the text by letter.

For each option could be considered to have an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let's say you're designing a switch, and you want to hint to the user that it can toggle with a tap, so you want it to bounce gently when hovered over. It would be great to be able to auto-animate to a different state, then immediately auto-animate back to the previous state upon completion of the first action.

The ability to stack actions would allow for complex interactions with the least amount of user interaction.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please remove, or add option to remove, the animation from Hover state back to default when a Tap trigger is attached to a component that is in Hover state.

This animation is unnecessary when navigating to another artboard and can cause all manner of irritation if the artboard to which one is navigating shows the component intentionally in hover state.

Example:
    - An image control has a hover state
    - When in that hover state, the user can click to cause an action.
    - The action is simulated by a navigation to another artboard
    - In the destination artboard, we…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Right now, the creation of a carousel or 'choose one item' list requires you to have a different COPY of your artboard for each possible iteration of that carousel/list. If you want to showcase 3 multi-artboard interactions in a mockup (if each carousel has 5 images, you need to copy your artboar 125 times, just to show that, without any other bells and whistles).
    In contrast, if you could have an artboard group that is JUST the possible states for 1 carousel, then group those artboards into a single component. Then you only need 1 main artboard (for your app/webpage)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. while building a prototype when connecting two artboards allow the option to choose the state for the components on the destination artboard

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)