Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to preserve scroll position between transitions within a scroll group

This would solve a problem I'm currently having with Adobe XD. I'm unable to create a transition that would preserve the scroll position within a scroll group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Stop fixed position scrolling at a certain point

The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show prototype links of child component states

In prototype mode, I click through artboards to inspect the inbound and outbound connections. If I set a transition from a component's child state, the only way to see that connection is to activate the state. I would be extremely helpful (esp in large prototypes) if there were some indication of the child state link from the default state.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bind controller layouts

Ofter when creating a prototype for console games, we need to set all the keys for EACH controller model, the prototype easily becomes a monster.
    What I propose is a tool where the designer can set the key equivalences for all controllers that work on adobe XD. In a way that if I set B on xbox one controller, I can set in a sheet, that we would have same behaviour on circle for play station 4/5, set the keys for xbox X, etc. This would be extremely helpful. I am sending you one picture of a feature prototype, that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to update selected artboards rather the updating the entire prototype

most of my project are huge and heavy, not less than 200 artboard

I would like the ability to update certain or specific artboards on the link rather than uploading all the link again

that's time-consuming.

plus some times I would like to share specific changes done with my manager while other changes are still under going-which I don't want my manager to see yet

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Return to home artboard while in desktop preview

As a user, when using Desktop Preview, I would like to go back to the beginning of a flow. Please allow Command-Return, just like what is used to start Desktop Preview, to return the user to the beginning of a flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Roll-off state

Hi, I raised this is the XD Adobe Community and I was recommended to post it here:
    I love XD. Please could you facilitate mouse 'roll off'' events/states/triggers whatever you want to call them, to hover states. I just want a hover animation to play, then when the mouse 'rolls off' the hotspot, the hover state remains the same rather than return to the default state. If I remember correctly this is something from the old Flash days, it's even in InDesign! Please can you get it in XD? There isn't a workaround either and creating multiple artboards is just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Transition between overlays

The idea is quite simple and it exists already in Figma. When you have a dialog displayed as an overlay, it often changes its content as the user interacts with it (I don't want to create a component for that - it shouldn't be the purpose of the component feature and it makes the component panel messy.) So when creating a link between 2 states of an overlay, I would like to have an option to switch the overlays.

Then It would be awesome if the option "close overlay" would close the overlay (the "previous artboard" is not helpful here).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Manage all web links for current document within XD

Have a way to view all of the Prototypes created for the file you're in (keep it contextual) and a list of all of the URLs. Ability to edit the names, delete protos, etc - manage the availability all from w/in XD. I know some of this is available, but it's not very user-friendly as it stands. It's all buried and not managed together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. search layers/elements and paste interaction and effects selecting the layers

Be able to search for elements both based on art-board and whole document
    then select those elements and apply copied interactions and animation effects and settings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy paste effects, animations prototype not only wire directions

Please make that if I copy paste interactions it will paste animation settings as well, not only the art-board and wire connection

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change Hover state default parameters

When I create a new Hover State, by default adobe XD create a new hover interaction with default parameters :
    - Auto Animate
    - Ease-Out
    - 0,3 seconds

I never use this config. I always need this config for hover:
    - Type : Transition
    - Animation : None

It's very annoying because I have to reset all my Hover interaction every time. Is there a way of modifying these settings by default ? Every time I create an Hover state, i would like to have a transition without any animation by default.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Replay button in preview animation mode.

It's necessary to replay and view an animation again & again to get the detailed mistakes. But to replay or restart the animation, I have to close the current preview and open the preview again. What about adding a button through which we can easily do this by one click?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scroll to nested object in artboard

Hey everybody,

i use the Layers structure heavily with the super cool stacking feature to have clean and consistent spacing in between all my elements. But if i create all these folders i can't select folders that are in folders with the "Scroll To" Action.

Please let us access the whole Folder structure in prototype mode to use both features in combination.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Select which component state to use based on relationship to artboard (flyout direction)

Hello,
    When you are creating an overlay it could be for different reasons. One of them is to create a menu for a combobox perhaps. In this cas it could be interessant to be able to say : "this overlay is a child of this element on my design".

Why ?
    Because then it's possible to give a behavior to this menu : to appear above, bellow, one the right or on the left of this parent element. Or may be to have an automatic choice made by the system depending on you scroll and the space avalaible to show…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I think this something that component states will help you with and not overlays per se, as overlays are defined in relationship to the artboard viewport, not an element on it. However, you do have a good point about choosing the directionality based on its location on the artboard. I’ll edit the title to reflect that request.

18. Scroll trigger to another artboard

add the option to go to another artboard when scrolling, (as it happens with drag on mobile prototyping) on the presentation

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow vertical resizing of the component menu on the right panel

I use a lot of states on some components. Please allow me to resize the "Component (Instance)" module on the right side of the screen by dragging the horizontal divider down. I have so much unused space on the right, but my component states are limited to a fixed area that requires me to constantly scroll to find the state I need and really slows me down.

The area is a little bigger in Design Mode, but I would like to be able to resize it there, too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Divide notification per project in XD?

Hello community

I will be as clear as possible. My team and I have been working for a while for a large project, FB / Lin equivalent. Another team in my office is working on another smaller project.

The problem is that we get notifications on the same notification panel for every project. So if I open notify, panel and look for the comments not tied to my project, the PL won't see them and vice versa.

So the question is, is there a possibility that each project has its own notification list?

Also it is annoying that if I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base