Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. I detailed the process in support : https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/drag-transition-on-an-component-with-hover-state-inside-a-xy-scrollable-area-not-so-easy/td-p/12596044

a clear example of what's missing is attached
    (source here : https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html)
    It is fine to drag a map. But drag interaction of an item snapped on the map won't work…

The idea is to be able to recreate drag/drop interaction inside draggable area.
    exactly like the way you move a pin on a map.
    pin has a :
    - initial status
    - hover status
    - (optional) in progress (during the move) status
    - released status

while the map remains draggable, and the pin location attached to the map as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Repetition grid are awesome, we know it. It works well with PC (mouse interaction) since the hover is immediatly looking for the hover state of a component.

It's less magical when trying to navigate a grid with controller where the hover is not accessible.

We should have preset that understand that using dpad/joystick navigation in the grid toggle hover state on/off without having to define in the prototype view the very bulky :

• Press Dpad left (joystick left) go to state Hover on button 2
    • Press Dpad bottom (joystick bottom) go to state Hover on button 4 ...
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 516 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In prototype mode, I click through artboards to inspect the inbound and outbound connections. If I set a transition from a component's child state, the only way to see that connection is to activate the state. I would be extremely helpful (esp in large prototypes) if there were some indication of the child state link from the default state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There used to be a way where I could see a total number of artboards that I've created, but since the latest update (or two) I can no longer find out how many artboards are in my flow. I have over 250 and I'd prefer not to have to count them all. Has it been moved somewhere else perhaps? It was very useful. Cheers. Great product by the way. Amazing, really. It's a joy to use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I use XD almost every day for wireframing and prototyping game interfaces for both mobile, PC, and console games. For mobile and PC games I'm pretty happy with the current feature set but I feel like there are a few improvements that would really help those doing UX for console games. Here are a few points, in particular, I'd love to see improved.

1) 'Combination' Trigger type for Interactions
    For interfaces in games you quite often need to press a combination of keys, buttons, or key + click to open menus. It would be great if you could set an…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. I’ll change the title of this one to cover the combination trigger, and I encourage you to file the others as separate tickets.

7. 104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add the option to go to another artboard when scrolling, (as it happens with drag on mobile prototyping) on the presentation

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This would solve a problem I'm currently having with Adobe XD. I'm unable to create a transition that would preserve the scroll position within a scroll group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You prototype in one gamepad controller, the prototype works in every gamepads

My struggle: I need to make the same prototype work with 4 different controllers: Xbox one, Xbox seres S, Ps4 and PS5 because I cannot ask the entire company to buy the same gamepad as mine.

I beg you guys.

Please make a gamepad map where you can do it only for one controller and it will work the same for all of them. There are only few buttons that differ from the others. Imagine me, working on a 100 pages prototype, need to set one single interaction…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be useful to show the keyboard interactions whilst in 'Desktop Preview' mode. Just as a cursor is shown whilst recording, to indicate where a user has clicked to progress through a prototype, when keyboard actions or shortcuts are used to navigate it would great to have the option of displaying them on screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi, I raised this is the XD Adobe Community and I was recommended to post it here:
    I love XD. Please could you facilitate mouse 'roll off'' events/states/triggers whatever you want to call them, to hover states. I just want a hover animation to play, then when the mouse 'rolls off' the hotspot, the hover state remains the same rather than return to the default state. If I remember correctly this is something from the old Flash days, it's even in InDesign! Please can you get it in XD? There isn't a workaround either and creating multiple artboards is just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The idea is quite simple and it exists already in Figma. When you have a dialog displayed as an overlay, it often changes its content as the user interacts with it (I don't want to create a component for that - it shouldn't be the purpose of the component feature and it makes the component panel messy.) So when creating a link between 2 states of an overlay, I would like to have an option to switch the overlays.

Then It would be awesome if the option "close overlay" would close the overlay (the "previous artboard" is not helpful here).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I create a new Hover State, by default adobe XD create a new hover interaction with default parameters :
    - Auto Animate
    - Ease-Out
    - 0,3 seconds

I never use this config. I always need this config for hover:
    - Type : Transition
    - Animation : None

It's very annoying because I have to reset all my Hover interaction every time. Is there a way of modifying these settings by default ? Every time I create an Hover state, i would like to have a transition without any animation by default.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I use a lot of states on some components. Please allow me to resize the "Component (Instance)" module on the right side of the screen by dragging the horizontal divider down. I have so much unused space on the right, but my component states are limited to a fixed area that requires me to constantly scroll to find the state I need and really slows me down.

The area is a little bigger in Design Mode, but I would like to be able to resize it there, too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. For example one time trigger would play a sound after 0.6 seconds, and another time trigger would move to the next artboard after 2 seconds.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ofter when creating a prototype for console games, we need to set all the keys for EACH controller model, the prototype easily becomes a monster.
    What I propose is a tool where the designer can set the key equivalences for all controllers that work on adobe XD. In a way that if I set B on xbox one controller, I can set in a sheet, that we would have same behaviour on circle for play station 4/5, set the keys for xbox X, etc. This would be extremely helpful. I am sending you one picture of a feature prototype, that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. most of my project are huge and heavy, not less than 200 artboard

I would like the ability to update certain or specific artboards on the link rather than uploading all the link again

that's time-consuming.

plus some times I would like to share specific changes done with my manager while other changes are still under going-which I don't want my manager to see yet

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)