Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Would be great if XD would remember the last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard. Or, better yet, let us mark components for state remembrance on artboard change. Otherwise we are right back to the thnig states was supposed to solve, duplicating artboards for the appearance of a saved state hahaha ;)

I have seen and voted on some other feature requests for conditional behavior, which could solve this issue too if implemented right, but this is a bit different.

I have posted an example prototype here:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/de27f8f1-15fe-4c5e-7a9b-deb283a7118f-a816/?fullscreen
    pass: 4theXDteam

When the prototype launches, click the blue…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Give the possibility to add the same trigger in prototyping. For example, the interraction of a dropdown button; you can make a list appear with the tap trigger and another tap trigger to listen to the sound.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want to prototype a PDF or other document viewer allowing the user to scroll through a 2-3 page document (images arranged like pages) and then direct them to select the target text on the document.

Telling a user to select the text, they naturally want to drag to highlight and select the text as they would in a text editor or viewer.

I want to simulate that so I tried putting a small box with opacity set to 0% just to the left of the text. Then I copied the object for naming and start position and put it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello, we sometimes use emojis on our designs for increasing our conv. rates, giving the design a warm feeling at the same time.

But when surfing the prototype, user can not see the emojis, so our prototypes are not exactly what we expect from them.

Keep up the great work with XD

Regards

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 488 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The recent update for multiple actions on tap triggers is great. Please carry this functionality over to the other triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions and having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It is hard to circular rotation using auto-animation. We need rotation time and speed input field.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Designing a menu with different states and the possibility of scrolling to a particular section by touching any of its options is currently impossible.

For example, if what I need is to show the user in which section he is browsing , what im going to do is to show the name of the section with another color.
    So what im going to do is create different states in order to have all the menu categories active when the user taps on each.
    The problem is when I want to prototype those categories to scroll over the same artboard .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Just as you can preserve the scroll position between artboards, I need a the option to preserve component states between artboards if that component exists on both artboards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Howdy folks!

Would be awesome if we could bind micro interaction on any element inside a component. That would allow us to make more complex interactions for components, like multiple state changes based on different elements and triggers.

Imagine a Sidebar component, that when we tap some button inside, that make the sidebar toggle size. With the option of binding the state change on the child element, the prototype would be more reliable when was time to delivery to the developers, where they would know exactly which element trigger each state change.

Hope that you'all are safe and healthy.

Love…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When a component has a hover interaction, the hover effect being activated even if there is an element in front.

E.g. when having two labels with rectangles appearing on-hover, one can place one of the rectangles above the other label. Then, hovering over the rectangle fires the hover effect from the label beneath it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I need to be able to export a recording with a transparent background. Use case was embedding a prototype walkthrough/recording on a [web] page that has a dynamic or gradient-based background.

Today, recording defaults to a black channel underneath any artboard/pasteboard fill value with any level of opacity, if a fill is selected and even if there isn’t one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Component states are great but ideally it would be better to allow an interaction to do both a state transition and an artboard transition.
    So an example would be a side nav with each element triggering a transition to a different page/artboard.
    I would like clicking on the link to change the component state (decorate it for example) as well as transitioning to the target artboard

thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make auto counters a thing so that a numbered component/list can automatically change when a certain trigger is applied. Example: When adding items to a shopping cart, the number on the cart icon automatically changes when the button is clicked instead of having to manually create a list of numbers and different states for each one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have the choice of two nasally Australians, I'm in New Zealand. If you're limiting the voices to the region setting least let it be accurate. Its like grouping the US with Canada. :)

What if the client I'm sending the prototype to isn't the same nationality?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the voice service we use to support voice playback within XD. The selection of accents is based on your system’s regional settings, so you can already choose between some different accents between the same language, but unfortunately, we’re limited by what the service provides to us. I’ll leave this open for now, but it’s not something we control, unfortunately!

18. Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would be great if we had a hover out trigger, so that will be activated when we leave the element.

That would make so more realistic to handle state changes, especially whem we have many states in our component.

Thanks good people, have a great day!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If we are going to call what XD has "component states", instead of "button states", then there needs to be a way to define a hit area of a given interaction.

For example, right now, if I have a "component" created, and I add an element of a larger size, that comes up/out/or whatever on rollover, the rollover state becomes the new hit area size, so now the interaction won't close when I roll off the original trigger... Instead I have to roll off the entire new element that come on during the state change.

This makes it virtually impossible…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)