Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow components event to change states of other components

New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hover triggers to ALL elements to trigger artboard navigations; not just state changes

Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Specify drag direction

You've entered a new feature that is great but now we want more :D

Could you please provide the drag direction?
    Thanks

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Drag and time trigger on components states

Allow drag gestures and time trigger to transition from a component state to another. Now, only tap and hover triggers are available.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple interactions on a single artboard

We need to add multiple ways of moving from one screen to another. Currently the only way to do this is to add the interactions to various elements on the artboard, which makes it difficult to find where those interactions are.

For example, to move from artboard A to artboard B, a user could press Home, Down or say "Artboard A". I can only add one of these interactions to the artboard as a whole at the moment.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Timed animations triggered while scrolling

i hope we can trigger the timed auto animations when you scroll to a portion of your website mock. I want my elements to appear only when i pass thru them in my page prototype. This feature will create a more seamless, animation rich prototypes!

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More default component states (on-click, on-tap, on-mousedown, visited, on-focus)

FINALLY there's a hover state on components! GREAT!

However I quickly ran into a limitation. When the user touches a button or clicks it with the mouse/trackpad, the button needs an "on tap" or "on click" state that very briefly changes a button's appearance to give the visual feedback "your click or touch was detected".

So now that you have HOVER please add ON CLICK/TAP ort whatever you want to cal it.

Basically the component state changes for a definable amount of time before the destination or next state is triggered.

While you're at it, how's about looking at some…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple Interactions on a Single Element

Allow for multiple interactions on a single elements. Aka, be able to drag multiple wires from a single object.

Use case 1: When designing a carousel, a user should be able to swipe on an object left or right and navigate to the next or previous slide.

Use case 2: When designing an app with similar interactions to Bumble or Tinder, the test subject should be allowed multiple interactions on the same object. Swipe up, down, left, or right.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Timed interactions between states

Add timer trigger to interaction easy simulation of non permanent states like: saving, erasing, exporting...

Thank's

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Component states to inherit interactions from master default state

Component states should behave like component copy instances. This includes interactions to be copied to all child states. This is essential, for example, for a menu component in which each state is the active status of each menu item. But when I create new state it loses all interactions. Maintaining 5 states with 5 menu items becomes tedious.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Loop animation inside states

Hey guys,

it would be great if you expand the States of component not only for Hover or Tap, but also a simple Loop Animation... Here is the tutorial of what I mean -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev3fSi7P66c
    And the video below is an actual prototype I'm working at of wayfinding in the museum, where animated arrow shows you the way...
    For now I can achieve this effect only between 2 different artboards... But it would be really cool if the component in some way had a "loop" auto-animate option between states... 🤓

And hey, this could be the beginning of making gifis…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keypress for component state change

We like the new features for components, but it is still limited to taps and hovers. we would like to have keypresses for state changes inside components

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Next/Previous State interaction

Add an option to toggle between states instead of choosing a specific state to go to.
    In some cases like a gallery, carousel, counters etc, the interaction is linear and a a single next/previous interaction can apply to all states.
    It will save a lot of time and errors to define a single interaction and apply to all states.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. .exe export

Hi
    I needed to .exe export when I create a project demo on prototyping mode to sending this export to the manager or somebody that he doesn't have XD on his Computer.
    please add .exe export in this section.
    thank's a lot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Smooth cursor animation in prototype recording

When recording a prototype interaction, the circle cursor shows off all of the jerky movements of my mouse. An option to automatically smooth my cursor movements would make for a cleaner and higher fidelity animation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't export prototype to Alexa Preview (skill) if [space] used for speech playback on first art board

In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support color transitions in auto-animate

The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Animate paths

Defining a path the elements follow while in auto animate is a feature that will be appreciated. While creating a graph some elements have to follow the curve of the graph like a point on the graph. While animating that using auto animate, the point moves outside the graph. Yes, multiple dashboards can be used to define it but with path animation, only two artboards will be enough.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Prototype: Typing

Woud be great to see typing function in the prototyping mode. It could be made by combining text boxes and components (By using states). This feature needs some advanced insights to be clearly sorted, but in live, we will use this functionality in our user test.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base