Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Name PDF File Name when exporting to PDF

Currently when you export to PDF there is no option to name the PDF file you are saving, even if you've only selected a few artboards, meaning I have to go back onto the desktop after the fact and edit the filename of the exported PDF.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export to Adobe Animate CC to add animation

It would be great to have an integration with adobe ANIMATE CC therefore just to make some code snippets, and the backbone codification, but to have all the assets linked as screens in the timeline of Adobe animate cc would be great, improving the time that an app can need to be published.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export native code snippets for transition animations

Exporting fancy animated interactions as Swift Code, Objective-C, Java, Etc... To help out the developers

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Exporting as pdf with custom file name different then the original XD file name

Lets say I have different sets of screens I would like to export out separately.

My initial step would be.
    1. Export all screens at once and split the pages manually in Acrobat and give them different names or select the sets of screens that I want and export them out.

2. Currently I am unable to rename the pdf to go along with the set I've selected.

3. If I were to update and export out changes to the set, I can't select the pdf file to replace.

Usually in other application, when I export or save, theres an…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export images in "webp" format

Please allow for images to be exported in "WEBP" formats.

Sketch caters for "WEBP" formats (see attached image) and it would be great if XD was able to (both read and) export to this format too.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Generator-like functionality - export many assets in a batch, auto update later

It'd be really handy to be able to output completely app-ready assets through a sort of PS generator-like functionality.

Although it is possible to manage all of your assets in Photoshop, XD would seem to me to be a much more logical place to control and ultimately output them.

e.g:

First of all when you create a document you are more or less defining the platform that the app is for, so you already know what type of output that is needed, or it could be defined at export time.

If you need to export for an Android application (for…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show/Find all elements/assets which are marked for export

It would be nice to have a simple option to see all elements/assets which are markded for export. Sometimes you mark an element by mistake (for example a simple rectangle). Later it could be hard to find this special element on your artboard layers to remove the export marker.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export Text

Highlight a Page and export all TEXT BLOCKS as text files for developers to import into CMS.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi Ruth,

I understand what you are saying and thank you for the explanation.

Cheers,
    M.

10. Better PDF export options - color profiles and presets

I would like to see the Illustrator export to PDF window, where you have presets and total control over the PDF creation.
    Right now I had a day work, exported it as PDF pages and was terrified by the colors and quality. Had to redo all the work in Illustrator again...

So PDF export options and color profile choices.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Wordpress Export

It would be nice to export all our designs into WordPress ready files. It seems like it could be possible to do with this program. Design, proto, and export to wp theme. Been looking for an easier way to design wordpress themes.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include Artboard title when printing to PDF

I printed my PDF but it would be nice if I could have the option to include the Artboard title added to each one (sort of like the UI).

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save export location with file

Currently the default location to export your assets is the last location used. I work in several different projects throughout the day and need to export to different locations. It would be great if the default location for exporting assets stayed with the individual XD file instead of being system wide.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improved SVG export for width, height, and color

SVG export should emulate Sketch's exporting SVG code (with accompanying height and width attributes included natively). Not as it currently does without height and width. This should also be changed in Illustrator too.

* Set height
    * Set width
    * Address color shift

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve updated this idea with the specific callouts for height/width support and addressing the color shift. It’s possible we might need to split this story up in the future, but I’m leaving it this way for now.

-Elaine

15. Exporting animations into .json file (from XD) without using After effect & Lottie

Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export Illustrator file

A client is requesting to have assets in Illustrator format. Basically, I want to be able to export from XD as an Illustrator file with the options to save images as linked or embedded. This is similar to the SVG export option, except that SVG I think has a file size limit of about 15 MB. When I export as an SVG at a large size, XD fails. Exporting as Illustrator with supported text boxes (not breaking them into individual text lines and not outlining the text either. Just easy and editable from XD to Illustrator. XD export as SVG…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

I would like to understand more about the limitation of the export as SVG as i am not aware of any limit. Are you talking about a limit in the application that consumes the SVG, like a browser or Illustrator?

In general, if you choose to export with embedded images, the size of SVG will become large and it will be hard to process it in other application.

Cheers,
    M.

17. Choose export settings & export multiple elements to one file

In the process of exporting individual elements - there's no interface that lets you choose file type or any other settings. Also exporting overlapping design elements exports as tow image files. Would be nice to have an option to control that option.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Batch export - mark items not to export

I design layout with sample text. I export the background for use in actual layouts. Now I have to hide what I don't want to export.
    By marking them I don't have to hide them and editing layout will also be a lot easier. All hidden items in a group cannot be selected and moved together with items not in the group.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shortcut key for mark for batch export

Now that you guys have added an excellent feature which allows us to download assets from design specs link. please provide a shortcut key to mark for batch export action. because finding things in the layers panel and then right-clicking is very tedious.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export to nested folders

The ability to name artboards and assets with some criteria (for example, a forward slash: "ARTBOARD1/IMAGE2/iOS/BACKGROUND") which would automatically generate nested folders upon export.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base