Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. Now that you guys have added an excellent feature which allows us to download assets from design specs link. please provide a shortcut key to mark for batch export action. because finding things in the layers panel and then right-clicking is very tedious.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Next to work for web and apps, I also do work for custom interfaces. These interfaces lack support for png, jpg or svg. It would be great if the exporting of assets can also be done to a 'simple' bitmap.

Right now my workflow is to use Illustrator for this, but this lacks the flexibility and simplicity of working in Adobe XD.

My proposal for this would be:

• Add a format option in the export dialog with BMP.
    • Add an extra option to choose the background color for all exported artboards, shapes or symbols.
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Preview the assets before exporting out to PNG or SVG.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sketch includes a cool feature which let you have a background color on your artboard (like the fill setting on artboards in XD), but it also has a setting to Include or not this color on the export. (see attached screenshot)

This let us define a background color to work on our design, like when we design an icon, but when exporting the background is transparent.

This could be expanded to layers by adding a setting "Include in export" checked by default, so we can filter layers when exporting. As an example, when designing an app icon, i could add…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I make slideshows in XD and would love a way to add alt text to the images before I export. If the slideshow is very long, it is tedious to add alt tags and accessibility features in Acrobat.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add the ability to control the entire document export of assets and/or instead of defaulting to "mark for export" leave the checkbox empty.

Please STOP making decisions for us and let us choose how we want to use XD (The same goes for saving everything in the cloud by default).

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi,

Very often I use images inside a mask/frame but the devs need to be able to export/download the full image that exists inside a mask/frame, not just the image framed. Right now I'm forced to send the images to the devs and this should be all possible inside XD, that's what this application is about.

Sorry If I miss something, I couldn't find a way to do it. This is key.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I face this issue everytime when I export any asset. The solution for this is simple. If we can make XD to remember different saving path for different files.

For example:
    There are two files Project1.xd and Project2.xd

Suppose we are working on "Project1.xd" and we exported some assets to path "D:\Project1\Assets". Everything is fine.

Now we are working on "Project2.xd" and we want to export some assets. We selected the path "D:\Project2\Assets". No issues till now.

Now the problem comes in. Now we again worked on "Project1.xd" and again we want to export assets. Now we find the path…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Current functionality is to mark a layer for batch export, which works, but is kind of odd when a symbol is used in multiple places (marking a random one for export feels sort of odd and hard to trace), and when in a repeat grid, for example, marks each instance in the repeat grid for export (meaning duplicates of the same asset in the design spec).

It would make more sense from my end to be able to mark a symbol for export as well, that way the mental model is more system-oriented, and allows for one place to handle…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you export icons to SVG format, you need artboard to fit the illustrations for clear SVG code. Like Adobe Illustrator.

Now XD adds superfluous information like transform().

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi,

Can you give us more details about your workflow and how the transform impacts you?

Cheers,
    M.

11. When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Xd is perfect to design experiences and interfaces. But as UX designer i also need to work with Axure.

I realy need a plugin that would allow to exports my designs to Axure so i could build prototypes easily.

Thank you

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Now there's the ability to include lottie files within your design and mark for export, it would be a huge benefit to allow the actual export of the json file rather than as an image format. This would aid developers, allowing design teams to supply all file types through the specs.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export/Import text strings used on the Artboards as csv, xsl or other formats so that the data can be used for processing multi-language support. This will allow developers to see how prototype look like for different language and allow translators to work with the strings.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I just saw some really amazing slide decks at Adobe Max made using Adobe Xd. I make a ton of slide decks and would love to make these decks in Xd and be able to export them as Keynote files, so other people (no designers) can use and edit the same file in keynote.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would like support for PNG8 and PNG8 with alpha channel. (as an example, I exported a single asset from XD and it came in at 4 K. I took that same asset and opened it in fireworks, and exported as PNG 8 with not loss of quality and it exported at 1.5 KB... this becomes even more useful with larger assets or sprite sheets where the difference could be between 400 KB vs 150 KB.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I used to po design websites in Photoshop, now i've switched to XD and it's a good change instead of exporting assets to actually build a website. I made a test and exported the same image in the same size by photoshop and XD. Even if Photoshop export is 55% quality it's still better than 100% quality in XD. Why? And no, I'm not interested in 2x image when I need 1x size on website. Please, fix the exporting to be the same as in Photoshop. Now the quality is unacceptable.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export the created assets in XD into the "Components" and "Text Styles" sections in Zeplin

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hey! It would be great to have the assets marked to export to be converted to curves when published on the design specs page.

Today, when I mark a Font Awesome icon built with ligatures for export, the devs (who export all assets in SVG) get an icon with the character from the font itself and not the vector asset.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. • Text stays editable in the original document
    • I won't have to convert all texts to paths manually (which can be a lot of work)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)