Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview the assets before exporting out to PNG or SVG.

Preview the assets before exporting out to PNG or SVG.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exported artboard file name

When exporting "single" selected artboard, I would like to have a control over the exported artbard file name.

Now, each time I am exporting new artboard version, I am forced to create a separate folder.

I also export the same artboard few times in a row to present some idea but with different visibility of individual artboard element. Creating folder each time for such export is a nightmare.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Utilize components and text styles sections of Zeplin

Export the created assets in XD into the "Components" and "Text Styles" sections in Zeplin

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rename file name while exporting

Its always troublesome for me since I do multiple versions or corrections. It always replaces the existing files. To rename I have to totally change the xd project file name. It will be easy to rename while exporting to PDF.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export Stylesheet and Text Styles

Provide accessibility to export style guides so that it can be used by developers to design it.
    For Ex: If a project contains 10 variations of text and a color palette, allowing to export those values would be of great help to develop the designs made.

I am attaching a sample image for the idea I am trying to project.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export: PNG 8 and PNG8 with alpha channel

Would like support for PNG8 and PNG8 with alpha channel. (as an example, I exported a single asset from XD and it came in at 4 K. I took that same asset and opened it in fireworks, and exported as PNG 8 with not loss of quality and it exported at 1.5 KB... this becomes even more useful with larger assets or sprite sheets where the difference could be between 400 KB vs 150 KB.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export to Axure

Xd is perfect to design experiences and interfaces. But as UX designer i also need to work with Axure.

I realy need a plugin that would allow to exports my designs to Axure so i could build prototypes easily.

Thank you

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export on drag out of layers panel

I’d love to be able to drag individual (or more at the same time) selected artboards and groups from the Layers panel out of XD, making it export as PNGs.

That way I can quickly share my designs with other people – drag and drop to Slack, email, messages etc., similar to how in Sketch you can drag the little previews from the right panel.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. FTP support

Please support FTP to a server on export.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export confirmation message when done, option to open folder

When exporting one or more artboards, there is a message shown at the top indicating the process. (with an X to cancel it)

After it's done, however, there is no confirmation of the success (other than the absence of an error message), and there is no way to quickly open the containing folder for the export result.

It would be really useful and handy to get a confirmation message along the lines of "(#) Artboards Exported successfully. [Open folder]" at the top afterwards — especially because XD doesn't use the native Mac windowing system, thus we don't have access to easily…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export artboard as high quality image(s)

This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export to PDF in order to Artboard Z-index

currently export to PDF is can only be sorted by the left-right, top-down arrangement. Often there are usecases to arrange your artboards in an arrangment other than left-right, top-down, and so would need some other arbitrary way to choose the order of artboards to pages in a PDF. The Artboards panel already can be sorted arbitrarily, so would be a natural fit, if a user could export to PDF with an option to use the order it appears in the Artboards list, and this would also mirror the behavior in Illustrator and Fireworks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Design for one Platform export for multiple platforms (Example: iOS icons/designs to android sizes)

We do design in iPhone 5 size that 320x568 and we have script for illustrator, which will give export GUI, where we can select export size options for both iOS, android and web sizes. This way we don't have to design icons separately for other platforms. Have attached screenshots for reference, there you can see option to set base frame size used to design this will do the calculations in background and will export scaled icons for other selected sizes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PDF Bookmarks named with the Artboard Titles

When exporting artboards to a PDF, the artboard title should be included in some way.

I think this could be as simple as creating a bookmark for each artboard.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export assets for UWP apps

Are there plans to add export presets for UWP apps? UWP assets are required to be 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 4x. There also needs to be a filename suffix (*.scale-100.png, *.scale-125.png, *.scale-150.png, *.scale-200.png, and *.scale-400.png).

Ideally this would be added as an option in addition to the current presets (Web, iOS, Android, UWP). Alternatively, you can allow users to make their own presets (like Sketch recently did).

Thanks for considering.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to exclude artboard background color/layers on export

Sketch includes a cool feature which let you have a background color on your artboard (like the fill setting on artboards in XD), but it also has a setting to Include or not this color on the export. (see attached screenshot)

This let us define a background color to work on our design, like when we design an icon, but when exporting the background is transparent.

This could be expanded to layers by adding a setting "Include in export" checked by default, so we can filter layers when exporting. As an example, when designing an app icon, i could add…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remember Save path for Each XD file

I face this issue everytime when I export any asset. The solution for this is simple. If we can make XD to remember different saving path for different files.

For example:
    There are two files Project1.xd and Project2.xd

Suppose we are working on "Project1.xd" and we exported some assets to path "D:\Project1\Assets". Everything is fine.

Now we are working on "Project2.xd" and we want to export some assets. We selected the path "D:\Project2\Assets". No issues till now.

Now the problem comes in. Now we again worked on "Project1.xd" and again we want to export assets. Now we find the path…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mark symbol for export, not individual layer

Current functionality is to mark a layer for batch export, which works, but is kind of odd when a symbol is used in multiple places (marking a random one for export feels sort of odd and hard to trace), and when in a repeat grid, for example, marks each instance in the repeat grid for export (meaning duplicates of the same asset in the design spec).

It would make more sense from my end to be able to mark a symbol for export as well, that way the mental model is more system-oriented, and allows for one place to handle…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export images as 9patch for Android

Possibility to export png as 9patch images is very useful to deliver assets to developers correctly, specially when we design android apps.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base