Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Developer to download different types of fonts like .ttf .woff and .otf

When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow selection of antialiasing style on export

I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to create smaller files when recording a preview

Movie optimisation required, XD creating very heavy weight .mov file, its difficult to share in mail/ download from mail.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Full image export at original resolution (Export as source)

Hi,

Very often I use images inside a mask/frame but the devs need to be able to export/download the full image that exists inside a mask/frame, not just the image framed. Right now I'm forced to send the images to the devs and this should be all possible inside XD, that's what this application is about.

Sorry If I miss something, I couldn't find a way to do it. This is key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export without border radius and shadow

Border radius, shadow and stroke in XD project are excellent, but why do I have to export jpg assets with it? On web these thing are made by css code. Please add functionality to export images just cropped to the size set in project, but without added border radius, shadow and stroke.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve jpg export quality

I used to po design websites in Photoshop, now i've switched to XD and it's a good change instead of exporting assets to actually build a website. I made a test and exported the same image in the same size by photoshop and XD. Even if Photoshop export is 55% quality it's still better than 100% quality in XD. Why? And no, I'm not interested in 2x image when I need 1x size on website. Please, fix the exporting to be the same as in Photoshop. Now the quality is unacceptable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto Create Pattern Library (Design Library, Asset Library or Element Library)

It would be really handy to have a feature where you could go File > Create > Pattern Library

Then the whole file you have open would then be used to create a Library for the project

It would out put a new file with the following:

• one art board with all the font stylings listed out

• Colours

• all assets to export on an artboard

• art board with all the desktop components

• art board with all the mobile components - and have these linked back to previous file you worked from

This way then you can refine all you have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix export asset image size issue

Ok, I've noticed this issue as a bug. When you export, say a .png, at design size, it's the right size (@1x). When you export for web @2x from the program, it actually sizes down @1x to be half the size, and @2x to be the original size, which is opposite of what you want.

Weirdly enough, in developer specs, the assets are exported at the right size (@1x - Design size and @2x), double the pixel size of the design size.

Can you please fix this?! This has been this way for a while.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Download Asset in platform specific file name format

Since iOS filenaming convention doesn't allow "_" and Android Asset naming convention doesn't all "-" can the asset names be renamed internally when we choose either iOS or Android Platform?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Slug area export artboard(s)

It would be nice if there is a slug area just as indesign where you can add aditional information and export it for our clients or developing team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export JPG at 3x

Please let me have my JPGs at 3x!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export artboard with blend mode

When I'm trying to export an artboard, the content with a blend mode applied doesn't export correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Determine format of subsets of batch format

I routinely want to export some assets as SVGs and others as PNGs, still others as JPGs. The current Batch Export shoots out all marked assets in one format, but I'd like to be able to specify "format groups" somehow, so that one Batch Export command would export the marked assets in the specific format I need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Highlight component inside hover state

When you clean up the components. In case a component is inside a hover state for example and I check highlight on canvas it won't show it and you might accidentally delete it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export auto-animated elements to Premiere Pro

I would love to be able to use auto-animated elements in my Premier Pro videos. It's much simpler than animating in premier and it could be so quick.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unique clip path ID when exporting SVG

Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Assets panel classify the colors into border-colors and background-colors.

Now that the assets panel only has colors, I need to classify the colors into border-colors, background-colors, and shadow-color.In addition, we need to add a new category of border-radius.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. See colors for Mobile Artboard as NSColor or UIColor

When we share a design made for iOS to developers, it could be great to have the option to select the appropriate color as NSColor and UIColor as well as Hex RGB etc :) It will be more convenient for developers to have access to UIColor/NSColor right from their dev design specs ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Android asset export: add feature to include the dpi in asset name

When exporting Android assets, I'd like to see an option to "include dpi in asset name".

iOS assets add the @1x, @2x, @3x to the icon names, which I find useful. I would like to have the same option for Android, where mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, etc. is added to each asset and see them all in one folder.

I export a large amount of assets every week and this could really speed up our process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Presets for exporting items

Similar to how Sketch does it: when I mark something for export, give me a way to put the export settings at that level so it REMEMBERS and I don't have to pick which file type and compression percentage EVERY TIME.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base