Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export: Customize File Names and Structures

On export, bring up a dialog that allows you to customize size and naming scheme for each file and save that as a template/preference. Not everyone wants to follow the Android directories. So it would be nice if we could export images into one directory with names (e.g. logo_640.png, logo_480.png...or...logo.png, logo@2x.png, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy SVG Code

I fully transitioned to XD from Sketch, but I need to copy some of my work back into Sketch to share with other people.

When I try to paste, I get an image and the export SVG has missing fonts, images and colors.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you export to SVG, you should have your fonts and images available. Once you output, drag your SVG into a browser to ensure that it’s exported correctly. You might also want to try embedding your images instead of linking them, just in case Sketch doesn’t import the SVG correctly. I’m going to leave this open as a suggestion in the meantime.
    -Elaine

3. Add fallback font when exporting text to SVG

When exporting text to SVG, a generic fallback font should be specified after the original font, e.g. `sans-serif` for `Helvetica Neue`.

Idea posted initially here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/14534772-exported-svgs-lack-default-fallback-sans-serif-f

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tutorial / video demo of a developer using XD exports to make app/website

We have designed an app in XD. However the dev teams are resistant to accepting the shift from Photoshop to XD. We may have now redesign everything in Photoshop and revert to pixate for prototyping.

Can you provide a detailed video that we can show the dev that shows how exactly they can use export files from XD to code. Please stress on XD exports make their lives easier.

Instead of just defining the export feature, can you explain on what are the practical applications of the different types of exporting? As in - "Now that we've got all our…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Choose whether to default mark to export

Add the ability to control the entire document export of assets and/or instead of defaulting to "mark for export" leave the checkbox empty.

Please STOP making decisions for us and let us choose how we want to use XD (The same goes for saving everything in the cloud by default).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SVG should not transform translate

Exporting vector graphic shouldn't transform translate at all!
    When exporting e.g. icon why there is "data-name" and transform="translate"? Svg's are very often animated, or changed on hover. Sometimes element inside might be moving and translate is perfect for moving path where you cant change x and y. I understand maybe its faster for adobe xd to calculate translate when moving element but at least on export paths should be recalculated to have NONE of translate's. I'm not even sure if we can call it a feature, its more like bug that produces totally unnecessary attributes. When exporting, file should be…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export jpeg for iOS and Android

For mobile apps Design we need light weight for the assets we export on the stores ( play store / app store ). So actually we only export in PNG for android and iOS. The result when I export a Picture, my PNG is for example 1Mo if Adobe XD have the possibility to export in jpeg my @2x @3x pictures will be 0,1Mo.
    Because when our app is to heavy on the store you loose some customer, downloading is too long...
    So please, could you implant that point and quality export select like photoshop or illustrator.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show link to export folder, when export is complete

I would like to see a link to my export folder (or open the export folder automatically) when my export is complete.

It would optimize my workflow, since I use my exported assets immediately. F.ex. to use in invision etc... now I have to browse separately to the folder.

Example:
    In Balsamiq a small link is shown "go there", in the confirmation message when my export is complete.

other suggestion: maybe an additional checkbox in the export settings: "open folder when complete".

It's a small feature, but every 10 seconds per export I can save, would make me happy :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export to iOS and Android simultaneously

Right now, if I have an icon that I need to export for both iOS and Android, I have to run through the export process twice. It would be nice if "Export for" was a multi-select checkbox instead of a radio button.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export SVG with artboard boundary, without transform

When you export icons to SVG format, you need artboard to fit the illustrations for clear SVG code. Like Adobe Illustrator.

Now XD adds superfluous information like transform().

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi,

Can you give us more details about your workflow and how the transform impacts you?

Cheers,
    M.

11. [Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

[Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

Xd Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.3.114
    Adobe Illustrator Version : 21.1.0 (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.608

1. Create any 2 shapes in Xd. Make them any color but white.
    2. Create a 3rd shape and overlay(top layer)that so the previous two shapes are totally covered
    3. Select this 3rd shape and apply blur (amount: 8 | brightness: 0 | opacity: 0%)
    4. Select page
    5. Export .svg (embed image)
    6. Open .svg in Adobe Illustrator

Result
    No blur. See Ai_NoBlur.png

Expected Result
    See Ai_Blur.ai …

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Blur for the exported SVG will be implemented in a future version of XD. Will let you know once that is publicly available.

Cheers,
    M.

12. Disable IDs in SVG export

I'm a frontend developer and we export SVG's to use them inline in our HTML.

When you export an SVG (non-minified) you will see that all your paths/polygons etc. have id's attached to them. To avoid having multiple ID's it would be great if you can turn this off.

I noticed that the minified export does this however it would be great if you can also do this for non-minified versions, since sometimes we still have to edit the SVG a bit, or add custom classes/id's when manipulating elements within the SVG.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export device-specific icons at different resolutions

Please provide options for exporting app icon and splash automatically, in every size requested by iOS and Android (as actually XD does with general assets), avoiding a Photoshop action.
    Thank you very much.

Updated:
    App icons need to be exported at different (specific) dimensions than the typical 1x, 2x, and 3x required by in-app assets. This request specifically reflects the needs for application icons.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ignore locked objects when exporting

Ability to ignore locked objects when exporting assets. This way we could use locked objects as grids and not having those show up in the exported PNGs.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a design sheet with all assets used in XD.

For example, all assets would easily be able to be exported to a simple design sheet where all of your used assets are laid out. This is helpful for design briefs and as a guide general branding cohesion.

A design sheet I made in Ai is attached and reflects the type of output I am talking about.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Covert text to paths when exporting svg

• Text stays editable in the original document
    • I won't have to convert all texts to paths manually (which can be a lot of work)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export to BMP

Next to work for web and apps, I also do work for custom interfaces. These interfaces lack support for png, jpg or svg. It would be great if the exporting of assets can also be done to a 'simple' bitmap.

Right now my workflow is to use Illustrator for this, but this lacks the flexibility and simplicity of working in Adobe XD.

My proposal for this would be:

- Add a format option in the export dialog with BMP.
    - Add an extra option to choose the background color for all exported artboards, shapes or symbols.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Animation specs

Developers use educated guess work when it comes to making animations based on designs.

Just like normal design specs, we need animation specs to be able to hand off design that contain motion and transition information. a way to clarify animation and eliminate guess work for developers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Gradients from XD to AE

When exporting to AE - anything that is a gradient gets rasterized even if the object is vector.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base