Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PDF export options: artboard title, 2-up view, prototype links

In the PDF export process, there should be some check boxes.

One should allow you to include the Artboard title.

One should allow you to arrange the Artboard's in 2, 4 and 6 up options on a page (I accomplish this by opening in Preview on the Mac and printing as PDF and using the Mac's layout feature), but it would be nice to have it built into XD.

One should allow for printing the Prototype links between Artboard elements, using some type of ability to tile the output to a multiple page pdf that can be printed and reassembled…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recursive exporting of all assets inside groups

Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1

-asset 1.1.1

-asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Export assets to an "asset" directory in the same location as the *.xd file

the title says it all
    During export i don't want to be clicking and looking for the location of the export every single time.

Please make a button that resets the export location to the location of *.xd file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give a specific error when writing to a PDF that is already open

Currently when you export a PDF with the same name as an already opened previous version, it wont say what is wrong. Would be nice if they fix this!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Better export options for graphics with effects

If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Preserve element name as ID name on SVG export

We use the SVG output of AdobeXD to build our websites faster. But the only problem is the lack of meaningful names of the SVG elements in the exported file. It should be very helpful to name any element or group inside AdobeXD and preserve that name as svg id when exporting to svg. Including color and gradient names, repeaters names and interactive click spots.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add LDPI and TVDPI to asset export tool

Although you cover the most common Android densities, sometimes you need to cover these resolutions for certain devices, for compatibility and testing purposes. It would be great if you would add a 0,75x (LDPI) and 1,33x (TVDPI) to your android asset export options.

Photoshop and Sketch have a similar tool in which it lets you manually set your export sizes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export artboard (as PDF) with 'extra space' added to the artboard edge

When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Developer to download different types of fonts like .ttf .woff and .otf

When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow selection of antialiasing style on export

I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to create smaller files when recording a preview

Movie optimisation required, XD creating very heavy weight .mov file, its difficult to share in mail/ download from mail.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Highlight component inside hover state

When you clean up the components. In case a component is inside a hover state for example and I check highlight on canvas it won't show it and you might accidentally delete it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export auto-animated elements to Premiere Pro

I would love to be able to use auto-animated elements in my Premier Pro videos. It's much simpler than animating in premier and it could be so quick.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Component Master exportable to make all instances exportable

It will be great if I can mark Component Master as exportable to export all Component Instances. If I have a button which I used many times I'd like to make them all (and all new instances) exportable at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unique clip path ID when exporting SVG

Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export SVG graphics for web

Now code of exporting SVG files starts like this:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; width="32." height="32" viewBox="0 0 32.000 32.000">...

Please add line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" befor <svg xmlns=...>
    Because lack of this string made issue with embedding SVG in content

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assets panel classify the colors into border-colors and background-colors.

Now that the assets panel only has colors, I need to classify the colors into border-colors, background-colors, and shadow-color.In addition, we need to add a new category of border-radius.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Modify the export scale

We work sometimes on different resolution. And one design can be used for a lot of product. As AdobeXD are built with Design System in mind, it could be great to have the ability to modify the scale of an element when we want to export it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you tell us a little more about what you’re looking for? We currently support multiple screen sizes when you export, either for local asset export or for sharing when you publish a design spec (e.g. 1x 2x 3x for iOS, 1x and 2x for web, etc.)

20. See colors for Mobile Artboard as NSColor or UIColor

When we share a design made for iOS to developers, it could be great to have the option to select the appropriate color as NSColor and UIColor as well as Hex RGB etc :) It will be more convenient for developers to have access to UIColor/NSColor right from their dev design specs ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base