Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto-animate stroke dash and gap values

Currently the stroke width is animated with auto-animate,
    would be cool also to get the "Trim Paths"-style (After Effects) stroke
    length animation for creating animations for outlined illustrations.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accessibility features: Haptic feedback (vibrations) and (iOS) VoiceOver readability

Prototyping for people who are visual impaired is almost impossible to do. With the voice feature added it has become a bit easier to fake but if two more featured would be added Adobe XD could prototype for even more users.

• Vibrations could be added within the action area. This would make sure that extra feedback could be added to certain buttons/area's instead of textual feedback. This would also mean that two actions should be possible; a vibration and a transition if necessary.

• The VoiceOver function of iOS can't read the Adobe XD app. It doesn't distinguish buttons/area's that have…
    18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Control symbol overrides from property inspector

Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Back button within XD Desktop Preview

When I preview in the browser I can use the browser's built in "back" button to go back one step in my prototype. There's no way to mimic this behavior in the Desktop Preview in the XD app. This can be frustrating, as I often like to start Previews within the app but it can be frustrating to navigate.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pressed State preset

It would be great to aslo have a preset "pressed state" wich wil trigger an animation on the same basis as the preset "hover state" but applied to a tap trigger :
    - Hover in = start animation
    - Hover out = reverse animation

So, for pressed state, it would go as such :

• Key/Tap press = start animation

• Key/Tap release = reverse animation

It would also be great to enable a "Long Press/Tap" trigger by creating a new trigger or adding the possibility to set a tap duration on tap trigger.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom easing

I would love to be able to customize the easing function - similar to how you can edit easing graphs in after effects - or the simplicity of how you can edit the easing curves in InVision Studio. This really gives a us the ability to make a product feel more custom.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shadows get clipped in overlays

Fantastic features: Overlays, and Fixed elements
    Here are a few improvements I'd like to see.

• Overlays support Fixed headers and Footers, scrolling content.... But now the drop shadows can't be used on the elements because they get cut off. Allow the overlay to be shadowed, or allow the shadows to bleed out from the overlay contents.

OLD
    - Scroll Underlying content: I'd like to have a left panel come sliding in, and still be able to scroll the underlying page. Example: Toolbar slides in, scroll the content of the page.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Randomize Artboard Trigger Action

Hello Dear All,

It would be really nice to click and reaching random page! Therefore node system should able to multiple connections between artboards then we can choose 'random' in actions!

Thanx

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Timed dismissal for overlay

since overlay feature released so why not to add a time for that overlay for instance when i click on CTA button overlay popup for specific time i define for 2 seconds then disappeared by itself.
    that's like a toast in web design terms simple real life example for this in youtube when you like a video there's a toast/popup show in the bottom left of the screens tells you that you liked this video.
    that's gonna be really cool for both website and mobile app to show you if your purchase has bee successfully done or your new settings…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. XD Apple TV / OTT Testing app

Hi XD team!

I'm so excited that you are releasing the iOS and Android XD apps for testing on those devices. We have apps on those platforms, but I feel like the real game changer for us would be an OTT testing app such as a native tvML (tvOS) app for Apple TV that we could at least test our Apple TV app on.

We have our app on nearly every OTT platform you can imagine such as Apple TV Legacy and tvOS, Roku, Android TV, Fire TV, XBox 360 and new ones coming soon. Our stakeholders view our design…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scroll artboard while scrolling overlay

オーバーレイの固定を選択式に

オーバーレイを固定にするか、スクロールに合わせて移動させるかを選択式にしてはどうか。

Selection of overlay fixing selectively

How about choosing whether to fix the overlay or move it according to the scroll?

(Translation: I would like to choose whether or not the artboard scrolls when I scroll the overlay.)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Trigger interactions on mouse down / touch down / press (instead of click / mouse up)

Use (or have the option to use) a mouse-down (or touch-down) input to trigger changes instead of a full click (down+up).

When doing usability testing it's possible a user might try to click and drag something. Unnecessary confusion may result when the system doesn't respond at all (because a full click is necessary to trigger a change). If we could respond to the initial -press- or mouse-down we could provide an immediate response at the time the gesture begins, mitigating confusion.

Of course drag-and-drop would be super ideal, but the ability to respond to a press response would allow us…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Copy wires even when in Design Mode

After I define a master navigation on the objects that are positioned outside the artboards and have it linked to different pages.

I went back to Design Mode and copied the objects to their x and y positioning. But when I go to Prototype Mode after that, I found the wire interaction has disappeared.

The wire interaction only stays when I copy and paste in prototype mode, but not in design mode..

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m moving this over to the Feature Request section of the database, as it’s an enhancement request on the way we’ve designed the copy and paste functionality.

Thanks,

-Elaine

14. Share prototypes by mail, server or Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, etc

We like to share our design with others so that they can interact with it, they can install Adobe XD Mirror on their device and we can send them the file with .xd extension. (like principle in "Sharing an interactive design": http://principleformac.com/docs.html#faq)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Only record mouse clicks on prototype record

At the moment, in prototype mode the circle follows the mouse on the recording. It would be good to have this act more like a finger does on a phone (which is not touching the screen all the time).

I would like the option to have the touch feedback only show on click (or touch).

This could also feed into recording from a device when device preview is available.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Embed YouTube videos in prototypes

Please add an option to embed youtube videos and make it a component.
    Thanks

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow overlays to be moved beneath other objects

Currently overlays always display at the top of the layers panel. This makes creating sliders or other elements difficult. Add the ability to move overlays beneath other objects.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Go to Current Artboard while in Preview Mode

When in Preview mode, the ability to quickly go to content currently displayed in the Preview window would be greatly beneficial.

Let's say you're in Preview Mode. Clicking through the screens, you noticed that there is something that needs to be fixed within one of the artboards.

To make the fix, you have to currently close the Preview window, then navigate to the relevant artboard and make the change. For complex documents, this may require a good deal of hunting.

It would make an easier workflow to have an option to go to the current artboard in the preview window…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. code view

yes, i know is a prototype app, but always is good to take a little control of the code, and the posibility to change the form of view, cooment line, place jquery elements, etc.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base