Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Form element validation

It would be of great value to be able to have error handeling this would create a more realistic prototype and scenarios for user testing.

Example 1:
    If you add a text field and set it to an email field it should trigger an error when a user doesn't fill it in correct.

Example 2:
    If you add a text field and set it to a mandatory field it should trigger an error when a user skips the field or presses a submit button.

At this moment there are no application I know of that have this feature and if…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-animate stroke dash and gap values

Currently the stroke width is animated with auto-animate,
    would be cool also to get the "Trim Paths"-style (After Effects) stroke
    length animation for creating animations for outlined illustrations.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shadows get clipped in overlays

Fantastic features: Overlays, and Fixed elements
    Here are a few improvements I'd like to see.

- Overlays support Fixed headers and Footers, scrolling content.... But now the drop shadows can't be used on the elements because they get cut off. Allow the overlay to be shadowed, or allow the shadows to bleed out from the overlay contents.

OLD
    - Scroll Underlying content: I'd like to have a left panel come sliding in, and still be able to scroll the underlying page. Example: Toolbar slides in, scroll the content of the page.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Only record mouse clicks on prototype record

At the moment, in prototype mode the circle follows the mouse on the recording. It would be good to have this act more like a finger does on a phone (which is not touching the screen all the time).

I would like the option to have the touch feedback only show on click (or touch).

This could also feed into recording from a device when device preview is available.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Increase time delay trigger maximum to 60s

Instead of having a fixed set of delayed times for a time trigger allow a designer to enter any time value in seconds.

The maximum trigger time of 1 second is not sufficient and as the feature currently exists it is unnecessarily limited.

If a maximum time must me added (I'm not sure that it does) it could be 60 seconds for more flexibility.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve updated the title to reflect your request. Please note that the current maximum is actually 5s, and you can type the number directly into the interaction popup.

6. Share prototypes by mail, server or Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, etc

We like to share our design with others so that they can interact with it, they can install Adobe XD Mirror on their device and we can send them the file with .xd extension. (like principle in "Sharing an interactive design": http://principleformac.com/docs.html#faq)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. code view

yes, i know is a prototype app, but always is good to take a little control of the code, and the posibility to change the form of view, cooment line, place jquery elements, etc.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cross linking prototypes

When working on large projects it becomes hard to drag prototype links when you have 80 plus pages.

It would be great to be able to link from one xd item to another in a separate prototype file. So you can break large files into usable chunks. maybe have tabs within the artboard.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Custom easing

I would love to be able to customize the easing function - similar to how you can edit easing graphs in after effects - or the simplicity of how you can edit the easing curves in InVision Studio. This really gives a us the ability to make a product feel more custom.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scroll to Comment in Prototype

Especially on long artboards that viewers may have seen before, it would be useful to click on a comment and have it scroll to the comment's location, directed attention to the relevant portion of the page that needs to be addressed. Currently when you hover on a comment in the side bar, it highlights the comment on the artboard, but if the comment is not in the visible area, this is not very useful.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Back button within XD Desktop Preview

When I preview in the browser I can use the browser's built in "back" button to go back one step in my prototype. There's no way to mimic this behavior in the Desktop Preview in the XD app. This can be frustrating, as I often like to start Previews within the app but it can be frustrating to navigate.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Visual preview of transition

Add a preview for visual feedback when designing transitions in prototyping.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prototype mode: Backspace should delete wire

I would expect the backspace key to remove transitions (in Prototype mode) instead of objects/layers.

Use case: In the Design mode the users adds & removes panels, afterwards he makes the switch from Design to Prototype mode. There his mindset is to create (and remove) transitions. He wants to modify the prototype and add/remove transitions. After selecting a (blue) transition, he presses the backspace key to remove an already existing transition, but as of XD v0.6.1.13 the layer/artboard where the transition originates from disappears.

What the backspace key is in Design mode (to undo one's action = removing an object),…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. XD Apple TV / OTT Testing app

Hi XD team!

I'm so excited that you are releasing the iOS and Android XD apps for testing on those devices. We have apps on those platforms, but I feel like the real game changer for us would be an OTT testing app such as a native tvML (tvOS) app for Apple TV that we could at least test our Apple TV app on.

We have our app on nearly every OTT platform you can imagine such as Apple TV Legacy and tvOS, Roku, Android TV, Fire TV, XBox 360 and new ones coming soon. Our stakeholders view our design…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change a linked color on a specific consuming document

It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple voice commands

The option to have multiple voice commands for a single artboard with the option to be able to use the voice commands without using the space bar or tap hold

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Timed dismissal for overlay

since overlay feature released so why not to add a time for that overlay for instance when i click on CTA button overlay popup for specific time i define for 2 seconds then disappeared by itself.
    that's like a toast in web design terms simple real life example for this in youtube when you like a video there's a toast/popup show in the bottom left of the screens tells you that you liked this video.
    that's gonna be really cool for both website and mobile app to show you if your purchase has bee successfully done or your new settings…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scroll artboard while scrolling overlay

オーバーレイの固定を選択式に

オーバーレイを固定にするか、スクロールに合わせて移動させるかを選択式にしてはどうか。

Selection of overlay fixing selectively

How about choosing whether to fix the overlay or move it according to the scroll?

(Translation: I would like to choose whether or not the artboard scrolls when I scroll the overlay.)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Control interactive prototype's behavior with custom Javascript

Basically XD is a step in the right direction, but from our understanding it does not really support scripting such as JS or similar, and so we can only prototype using static images, instead of HTML5 code we want to use to test the overall look of the planned website.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Copy wires even when in Design Mode

After I define a master navigation on the objects that are positioned outside the artboards and have it linked to different pages.

I went back to Design Mode and copied the objects to their x and y positioning. But when I go to Prototype Mode after that, I found the wire interaction has disappeared.

The wire interaction only stays when I copy and paste in prototype mode, but not in design mode..

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m moving this over to the Feature Request section of the database, as it’s an enhancement request on the way we’ve designed the copy and paste functionality.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base