Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple sharing links for different subsets of same file

I´m designing for several screens at once and would like to be able to create separate links for the different screens. Eg one for desktop, one for tablet and one for phone. So that I easily can work on all the screens at once and don't have to change files.

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

42 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As a workaround for this featire you can make your home artboard an “index” page which links to the different views/subsets of your design. When you share your design and visit the URL you can click through to the real home artboards and copy the URL (each artboard has it’s own URL on the shared link). You can then share these URLs to link people to a subset of your design.

We hope to be able to formalize this feature in the future.

2. Timed animations triggered while scrolling

i hope we can trigger the timed auto animations when you scroll to a portion of your website mock. I want my elements to appear only when i pass thru them in my page prototype. This feature will create a more seamless, animation rich prototypes!

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export HTML / CSS animation code snippets for transition animations

It would be great to be able to make the design live with html 5 animations (for the prototyping mode), that would be usable as assets for the developers. As we can record a live preview of our design, it would be a great feature.

Thank you !

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make "None" the default transition, not "Dissolve"

I would really like the default transition for wires to be "None," not "Dissolve." I have almost never seen a real website or app or desktop software do page transitions with a dissolve transition, so I don't understand why it's the default transition. I have to change the transition from "Dissolve" to "None" every time I create a new project. I could be the only user who wants this, but I wanted to make this request.

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Clear all prototype wires

I would like to be able to clear all prototype wires similar to how the clear all guides option works in other Adobe products.

181 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  36 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support sound/audio

What is it with Adobe's hatred of sound? They keep coming out with apps that make it easier to assemble web sites yet ALWAYS exclude sound. There are a lot of creative projects I'd like to work on with Adobe but they require sound files. From a web site where you click and drag loops to mix the audio live, to a kid's virtual zoo where you click on an animal to hear the sound it makes, to a site made for visually-impared people who have to navigate by sound, to a site about how orchestras work where you can…

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Options for viewport vs fixed overlay

Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create animations by writing scripting code in XD (like Framer)

Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Position overlays using the Keyboard arrow

Positioning an overlay is really approximate as it only works by using the mouse, without any indication of its position. Whether it is the distance from the artboard edges, or to other existing elements on the artboard.

Would be great to be able to move an overlay using the keyboard arrow for better accuracy, as well as being able to toggle the overlay position by pressing "alt" (as this already exists in design mode)

Thanks guys!

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fixed/sticky after scrolling

First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dynamic scrolling viewport height based on screen size

Currently, for scrolling artboards there is a fixed-position dotted line that defines the height of the viewport in the interactive preview.

For desktop web sized artboards, I'd like the position of the dotted line to automatically adjust dynamically so the prototype fills the full height of the user's screen. For example, on a laptop screen the scrollable viewport might be 960px tall and when the same prototype is viewed on a desktop monitor the viewport might be 1200px tall.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. See all connection in prototype mode

Currently in prototype mode, connections disappear unless you click on a board or do cmd-a.

We need the ability to see all connections or hide them. Not by "selecting boards" using cmd-a. Just show all connections.

People use XD not just to prototype but to pass a desired flow from designers/product to developers. Don't restrict the use case for XD

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Simplified view of artboard interaction links (overview of flow) in XD desktop app

Reduce number of lines between linked artboards: (when an entire artboard is selected or you select all)

when two artboards link to each other, instead of having two, three or four lines, have one line (with two or more arrows or another color) to show the two or more links.

This makes it easier to get an overview of the entire applications dartboard links (app/site structure)

Its the smallest things that makes a great and intuitive workflow

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Right Click, Double Click, and Scroll interaction simulation

It would be really nice to have the ability to simulate right click, double click, hover, and scroll events in the prototype view. This would allow people who are making more complex web based products to simulate/communicate those interactions to others.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Responsive preview: automatically display artboard of correct size

Would be great to see a Prototype Preview of the responsive design, how the layout changes, when the window is scaled. If there are different artboards created for the devices, it's great to see how it switches dynamically.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support color transitions in auto-animate

The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to define wire color

Being able to select the color for the connectors not only makes it easier for me to understand the interactions better at a glance but when I share the wireframes with developers it gives more clarity to the progression of interactions.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow components event to change states of other components

New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Re-enable the feature to add your own icon to Prototypes

In the Beta vesion of XD there used to be a feature to add an icon (client logo etc.) to the Prototypes, so if you saved it to your homescreen (iOS) the icon would act as the favicon/home screen icon. This seems to have been dissabled in the official release, can we have it back as it was very useful. Ironically my old prototypes still have the icon in them and I no longer have any way of updating/removing them

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base