Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component

Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component.

For example two taps. One triggering an overlay menu, and One moving down to anchor link on another part of the page (where the overlay is position to show)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. One of the things that you might want to consider is adding the interaction you’re looking for inside the component itself to change states through an entire component itself.

How would you want to determine between the two interactions (when to trigger an overlay vs. when to go to a different artboard) if you have both interactions defined?

2. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple voice commands

The option to have multiple voice commands for a single artboard with the option to be able to use the voice commands without using the space bar or tap hold

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Device orientation change/resize as a trigger

I would like to have a trigger for device rotation, and connect two artboards to go from one layout to another when device rotation happens.

To go further, I like to be able to switch to another artboard based on size class changes (using iOS terms). Then I could have specific layouts for various potential sizes of my app, and this would include portrait to landscape rotation.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Control interactive prototype's behavior with custom Javascript

Basically XD is a step in the right direction, but from our understanding it does not really support scripting such as JS or similar, and so we can only prototype using static images, instead of HTML5 code we want to use to test the overall look of the planned website.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Visual preview of transition

Add a preview for visual feedback when designing transitions in prototyping.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Record only a portion of the Preview window

I'd like the ability to crop a section of a prototype when recording.

For example, if I want to record a video of clicking through a form, I don't need to show the entire layout — just the relevant section.

This would result in a better visualization tool, as well as smaller video or gif file sizes.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change a linked color on a specific consuming document

It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. preserve scroll position for auto-animate

preserve scroll position for auto-animate - currently it works kinda broken/incorrectly from what wed want

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pinch gestures to zoom on mobile preview

Currently when we demo the prototype on a mobile device browser, the ability to "pinch" zoom is disabled.
    Often we need to zoom some details of the UI to be sure they are positioned correctly (for apps), or to simulate the true usage scenario of the web application (many web apps allow pinch zoom because users of a certain age have difficulty reading small characters and want the option to zoom enabled).
    Please allow the "pinch" zoom gesture on the prototype demo as an option when exporting the interactive prototype.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Simulate lazy loading of data for mobile apps

As development on scrollable artboards has already begun, it would be good to have a feature of Lazy Loading data on scroll. This would be very helpful for realistic presentation of data on mobile apps.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow option to not dismiss overlay when clicking outside area

To create modal dialogs for desktop prototypes, overlays should not be dismissed when clicking outside the overlay area.
    Modal dialogs, unlike menus or tooltips, need a specific user dismissal event and it would be nice to have an option to choose how to dismiss the overlay.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently do this by setting a transparent rectangle in the background of your overlay. I’ll leave this open to track the issue.

13. Design Panel and String Variables

The biggest hog of screen space and effort tied to interactive mock-ups is the creation of multiple art boards to accommodate simple transformations of screen objects.

It would be great to be able to assign a variable tag to the values in the design panel and then be able to set the limits/increment values to them. This would also apply to strings.

Using my Clock example from another feature request:
    I could assign the rotation variable to my hands set the limit to 10° then set another button to cycle that symbols rotation variable. Otherwise using the current art board…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Using information bubbles on prototype

I prototype using PowerPoint. One of its best tools is using text bubbles to clarify my thoughts without the need to prototype them. It helps for lean prototyping.
    The text bubbles work by an order I declare. Each keystroke (playing a presentation) will display only one text bubble in locations it defined in the Prototype mode.

Using text bubbles helps me delivering my prototype to the customer much more effectively.

The bubbles don't have to be text, they can have images and rich media text also.

These bubbles are not comments from the stakeholder, they are created by the UX…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Parallax on Slide Transition an Option

The slide transition (coming soon) with parallax effect looks sweet, but there may be cases where it is not desired, or will not work. I think it would be ideal if the slight parallax effect on slide was an option instead of being applied by default. Thanks!

[added clarification] Customer would prefer it if we had an option for the the background to stay static/not to move during the transition.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prototyping behavior library

We might use XD for a lot of different design options. Web, iOS, Android, AppleTV etc... It would be nice, for a given platform to have specific actions of protyping for the most common ones (native interaction basics). In the form of a library of interaction behaviour.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Complex interactions builder - Mouse, Scroll and infinite animations

It can be great to be able to prototype complex animations and interactions. It can help us create more concrete prototypes with mouse and scroll animations or also infinite loop animations.

Detail of the idea in this article : https://uxplanet.org/the-killer-feature-im-waiting-for-in-our-modern-design-tools-87c3a5d3c4b3

Summary of the idea :
    A 3 step process which allow you an infinity of possibilities by customizing each property with a math formula. We add syntax highlighting to help designers differentiate dynamic properties, static properties and constants or math functions.
    Then, AdobeXD previewer will “just” have to recalculate and update these properties at a 60 Hz frequency to make…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Integration with Framer X

Would be great if XD screens could be imported into Framer X similar to Sketch. It’s the only thing that makes me still debate using Sketch instead of XD!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lock attributes between states (inherit component properties)

When using states for controls, there is no logic in making each states a different size or label. It would save a lot of time and mistakes to lock some attributes that will always be identical between states.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Separate fixed positioning of mask and contents

I have a situation where I want a mask to reveal its fixed-position contents, but I don't appear to be able to do that. I don't see any reason that the mask and its contents should be inherently related, even if you want to set it that way by default (when the mask is attached) - I should be able to select either of them and select/deselect the "Fix position when scrolling" toggle.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base