Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Continuous Drag with Increments

This may overlap with requests for horizontal scrolling and drag direction but it may solve both.

Drag currently only works between two states and in one direction. It would be nice if several artboards could be used with the same drag. For example: think of a carousel with multiple images shown horizontally. I don't want to have to click+drag each time I want to advance. It would be nice if I could click once and continue dragging until the specific image I want is centered. Letting go would snap to that artboard. During the drag it would transition through all…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Combining Speech Playback with auto-animation

If I use Speech Playback I would like to show an animated feedback at the same time. For that it should be possible to define for a time trigger the "Speech Playback"-action and the "auto-animate"-action at the same time. Right now I'm not able to combine both. I only can use a tap-trigger but that isn't a reaction of a voice input.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide Scrollbar on mobile prototype on Windows

When previewing a Prototype, hide or use thin, unobtrusive "mobile" scroll bar on Mobile-specified artboards. The standard browser scrollbar is too wide - which interferes with touchpoints and is not representative of a true mobile experience.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better Previous Artboard Logic / Control

Please add a blacklist / whitelist option to the "Previous Artboard" links.

The problem: "Previous Artboard" logic is linear, which only works for specific use cases.

Example: From a "Parent" page, user clicks a link to a subpage that has tabs. They click the tabs on the subpage a couple times, and now want to use a back button that takes them back to the "Parent". Currently, "Previous Artboard" will take them back through all the tabs they clicked on, before finally getting back to the "Parent".

Solution: The designer can blacklist or whitelist a group of Artboards, and/or single…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hover state is laggy

I just want to say that the hover state is quite laggy, if I have a sidebar navigation with each item having a hover state - it lags quite a lot to show the hover states.

Currently we are removing all hover states, but it will be great to get these as speedy as if it were coded in a web CSS prototype.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Smooth cursor animation in prototype recording

When recording a prototype interaction, the circle cursor shows off all of the jerky movements of my mouse. An option to automatically smooth my cursor movements would make for a cleaner and higher fidelity animation.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keypress for component state change

We like the new features for components, but it is still limited to taps and hovers. we would like to have keypresses for state changes inside components

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Windows] Remove scroll bar in Windows desktop preview

Can we get rid of or have the option to disable the scroll bar on desktop preview for mobile app designs, it blocks some design and ruins the prototype experience.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable circular mouse pointer for Windows users on Preview record

Circular mouse pointer with button press effects for windows users when recording interaction, as mac users have

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Switch between different variants of a design in the shared prototype

I have come across an issue whilst trying to display my designs of my client's new website design. I would like to be able to show them both the desktop and mobile version within the XD file but at the moment, I am unable to do that, would be great if this feature could be added.

Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto Arrange Artboard Layout in Prototype Mode

I'd love to have some auto arrangement in prototype mode, which might be really helpful when screens get too much and organising them turns into pain. I've seen other softwares dealing with this kind of problem very neatly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop fixed position scrolling at a certain point

The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stack actions within a single interaction (multiple, cascading, ordered)

Let's say you're designing a switch, and you want to hint to the user that it can toggle with a tap, so you want it to bounce gently when hovered over. It would be great to be able to auto-animate to a different state, then immediately auto-animate back to the previous state upon completion of the first action.

The ability to stack actions would allow for complex interactions with the least amount of user interaction.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Overlay via hover not possible?

I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. keep audio from stopping when a new artboard pops up.

basically, when i tap the play button on a music app i'm prototyping, if i happen to tap another button or click onto another artbord, it will stop the audio. there should be a way to pause and play the audio. that would be very helpful. thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Maintain last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard

Would be great if XD would remember the last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard. Or, better yet, let us mark components for state remembrance on artboard change. Otherwise we are right back to the thnig states was supposed to solve, duplicating artboards for the appearance of a saved state hahaha ;)

I have seen and voted on some other feature requests for conditional behavior, which could solve this issue too if implemented right, but this is a bit different.

I have posted an example prototype here:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/de27f8f1-15fe-4c5e-7a9b-deb283a7118f-a816/?fullscreen
    pass: 4theXDteam

When the prototype launches, click the blue…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Next/Previous State interaction

Add an option to toggle between states instead of choosing a specific state to go to.
    In some cases like a gallery, carousel, counters etc, the interaction is linear and a a single next/previous interaction can apply to all states.
    It will save a lot of time and errors to define a single interaction and apply to all states.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Higher Prototype Recording Resolution Oprions

In Prototype Playback mode: when recording a prototype for export to movie file, sometimes we need to export these for HD presentations. Please offer the option to export or record the video at 2x, 3x, 4x or more times resolution. This is especially important with iPhone and iWatch recordings. With all the new tweeting animation features exporting for video to be edited into presentations is getting to be much more important!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better image quality for device/web preview

The quality of @x1 images when previewed on iPhone or web is very poor when the image is long, e.g. a screengrab of a long web page.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display unconnected screens in prototype mode

There should be a way to easily identify unconnected screens.
    And/or there should be a way to remove ALL connections, so I don't need to make one connection to display all screens in design spec.

Background: I'm always having the same problem: I connect my screens in prototype mode, upload the design specs, developers are getting the link and then a screen is missing. Then I'm editing it, connecting it again or add/modify screens, I upload it again and the developer sees only the connected screens. This makes me so crazy sometimes because finding out which screen is not connected…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base