Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tile Background Images

There needs to be an option, on Prototype mode, to "tile" background images.

For example: this Adobe XD web page has a background image (or DIV) that repeats on the x-axis no matter how wide the browser window is (dark gray, horizontal top-bar).

That feature would make the prototypes look as cloase as possible to what a web page would actually look in the wild.

Thank you!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an HTML/CSS element for interactivity

It would be amazing if we could have the ability to insert a "placeholder" box which allows the input of HTML/CSS code to create an interactive element. For example; Drop down fields, accordions etc.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Interactive Slider

I'd like to be able to prototype a functional slider. I can currently achieve this effect my duplicating the entire artboard and switching out the slide content, but the load time when clicking through the slider is incredibly slow, and can be off-putting to clients. Also, utilizing this method means that if the design is altered even minutely, I have to delete all the duplicated artboards, then duplicate the main artboard again, replace the slide contents, and prototype it all again as well. It can be incredibly time consuming. I've attached a screenshot of a recent one-page website that had…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Desktop Preview: switch between screen sizes (desktop, mobile, ...)

If you create an artboard and make responsive versions it would be a useful feature when you could connect the different screen sizes of that artboard (desktop, tablet landscape, tablet portrait, mobile) and than show buttons in the preview window to switch between this screen sizes.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display artboard name in Preview

When in 'Prototype mode > 'Preview', it would be really nice to show (or indicate) on the top where now is a line of text, which artboard you're at while tapping and clicking between the flow.

When you work with multiple artboards and you suddenly you find say typo or false interaction, it's really difficult to go back to that specific artboard after you've left the Preview mode.

I know you can do this...

Cheers and thanks!

Namroud

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Preview in device chrome

My idea is to have a real looking or clay mockup like device frame when viewing prototypes like Invision studio is planning to do!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hover triggers to ALL elements to trigger artboard navigations; not just state changes

Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to view team prototypes

Ability to view team prototypes. Similar to how you can view team assets. So that I as a creative director, or other team members can quickly find and reference prototypes completed by other team members

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are exploring some ideas around this. If you have more ideas on how you think this should work, send me mail. How would you define your team, for example?

10. Auto Animate support through symbols

The transition animation of shapes from one screen to the other are not supported when they are symbols.

The animation is smooth if the items are grouped but if these are symbols the animation seems to break.

In the example the bottom nav bar is a symbol in one and a grouped element in the other

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. scale prototype to browser window

Please give users the option of scaling the prototype to browser width instead of just a straight - "view actual size" fullscreen option. It makes prototyping useless if we can't fit the prototype to the browser window.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Assign artboard to a device for preview

It would be great if I could give a artboard a device that is connected, so I can preview iPhone artboards on my connected iPhone, same for my iPad and so on. That would work pretty well with multiple device setups.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Animate blur effects

When using background blur or object blur, I want to be able to animate blur radius using Auto-Animate. Currently it will animate the position, size, & opacity of an object but it doesn't animate its blur.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display shared prototype in device chrome

Ability to view or record the prototype based on the artboard that was used. Since there's already a list of specific artboards (iphonex, ipad, android etc.).

The idea is when you publish a prototype there would be an option if you want it to be view on a device. Same as when recording it.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Preview without window frame

It would be nice to be able to hide the window frame on the Preview window, e.g. when I design for Windows on Windows I would like to be able to view artboards as if they're a window in the OS.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rotate Prototype: Preview window should adjust size automatically

As a user, I want to be able to switch preview screen orientation (e.g., portrait to landscape) so that The preview looks like I've physically rotated the device.

We have a portrait browsing experience. Users can click and watch a video in landscape mode. When trying to go back to portrait view, there seems to be some kind odd struggle in the preview window. It's not the same scale between the rotations.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Run multiple prototypes simultaneously (multiple Preview windows in desktop app)

I'm about to do a focus group - and we have a Mobile AND Web prototype we're running.

Right now, I can only "play" one prototype at a time - Making side-by-side comparison impossible. (So if I click the play button on my Web prototype, it shows up, but when I click the play button on my Mobile prototype - it closes the web one to open the mobile one).

I'd like to be able to have both running simultaneously - so we could compare interactions "live" as it were.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Highlight/show in Design view the current artboard displayed in Preview window

PainPoint:

As you design more and more complex prototypes it gets really easy to forget where the Artboard is for the part of the flow you are at in the Design Previewer

Solution:
    Highlight which Artboard it currently showing in the previewer so that you can make changes faster.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Control symbol overrides from property inspector

Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add multiple hotspots in same object

Tappable carousel images are a common feature in mobile apps. These require the ability to swipe left, swipe right, and tap the same object. Please add this facility while introducing advanced interaction features in XD. Having a single interaction per object is a great deterrent in real-world user testing.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base