Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. 8,057 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. For prototyping and user testing, a text input field control would be very helpful. Bonus if you could apply actions to enter / submit based on different strings.

3,558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Ability to have a single object (or group) break out of its artboard and cross multiple artboards within a single prototype. The simplest use case is the creation of a global navigation bar that spans across multiple screens. This object's interactive elements would also work across multiple screens as well, and any edits to this object would update across the rest of the screens.

2. Easy interaction management and editing. Also provides consistency with consistent elements within an experience.

2,872 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In order to full use this as a UX professional, I would have to have the ability to include gestures, most critically for handing a stakeholder a wireframe or design. Gestural swipes, two-finger zoom, force-touch, etc. Otherwise I don't think too many experience UX professionals will be able to properly communicate core functionality and the behavioral imperatives incumbent to the process.

2,720 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,792 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. To be able to prototype for usability testing and demonstrations there needs to be a bit more intelligence around how experiences are joined up togehter.

If clause example:
    If user makes choice a, do x. If user makes choice b, do z. And so on.

Variables:
    When user makes a choice/clicks/fills in a field etc. assign a variable. Then allow designer to use variables in an if-clause to make decision which roots to go down.

Thank you :)

1,218 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Most of modern apps have some custom behaviour - for example

In user profile, you see big profile picture, but when you scroll down to see user posts - picture gets smaller and moves to the corner.

Would be cool to be able to treat scroll position as kind of keyframes timeline, where you can modify styles of some elements and tween them depending on how much some view is scrolled.

Some tools have kind of similar option - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRHuAq4PqQo - check first 30 secs.

1,197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I use JustInMind to prototype Web and Mobile apps that I then user-test. The JIM application is less than optimal, but to attract a broader Human Factors / Usability / Design audience you're going to need a lot more than "scrolling."

Interactive elements such as text fields, check boxes, drop-downs, etc. that can all be connected, responding to user inputs as needed, in a manner that replicates a real application in its native environment is what is needed.

I look forward to that day, as your design tools and simple, visual linking paradigm are certainly winners.

1,151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great with a few more features/interactive animations when you link the pages. More easing options. I guess what I'm saying I would like to have more animations and effects based on what we have on websites and apps to this date.

transition presets

1,008 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

956 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

834 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
    So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
    This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

812 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add parallax and other effects for masked areas

606 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

567 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 516 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 488 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto-page scroll is often needed feature to trigger on artboard/page-load. Currently I can mimic this effect by making 2 artboards, moving a group up (or down) on the scroll position and use auto-animate artboard-to-artboard.
    Example:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/9182ed42-11c0-45ff-a10f-e343424fbd97-c4d1/

Here on the second board, user should be able to scroll back up the content group (which mimicked auto-scroll down using auto-animate) yet, XD does not support scrolling content positioned above an artboard. Ideal XD-feature should allow to set an auto-scroll for layers (perhaps to a certain Y-position) and let user to scroll back while displaying a scroll-bar.

428 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support for native device functions (e.g. Cordova).

Example dropdown selection, media players, maps, etc.

This would increase the demo's effectiveness and allow for a more real-world prototype.

426 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to view or record the prototype based on the artboard that was used. Since there's already a list of specific artboards (iphonex, ipad, android etc.).

The idea is when you publish a prototype there would be an option if you want it to be view on a device. Same as when recording it.

352 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19