Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. This looks like it could eventually be a great competitor for Slack. However, critical to the design process are rulers and persistent guides, just like all other Adobe design products. This would seem like a first iteration feature. I couldn't really switch to XD until those crucial items are in place. Other than that, it's a very good start.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. On IOS device. I can't using a UI kits on iPhone or iPad when I'm on the way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If so please use the one that keeps the recently opened files on the right-hand side. That way you save me the extra work of going to the top nav and accessing a fly out menu to choose my file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It is actually a set of improvement ideas:

• Bring in the layers, rulers & guides. It'd be extremely helpful to better organize the elements on the working environment.

• Further text capabilities: underline? hyphenation? Currently, the paragraph manipulation is rather limited, compared to (say) Illustrator/inDesign.

• For Adobe loyal users (like myself) adapting to a radically new set of shortcuts feels weird, and adds extra difficulty to everyday tasks. 'A' for artboards, ’R’ for rectangles and ‘E’ for ellipses makes sense, if you never-ever used illustrator/photoshop/indesign. ’Tab’ for hiding all panels would also be really handy.

• What about blending modes for elements?…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When presenting a bigger project with many pages, I had trouble to show them the pages when presenting it online. I think the arrows are a great way to go through page 1 until page x. But when the order is random it does not make any sense to use it, so I used the local XD-file with the stage.

I suggest to take the order for the page by using the position of the upper left corner of a page. I am open to any other possibility that gives me the possibility to control the order of the pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Initial feedback:
    • If I can use Command + R to access Rulers in Ai and Ps, I should expect the same in Xd.
    • Also, guides are extremely helpful for setting correct heights (think Android).
    • Echoing what others have said about Layers. Especially when having to demonstrate modal dialogs or touch gestures.
    • Mobile screens share common elements so allow the user to create Symbols.
    • Notes: how can these be added to a design when sharing files?
    • Support Asian typography; many of us share files across continents and internal teams will want to add comments to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

About Asian typography support: could you give us more detail on what you mean? You should be able to enter text using Asian characters in XD the same way as you would type in other Mac apps. If you can, please file a new UserVoice request specifically on this topic, with screenshots and as much other detail as possible. Thanks for your feedback!

7. Since I am use to working in InDesign it kinda annoys me that I havn't got the same opportunities to shaping my text in different styles (not talking about font) as it it's possible in InDesign. Would be awesome if more of the general features from InDesign were implemented for instant am I at the mount trying to figurer out if it is possible to make some kind of hyperlink. (Beside that really awesome program you guys are making her differently gonna use it in the feature :D )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! If you’re interested in text styles, we do have specific text style features that we’re tracking separately, so I’d encourage you to search for those specifically (for instance, underline text or superscript) and upvote on those.

Regarding hyperlink, you can use Share to get a link to your shared prototype. https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/share-designs-and-prototypes.html

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

8. Every time I import an image into XD, whether it's the same image over and over, or different images, the (x, y) location changes each and every time. Even if I have something selected, the image will still import to a random location.

I feel that items should import to (0, 0) so they can be found. This especially is needed for small images. However, there is also no indication of where (0, 0) is in the file, so some sort of grid or (0, 0) acknowledgement is needed in order for this to work properly.

I have noticed that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bravo pour ce super soft ;) Il ne manque pas grand chose pour qu'il soit top. En particulier 2 choses font cruellement défaut : les grilles de composition ("disposition des repères" dans photoshop) et un outil texte plus riche (mettre la police en capitale, des marges dans les blocs, ...).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! I think both topics you’ve mentioned here are covered by other feature requests already. Please add your vote to these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

10. Reset ROUND Corners

once you draw round corners and set that text/picture box, then extend/stretch the box, the corners look absurdly distorted/disproportionate/oblong or no longer round, so XD should allow to reset corner points please! thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I sent out information about three months ago about the difference between path radius and rectangle radius. If you’re looking for an improvement, please do feel free to file another story on this if you’d like to see different behavior.

Thanks,

-Elaine

11. As almost all apps have some popup message, it would be nice ot add an example to UI kit.

I have attached an example.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. ・widthやheightに計算式を入力できるようにしてほしいです。(例:320-16)
    ・テキストボックスをつくれるようにしてほしいです。
    ・Sketchのsymbol機能がほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The model for layout programs is to use layout boxes that you import assets into whether text or pictures. This what makes layout programs like indesign so flexible and powerful.

Mask with shape is absolutely the wrong approach.

Adobe has had the worlds best layout and design program in indesign for more than a decade now. The XD team seriously need to start paying attention to how things are done in indesign if they want to create a great product. Just because XD is for the digital workspace does not mean that the principals of what make a great layout…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Like Xd to the Flinto app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. hi Adobe-Team!
    Great tool so far but there is room for more basic tools.
    - Rulers
    - move a pic in a frame (better crop tool)
    - more options at the text-tool (line hight, different text stlyes in one block)
    - bullet lists (styleable bullets)
    - stylesheets for different objects, text, ...

Thank you for your great work!
    greetings - chris

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hopefully you’ve seen a lot more improvements since we launched our first Preview, especially for typographic features!

I’m marking this as action-required, as we’d like for suggestions to be granular so that we can better aggregate them together. Please do upvote or file separate issues. Here are some suggestions:

Rulers: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160699
    Image repositioning within masks: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930303
    Typographic improvements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12927885

Thanks for your feedback, and hope to hear from you soon!

-Elaine

16. would be lovely to have downloadable presets containing a variety of editable assets like color templates, buttons, more transitions and animated effects!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Balsamiq has a huge user base, but I think XD has the potential to become the next go-to tool for Prototyping. However, you will need to take a long and serious look at it, and try to at least match 80% of its features, and of course also add the missing ones ;-)

• Set up project wide snap to grid, in a similar way as PhotoShop.
    • Allow font size, colour and style changes within a paragraph.
    • Create a symbol library for reusable elements.
    • Create an asset library for imported assets.
    • Improve the colour picking tool.
    • Allow the setting of default…
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hotkeys for:
    Eyedropper tool
    Toggle between Design & Prototype
    Switch fill & border colors (like shift+X in illustrator)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s really difficult for us to aggregate these multiple-feature requests. Please do file these as separate issues in UserVoice so that we can catch your vote!

BTW, the toggle between design and prototype is already in the product: Ctrl-Tab.

Thanks!

-Elaine

19. great first impression but to make it use full there must be basic effects:
    slideshow (sticky as opption)
    pralax
    maybe hover
    please research the web what is state of the art!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think most of the items listed here are covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

20. Similar to photoshop.. I use this all the time and makes getting artwork in projects much easier

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)