Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. I'd like to be able to switch the design mode to use points for coordinates and sizes.
    Translating points works really easily in other apps so I know exactly how to layout on a matching device size in Xcode.
    The virtual pixel on XD does not match up to points 1:1 with Xcode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Image flipping option needed. Because when i flipp some visual , i can not able to rotate negative.means horizontal or vertical. And paragraph to paragraph spacing also good option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Text with list feature, and able to change the bullet style
    • Allows tabs key in the text
    • Lines spacing should just be priority, e.g beside font size, location is not intuitive enough
    • Able to set global font colour and style, Eg. H1, H2, body
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Just in general, UserVoice is best when you file an individual idea instead of a group of ideas. Most of the ideas you’ve submitted are already in our database. Please upvote for them!

Elaine

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Rulers and guides are very necessary in this program. Please make sure that elementary things to be added. thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Downloading transparent icons and then importing them to Photoshop just to change the color of it is just annoying.Especially when you have 4 gigs of ram.

Adobe pls.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As we requested information three months ago and never received a response, I’m marking this request as inactive. If you’re still interested in seeing this in Adobe XD, please do file a new request.

Thanks,

-Elaine

7. So, I have been using XD since the start of this app and I really enjoy it, but as I was previously using Sketch app and when I shifted to XD. I usually get stuck in doing many things. Below is the list of features that XD should add:

1. Text Gradients
      Adding text gradients is very necessary as sometime we want to give a 3D look to our text using gradients and it is very difficult to do it in XD. I think it would be good to have a same dropdown as for shapes.

2. Multiple Fills
      That is another…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We really appreciate the thoughtfulness you’ve put into this post. UserVoice works best if you split your ideas up (for merging and upvoting), so we’d appreciate it if you could upvote existing stories or file new ones.

As it is, a number of your suggestions already exist in the database. For instance:

Thanks!

-Elaine

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When working on designs within the XD program and a client references a page within the prototype by number, you have no way of knowing, instantly, which page within the XD design space they're talking about as the art boards don't have the numbers showing. Please can numbers be present in the title. If will make it easier to remember what pages to link to when in prototype mode along with the aforementioned reference issue between prototype and XD Design space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We have been requesting these two basic things from the beginning, yet still we wait.

1) Layout grids, and ability to align them with css frameworks
    2) Interactions, anything more than a slideshow would be great!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Both of these are on our radar and are actively being worked on. I’m guessing you already upvoted both of them, so you’ll know that we’ve marked Layout Grids as started. Improved interactivity is also something I’m personally working on, so there’s definitely movement in the area as well! That’s a little more complex, but we’re making progress!

-Elaine

11. I was very excited when the latest update to XD added the Symbols feature. But I was very disappointed with the functionality of the same. These are a few suggestions I have that I would like to see in the Symbols panel!

1. Organization: There should be a way to name and organize symbols. As f now the symbols are names as 'Symbol 1', 'Symbol 2' , etc,. and their copies come up as 'Symbol 1- 1', Symbol 1- 2', etc. It would be great to be able to name the symbols so that i can see their names in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you separate out each one of your requests instead of lumping them all together. You should also search and upvote for existing ideas that match your own.

For instance:

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

12. it would be really GREAT if we can copy from PSD and paste it on XD.
    I am using XD for Mac.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I miss the character controle from photoshop.

All Caps
    Superscript
    Subscript

and so on

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When using/selecting a font, use the selector dialog similar to that of Photoshop and Illustrator, just for convenience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi Adobe XD,

I am missing important features such as:

1. Single object animations (protopie uses this and is extremely nice)

2. Windows needs to be speed up to use the same amount of features as Mac OS.

3. Import videos aswell as pictures and being able to control these. (protopie also uses this)

4. More prototype features when moving from one side to another.

That is it from now. I will update this frequently when ever I stun upon missing features or something else.

• Have a nice day

/Patrick Iversen

That

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! All of these suggestions are already in the database, and you should upvote them separately. Just in general, it’s better to suggest one idea at a time so that we can merge them in manually.

Here are the stories you should upvote:

Thanks!

-Elaine

16. I have notice that the Mac version has more features then windows 10 version. how about a menu tool bar.( I saw some guy using gradients and he got it from the tool bar area ) would like to have layers panel like in photoshop and gradients, guides, exact for XD like Brackets use to have :( . I would like for Adobe XD to be way better than sketch app for Mac's if you could make XD have features like sketch app that would kill it. Keep up the solid work – you guys are changing the way we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file each idea individually instead of all grouped together. I’ve added some links below for you to upvote.

A few things:

Thanks,

-Elaine

17. I would be prefer to have a similar usability on both Mac and Windows. Right now, 1/3 of the functionality in Mac is not available in Windows, which is ridiculous when I am working at home and at office.

Please update to according what Mac has on Windows as well. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Linked graphics
    • Paragraph styles
    • Image cropping

PLEASE!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just in general, it’s best to file each idea separately so that we can aggregate and prioritize. As it stands, all of these have already been filed:

Please upvote them separately, and keep the ideas coming!

Thanks,

-Elaine

18. Page depth (length) is definitely an insanely obvious feature. Was trying to use Xd for a new site design, and the lack of page depth controls was a glaringly obvious missing. So... it's back to Illustrator!

Xd seems obviously designed by someone who only has "a screen at a time" in mind. Anyone who actually builds sites would know instinctively, that screen geometry is merely a window on a whole scrolling page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest! Unfortunately, we asked for more clarification on your original feature request, and have not heard back in five months. If you are still interested in this issue, please do file it again!

Elaine