Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Repeat grid - Overflow option/skips last item/Max number of items.

When working on complex responsive layouts, certain repeat grids will cut off the final image on certain resolutions, avoid this with smart overflow. Simple overflow checkbox would be welcome as well, just like a max number of items.

This would make a significant difference concerning presenation to stakeholders and maintaining an atomic solution.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. UI font size control and color

ui font size control

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be nice to have the same alert you get from Indesign regarding Overset text. Content is equally as important as design/prototyping in most projects so if there's no alert that indicates something's wrong before publishing a link for review, it just creates more room for error. The same reason applies to why it was needed in Indesign, really.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The title really says what I’m looking for. Recently completed features that I thought were getting close to solving this include:
    - Keep symbols as symbols when pasting between documents: DONE.
    - Name symbols: DONE.

But-- what I'm looking for is the ability to paste symbols between XD documents without the symbol being duplicated. I'd like it to detect that the new document already has a symbol with the same name as the one being pasted in, and prompt me, letting me choose between:
    1) Use symbol in current document
    2) Replace symbol in this document with the one being…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use pixel values for letter-spacing and line height rather than whatever Adobe uses right now so that it's easier to translate the specs to CSS

Use percentages or relative values to size objects and type.
    eg: I want this object to be 50% of the artboard width

Add padding and margin pixel values to text to generate buttons. Similar to how you are able to create buttons out of text in illustrator (see: https://youtu.be/fiTnlCCXTBo?t=1m46s)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The new grid feature is great for basic layout stuff! Would be awesome to be able to customize grids with custom width for specific columns.

For example, it would be cool to be able to create say a 2-column layout with one 2/3rds column, one 1/3 column, and a defined gutter.

Also the ability to define whether or not there is a gutter on the outside of the grid system as a whole or not...an example of this is a situation where you had, say, a content wrapper with 30px padding inside the left/right edges.

Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It can be great to have color scheme/theme like Colors in Assets.

As of now you can pick any color and replace it (Assets->Colors).
    My suggestion is to make group of colors that you can replace and then switch between different sets (Assets->Theme).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. To go along with the shared styles, have a shared sitemap that you can click on and be taken to the design and easily jump back and forth between the site map mode and the design mode. Also, easy way to export the sitemap.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for clarification on this request. Are you asking for…

- An overview/map in shared prototypes on the web? If yes, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13760121-show-all-screens-to-navigate-shared-prototype-map-overview

- An overview/map in shared design specs on the web? If yes, this feature is done already! This is now the starting view for any design specs link.

- An overview/map within the XD desktop app itself? If yes, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12957801-simplified-view-of-artboard-interaction-links-overview-desktop-app

9. Some designs will require pixel precision, it would be great if the current "Align & Distribute" can be enhanced to "Distribute" objects based on pixel spacing. In similar way to how InDesign's "Align & Distribute" panel works. This becomes useful when distributing objects that are not the same that need to be spaced out an even amount of pixels quickly and precise.

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

EDITED: I'd like to be able to enter a number while distributing to ensure that my items are X pixels apart.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would love to see snapping with the vector tool the way they’ve implemented in Figma (figma.com). Love the ability to snap-align points on a path, especially with the temporary rulers that flash during intersection.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When creating repeat grids for content, creating a table for example, having the ability to tab through the contents of a repeat grid would speed this process up significantly.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I don't know it's considered as a bug or if it's beaucause it's not final yet.

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta

2. Having a repeat grid with content in it already. Trying to add new element within the groups of the grid (which because of the logic of no layers, adds the object in each duplicate). Finally, move the whole group (normally considered as the reference object for the grid) to adjust the spacing in height of the content.

3. I was hoping when I drag the repeat grid handle down, the following content would take in account the respacing.

4. It does not.

5. Video attached.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your feedback! We already have a feature in the backlog for adjusting the cell size based on the content and that will solve the issue you describe. Currently the size of the repeat grid cells is fixed and only their padding adjustable.

Kind regards,
    Florin

14. Horizontal and Vertical options are nice, but in development there are many cases where you need to use both, especially for any items that wrap. I've included an idea to offer both options that will make stacks even better.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As a UX Designer i want to have ability to copy an object of any type and then paste and replace multiple Text, Vectors, Images and Components with it in a single action.

How it should work.
    1. Select an object (source) and use a standard copy action. cmd + C
    2. Select one or multiple objects (targets) on one or multiple artboards. The objects can be all different types.
    3. Use an action "paste and replace"

What will happen: the object in clipboard replaces the selected objects.

Position: all pasted objects take the same position as the targets.
    Width:…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I select now multiple instances of a component I can’t set the state anymore. This is the power of Sketch I still miss in XD and holds me back. Editing everything 1 by 1 in complex UI’s with dozens of artboards and variations is simply annoying. Same for swapping nested components. Currently it’s all or one 😕

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to be able to undock the layer manager from the main Adobe XD window like in Photoshop etc. That way i can have Adobe XD on one monitor and the layer manager on the other one.
    This would increase the productivity by a lot, because you dont have to switch between the components and layers, but can have them both open at once.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It should be geat to add a handle in the bottom right angle of a repeat grid to resize it proportionally

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi, I would like the viewport dotted line not to be visible while I am designing. Sometimes I just like to have a bird-eye view on my design and I don't want more clutter there.
    It can be only the indicator in the left side active, and on click the dotted line can appear.

Thanks!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to be able to select multiple components and reset to master, instead of having to do that one at a time.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)