Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I have two XD files. One is for Symbols and one is for Exploration with linked assets to the Symbol file. Recently I cleaned up my Symbol file and renamed it with a new version number. Today I realized that my links are going back to the old file Symbol file (which makes sense logically) but is not what I want.

Not sure what I want here but few suggestions:
    - clearer overview where the linked files are coming from
    - possibility to relink
    - when saving a copy of a file, perhaps ask what to do

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Animated Zoom (cmd or ctrl + click + left/right panning) needs to be implemented - like in Illustrator.

I am insanely annoyed that this feature is not implemented, zooming in & out is a function that is used thousands of times a day.

Lightroom has one set of zoom functions.
    Photoshop has one set of zoom functions.
    XD has one set of zoom functions.

Some overlap, some don't.

This is stupid.

Please implement features that demonstrate consistency among your suite of apps.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. While populating objects within a repeat grid with images is extremely handy it would also be nice to have a similar feature for symbols.

Say you design an instance of a repeat grid with a icon (as symbol) and a label (text) and then repeat it. It would be nice to then have the option to drag multiple symbols (e.g. icons of the same style and size) from the symbols sidebar onto the symbol in the repeat grid in order to build a repeated pattern from these various icons.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It will be better if we can have an undo history like Photoshop :)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sometimes, we are checking the whole design or we brainstorm it with someone else.
    we need a place to take notes about a specific page or object to maybe modify it later.
    A note or comment tool inside the app, is a great tool for designers to but some kind of reminders for themselves and attach a note to an object or artboard.

I need this feature each and every time that I have meetings with my colleague about the designs. I have to take notes on paper or some other apps. but it would be so helpful and productive…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Renaming artboards with find and replace functionality. This is important, because when you export your boards, your artboard name is included. Things change, branding requests alter and now you could have a word in a name that is no longer relevant / obsolete. If I could do a find and replace, at least if I am consistent with my naming approach, this can lead to organization appearing based upon how I name my layers (point #1 above) and then adjust as needed.

Example:
    brandusagesection_step01

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Not sure if this has already been flagged, but I find the following behaviour really annoying:

1. Create a button made of a rectangle + some text on top. Group these two layers.

2. Double click to select only the rectangle

3. Change the shadow settings in order to add a subtle little shadow below the button

As you can see, there is a blue border around the button, which is displayed when you select an object belonging to a group.
    This blue border is preventing me to see my shadow being drawn and understand if I like it or not. To do…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Workspace for designing the screens.
    Viewer mode (a second "page" of screens).

Screens are split like an Excel "freeze' screen.

Use case:
    Working on mobile app
    Reviewing UI material in page based layout, not Symbols!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. while drawing shapes it would be helpful to see the dimensions in close proximity to the shape being drawn

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The new layer's function is great! But in order to locate one of the generic named layers on the canvas it would be great if the associated element would be highlighted in some way, when hovering over the list-item in the layers gap.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Material color swatches
    2. An essential tool to conduct material design styles; it is available in Skecth, Illustrator & Photoshop.
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Being able to see fonts exactly how they look in a web browser is crucial. I would love to have a preview mode that allow this.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Anchor Points are a bit tough to manipulate. The manipulation right now is too 'free'.

• Points only align to other points within the same vector object and not boundaries, points or edges of other shapes.

There should be object and point snapping as well as holding shift to snap to axis etc.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To right click on the instance and select 'Reveal Component in Assets' adds extra clicks and cognitive load on user. Please add a feature to just highlight or show checkmark on the used Asset when it's instance is selected on an artboard.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In photoshop, you can hold alt and use the up and down/left and right arrows to adjust kerning, line height, baseline height, etc. Can these be added to XD?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice if you were able to drag a txt-file with an array of HEX values onto a shape in a repeat-grid and the shapes would update their colors. Similar to how you can use images or text today.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Break a large text box into separate point text. I have a list that I pasted onto a text box. I want to break that text box into point text for each line with one click.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi there,

Recently, I found myself usually make layout grid off when I used eyedropper.
    It's silly, who the hell select their color with layout grid?

So I submit this idea.

Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would like to see a colour wheel and swatches like the rest of the programs, rather than having to click on the fill icon to select colour. I just lose time by doing that and feels less free to quickly test colours.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)