Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. In Sketch, when you have a library component, you can easily override the color and text in the side panel.

for example, I will use a button. In XD, if I create a button in a library and use the symbol in one of my files, in order to change the text of the button i have to edit the symbol instance. If I want the background of the button to be a different color, I once again have to edit the symbol instance. If I then make updates to the button (say, different corner rounding) in the library and…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please! The way is done is not good enough, it#s kind of inverted. I don't want to highlight all the elements painted with the same color, I need to know the color of a selected element. Please, make this work like in any other software.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. To speed up typing, I believe it would be highly beneficial to change the way text properties can be changed.

Currently, when i select my type tool and initiate a text box/field, if I want to change the current text properties, I'd have to begin typing, deselect/highlight my text, change my properties, then i can continue on.

Alternatively, I think it would be handy to be able to initiate a text field and before having to type, be able to change the properties of the text you will then type.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Many Web designers, Front Engineers and Server Side Engineers have faced one of the most significant problem, which is the misunderstanding between them about DB’s data structures and how to access DB’s data.

2. So, to address the problem, I’d like you to develop or integrate a tool which make us describe DB’s data structures with general notation, like ER diagram.

3. In addition, I’d like the above tool to relate a data and a design object to prevent the Web designer create any user-interfaces which conflict the DB design policy created by the Server Side Engineer.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I've been working with XD since October and I love what you guys are doing, the streams, the updates all of it. I'm using a PC so I would love to see more integration for Wacom cause working with the mouse is hurting my hand a lot and I have to take long breaks. You guys make good features to adobe xd but healthy first make wacom integration better,

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Being able to import copy from MS Word by dragging gand dropping like a .txt file. FYI, rtfs don't work that way either.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am often working off screen shots of our existing products. I would like to use magic wand to change the color of particular elements of the UI. I would also like to be able to select a UI item from the screen shot and cut and paste in in order to move it.

Also: Quick remove white background from images (erase opaque pixels to create transparent background)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great to have the Alias, Size, and Custom Tokens available in XD for when I'm designing. Currently my color tokens only show the global versions, and I can't add additional swatches if they share a hex value. We don't want developers using global tokens if an alias or component token exists, so it would be great to have these available to me as I design.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently editing a master component opens up the component on the pasteboard, out of context of the design.

It would be great if when a user right-clicks and selects "Edit Master Component", it allows to edit the master component in place of the current screen so that editing the component is in context of the broader screen design.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I sometimes need to adjust the position of the trademark or register trademark icons in my screens, after changing the size, but I cannot because there is no baseline shift.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Right now, XD does not allow users to reduce or enlarge text width or height (scale). Please add the ability to independently adjust text scaling by selection (not just text box) by percent... In addition to other text attributes of course (superscript, case adjustment, paragraph indentations, etc.).

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When selecting an object on the scene with a color, the color swatches should indicate the current selected color.

See attachment for suggestion

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The current XD version offers limited options on how to set up the grid system. I would be great if you could include two additional options that are available in other apps including Illustrator.
    1. Subdivisions
    2. Grid in back

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 合成フォントを設定できるようにしたい。

Illustratorのような細かい設定はできなくてもいいが、日本語・欧文のフォント設定を分けたいので、合成フォント設定ができるようになると嬉しい。

I want to be able to set a synthesized font.
    Although it is not necessary to set fine settings like Illustrator, I'd like to separate font settings between Japanese and European texts, so it would be nice to be able to set composite fonts.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. This is a very simple but useful feature that I'd like to see carried over from InDesign.

In InDesign, when the text tool is selected, it only takes one click to begin editing text in the exact place where you click in a text string. To select the object to move it, you simply use the Selection Tool (V), but if you want to edit text, the Text Tool (T) makes it seamless.

Currently in XD, objects are selected in the same way regardless as to whether the Selection Tool or Text Tool is in use. This requires 2 clicks…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Photoshop-style layers (one layer per object) quickly creates a messy layers palette which encourages far too much pointing, clicking, dragging, grouping, naming and organising - it breeds design inefficiency.

We’ve been using Photoshop for web design in spite of this, not because of it!

Few will request this feature so please take a leadership role and ensure fast, digital design iteration isn’t ruined by photo editing paradigms.

Loving this much-needed application so far - great work!

Cheers

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would love to have objects snap to the fold line. Currently i'm moving my footer around a lot because we don't have any sticky footers (yet?) and I always need to zoom in to make sure its on the actual fold line.

Or whenever I resize my canvas back to the actual height of the fold line I need to either enter the height or make sure I drag it to the pixel perfect location.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Color Theme Tool (like InDesign) - maybe tied to the creative cloud.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When opening a CC-Library in XD, I can't edit the elements inside the library. In other CC-Tools like Photoshop there is a edit-command in the context menu of every item. That's missing in XD, or is there another workflow for editing library-elements?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Right now every font sits differently inside a text box making it very difficult to design text elements to align horizontally. I've uploaded a few images to visualize the issue.

The gray area shows a height in pixels. Text boxes are laid over the gray areas. You'll notice that for the most part the fonts line up correctly from ascender to descender which is that a font-size should be.

The blue area on the left of each example shows how far off from font-size the text box is.

A few observations:

1) You'll notice that as a font gets larger…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I’m going to leave this open, but I will say that the current text boxes match the size of the glyphs as defined by the font designer and is not calculated separately by XD. This means that you’ll often find fonts that either have extra padding or insufficient padding to include all pixels in the font, as it’s defined in the font itself. Hope that helps!