Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for Google Maps

support for Google Maps

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scissor tool/slice vector path

Making more complex vector drawings is difficult without a tool like the scissor tool from Illustrator.

Creating arches like the attached image in Illustrator is super easy with the combination of the scissor and circle tool, but in XD it is very difficult.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Animations that react to a phone's accelerometer

In a perfect world I would like have dynamics animations on differents layers when you scroll or move the phone. It will improve a lot the possibilities of the soft.

Dynamic animations

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to replace/update image files

I wish I had the ability to select an image and be able to update the file or change the image with out having to import another image if it is exactly the same size or I updated the design.

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set width and height in percentages

When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Round corners on path anchor points

It's currently possible to round corners on primitive shapes. As soon as additional anchor points are added, or a shape is created from scratch using the pen tool, the ability to round corners is removed.

It would be nice to have this option at all times.

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Locked objects should be completely disabled

At the moment a locked object can still be selected, hindering the ability to select an object underneath.

It would be great if locked object would be completely disabled, similar to how an illustrator locked object behaves.

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  54 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support all the same attributes as CSS box-shadow (add spread & inner shadow)

In short:
    Be able to apply the same CSS box-shadow attributes on UI elements in Xd.

Long version:
    Shadow on Xd works fine but still limited compared with CSS box-shadow capabilities. It's frustrating to be limited to 3 values only (x, y and B) when you know you can deliver better shadows in development.

The attributes should be similar to make the transition from design to development (or sometimes from development to design) easy. For example, in Photoshop it is tricky because the units are different (like spread as % in PS and px in CSS) and you can't get…

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Nested Overlays

Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Kerning options for text

Splitting off from the typographic features (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12927885-typographic-features)

Let's discuss what control over kerning you'd like to see in XD.

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Paragraph spacing / Soft Returns

User should be able to use a soft return (shift+return) to break a line of text without adding paragraph spacing .

186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Options for viewport vs fixed overlay

Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

181 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tab Button should indent text

The tab button on a keyboard doesn't indent text like it would in every other text tool in adobe suite.

please make the tab button indent paragraph text.

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display online comments in desktop application

It's great to have add and see comments in the online prototype. But even better (for the designer) would be to see those comments in the design file.

I envision a third tab next to Design and Prototype: Comments (or Feedback). When you go to that tab, you see all your artboards, but you also see any comments that have been made on the online prototype. Pin or bubble icons (or whatever) appear next to artboards with comments, which you can click to pull up the comments in a comments panel (similar to the layers and symbols panels, but perhaps…

176 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hover Inside Hover (nested hovers)

hovering "settings option" which list the settings and while hovering those options I need another list

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-progress  ·  32 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dedicated Export workspace to extract CSS styles, measurements, assets

It would be very useful having one more tab after Design and Prototype called "Export" for example. It would let developers easily see all the necessary information about any element like the size and color of the text, the size of a button and it's position on the screen, and so on, and then easily export any element. From there

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set object to default to no stroke

Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show preview in OS X Quick Look

OS X's Quick Look doesn't work, I can't look content

(macOS Finder spacebar / space shortcut)

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatically generated charts and graphs

We often design Area Graphs, Doughnut Charts, Bars etc for Dashboards. Personally I switch between AI and PS to design this type of stuffs.

But it would be great to have an easier way design Charts and Graphs in Adobe XD.

For example, I would like the following method to design a Doughnut Chart:
    Draw a circle
    Select Doughnut Chart from Menu
    Insert Percentages and colors
    Hit OK and done!
    Similar idea for other type of graphs.

Thanks for the Awesome work, XD Team!

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Color Blindness Compliance/WCAG Accessibility Tools

I would like to see an ON/OFF switch to test for color conflicts with regard to 508 compliance.

This is valuable to me because I design for a large company and we need to make sure that everything tests fine against 508 compliance, which includes color conflicts for color blindness and deficiencies.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we still don’t have the tools built right into XD (and so I’m leaving this open), we do have at least one plugin to help with color blindness checking. Please do check out the plugins section of XD to see if one will work for you!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base