Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support sound/audio

What is it with Adobe's hatred of sound? They keep coming out with apps that make it easier to assemble web sites yet _ALWAYS_ exclude sound. There are a lot of creative projects I'd like to work on with Adobe but they require sound files. From a web site where you click and drag loops to mix the audio live, to a kid's virtual zoo where you click on an animal to hear the sound it makes, to a site made for visually-impared people who have to navigate by sound, to a site about how orchestras work where you can…

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

43 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dedicated Export workspace to extract CSS styles, measurements, assets

It would be very useful having one more tab after Design and Prototype called "Export" for example. It would let developers easily see all the necessary information about any element like the size and color of the text, the size of a button and it's position on the screen, and so on, and then easily export any element. From there

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to replace/update image files

I wish I had the ability to select an image and be able to update the file or change the image with out having to import another image if it is exactly the same size or I updated the design.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kerning options for text

Splitting off from the typographic features (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12927885-typographic-features)

Let's discuss what control over kerning you'd like to see in XD.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set width and height in percentages

When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Nested Overlays

Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display artboards framed by a mobile device outline

Ability to add a device outline to show context.. would be cool to even create your own device outline (currently I'm designing a UI prototype for a smart credit card, but having to use a mobile screen UI canvas to show the interactions)

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Locked objects should be completely disabled

At the moment a locked object can still be selected, hindering the ability to select an object underneath.

It would be great if locked object would be completely disabled, similar to how an illustrator locked object behaves.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  37 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Preserve corner radius when resizing

If I'm drawing a rectangle and setting a corner radius of X, and need to resize that rectangle's width, I'd like to just be able to push one side without having the other side's corner radius "squashing" up.

Currently it's possible to do so by editing vector points and just selecting the left or right-side point group, but it wastes a bit of time. Thanks :)

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Got it. Currently, that’s expected behavior, as double clicking and adding points converts it from a rectangle (which will maintain the corner radius) to a path, which has a different set of rules for resizing (for things like icons). I think what you want is this behavior: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12962355. If this looks good, I’ll go ahead and merge this story with that one.

-Elaine

10. Organize artboards into Groups/Sets/Tree hierarchy

A way to potentially group or label pages (even just with a colored circle) would be incredibly helpful with staying organized and working through different user flows and scenarios.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Display online comments in desktop application

It's great to have add and see comments in the online prototype. But even better (for the designer) would be to see those comments *in the design file.*

I envision a third tab next to Design and Prototype: Comments (or Feedback). When you go to that tab, you see all your artboards, but you also see any comments that have been made on the online prototype. Pin or bubble icons (or whatever) appear next to artboards with comments, which you can click to pull up the comments in a comments panel (similar to the layers and symbols panels, but perhaps…

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Round corners on path anchor points

It's currently possible to round corners on primitive shapes. As soon as additional anchor points are added, or a shape is created from scratch using the pen tool, the ability to round corners is removed.

It would be nice to have this option at all times.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integration with Adobe Animate CC

If i create an artboard in photoshop, illustrator, etc i should be able to import those artboards into XD without having to access the original file to make edits such as text changes, images swaps, vector shape edits...

also, i should be able to use animations from flash/after effects to bring in loading screens, sliders, reveals, popups, etc that work within XD (and iphone)

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support Opentype font features

Allow users to select Opentype features supported by a given typeface. This would be especially useful for anyone designing for ecommerce (tabular lining numerals), or text-heavy sites (small caps, proportional old style numerals), or rich typography in general (alternate stylistic sets, swashes, superscript, subscript, fractions). Common ligatures seem to be enabled already, but there's no way to access discretionary ligatures.

https://klim.co.nz/blog/towards-an-ideal-opentype-user-interface/

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Full featured top menu for Windows 10

Get rid of the hamburger menu, and give windows users a full on top menu like in Photoshop or Illustrator. Hiding options behind an icon is a major pain. As a user of both Mac and Windows, I'd love for the program to be the same across both operating systems.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re crafting a purely UWP experience, which means following UWP design guidelines. We hate to disappoint, but it’s unlikely that we’ll be moving in the direction of including a top menu bar any time soon, as UWP removes the top menu bar entirely, pushing file operations into the hamburger menu and object commands into the property inspector and the context menu.

-Elaine

16. Show preview in OS X Quick Look

OS X's Quick Look doesn't work, I can't look content

(macOS Finder spacebar / space shortcut)

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Options for viewport vs fixed overlay

Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Scissor tool/slice vector path

Making more complex vector drawings is difficult without a tool like the scissor tool from Illustrator.

Creating arches like the attached image in Illustrator is super easy with the combination of the scissor and circle tool, but in XD it is very difficult.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Color Blindness Compliance/WCAG Accessibility Tools

I would like to see an ON/OFF switch to test for color conflicts with regard to 508 compliance.

This is valuable to me because I design for a large company and we need to make sure that everything tests fine against 508 compliance, which includes color conflicts for color blindness and deficiencies.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we still don’t have the tools built right into XD (and so I’m leaving this open), we do have at least one plugin to help with color blindness checking. Please do check out the plugins section of XD to see if one will work for you!

20. Tab Button should indent text

The tab button on a keyboard doesn't indent text like it would in every other text tool in adobe suite.

please make the tab button indent paragraph text.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base