Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. Great to see the extension added to Visual Studio Code. Would like to have access to it also in Visual Studio Professional. This is wat the Engineers use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Not sure if this is something XD would do or Protopie.

Currently when exporting to Protopie there are no options aside from which artboards to send. When the elements come over they are all flattened to bitmap images. Protopie seems to have almost the exact same element types as XD but they currently do not link to one another and there is no option to select bitmap or text/editable vector. This is great for text since it means users won't need to have the fonts installed to view the prototype correctly on mobile. But it is a serious issue when…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hi there,

it would be great to have the option to add in any 'Character style' text background color, padding, border, and margin and then have the possibility to apply them to any inline text element.

Cheers and thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I wanted to cry when this new CC Library feature came out. It's UNUSABLE.

I can no longer move it outside of the boundaries of the app - which means it is ALWAYS covering something else up or taking up space in my workspace. I certainly cannot keep it outside of the app UI or god-forbid move it to my other monitor!

The color boxes are HUGE and take up so much space!!!!!!! The previous UI had nice small color boxes, so I could actually get to my icons (i.e. "graphics") quickly instead of having to scroll three times to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Alright, here's some feedback.

Thanks for adding linear gradients -- an essential part of UI design. The functionality of actually using them is great, but there are a few things you could do to help speed up the process of activating the tool in the first place.

Right now, it takes a minimum of three clicks to start using the gradient tool. That might not sound like a lot, but over the course of an hour, day, month, it adds up to a significant portion of time. Here are some base-level suggestions to improve the UX of this tool:

1)…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ピン留めしたコメントをクリックすると、ピン留めした位置に移動してほしい

ピン留めしたコメントがどこに該当するかすぐ確認できるように、コメントのピンナンバーあたりのクリックでピンされている位置にスクロールしてほしい。
    その他、ピンのカラーバリエーションもあったら良さそう。

Translation:
    Please scroll to the pinned position by clicking on the pin number of the comment so that you can confirm immediately where the pinned comment corresponds.
    Otherwise, it seems to be okay if there is color variation of the pin.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already see the comment highlighted when you hover over the pin, but I am leaving this one open to cover the situation where you’d like to click on the comment and have the pin highlighted.

ピンの上にカーソルを置いたときにコメントがハイライト表示されていることはすでに確認できますが、コメントをクリックしてピンをハイライト表示する状況をカバーするためにこのピンを開いたままにしておきます。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

-Elaine

7. Add Components/ Character style / Colors to library from Assets panel by selecting multiple items and exporting to Library with one click

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When deleting a frame with connections
    there should be an option to delete all those connections or change the links leading to that frame to broken or standby links. Also displaying those links as a different color would be necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for filing this issue! Unfortunately, we asked for more information on what you’re seeing, and have not heard back three months. If you are still seeing this, please do feel free to file it again!

Thanks,
    Elaine

9. Add an option to edit the border of text in a character style.

Currently, if you create a new character style where the text has no fill but has a border, you can't go back into that same character style to edit the border properties.

And when you try to apply the character style to new text, it has the border but also adds a fill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This is very hard to describe in words so please see the screenshot.

Essentially, let's put WIDTH and HEIGHT side by side in the toolbar interface, and below that, place X and Y coordinates side by side.

Further, please add the coordinate origin (that little thing that defines where on the object the X and Y coordinates are referencing. The absence of this is a major frustration for me in Sketch and Keynote. (perhaps a power feature, but standard in Adobe apps)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. To speed up work you could press for example "C" key and you have acces to context menu under your cursor. It could show different options for different types of objects.
    For example:
    1) Shape / shapes - menu contains last used colors (alt clicking on color applies it to border), align, and other tools. (example image attached)
    2) Text - menu contains styles, fill with lorem ipsum, text alignment etc
    3) ...
    It would be super awesome if you could customize that menus.
    Another idea is to maybe rebuild/add to right click menu to be more context aware…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. are there any plans to include a modulator feature? eg:like a low frequency oscillator (with sawtooth, sinewave etc).

this would make a wide range of generative stuff possible, animated backgrounds correlated to the fibbonaci sequence for design purposes, stuff a bit like brian eno's 77 million paintings might also be possible if a high number of modulators were able to be assigned to a single parameter like color or image for example.

also things like phasing etc in the visual domain would be possible for design purposes.

being able to modulate both colors, various aspects of pages and transitions…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Just like how photoshop has checkered background to denote transparency. XD should have the same thing. It's important to know what shapes have or don't have a fill without having to worry about if the fill matches the same background color as the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great if people could import their Muse websites into XD. I do not know coding therefore I can't use Dreamweaver and there is not another comparable to Muse adobe app that will work...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It is not easy to manage all the colors and styles in a design in XD

There is no overall design specs for all artboards in the design specs nor in XD, making it hard to review all design styles in 1 place.
    Colors and Character Styles in assets can't be use as style guide/ in app design specs, the current version is not favoring this function

Something similar to this suggestion is needed but with more function
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34285129-integrate-designs-specs-inside-adobexd

[Second feature request moved to: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/34705201]

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. So you can code things from simple 4-digit pins to creating mini video games right inside of xd. You can export as a JAVA or PYTHON file, but you don't have to actually write anything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When uploading a prototype to the web Adobe XD includes an unwanted grey border around the export.

see: https://xd.adobe.com/view/a509f5d7-147e-435b-8bf8-3764c820ec85/

Even though the embed code inside XD reads: frameborder="0" there still is a border included.

Could it be possible that there is a typo in this line as it should say: frameBorder="0" (note the capital “B”)

Anyhow, can this border be removed? Or at least be optional…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Two things:
    1) A shortcut keystroke to enter the fields. InDesign has this already. I think AI does too.
    2) For math operations, it would be nice if I didn't have to get the cursor to blink at the right edge before typing my operation (* 2, /3, etc.). Why not just have the field recognize the operation? If someone enter +, -, /, or * just perform that function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! These are actually two different feature requests, so it would be great if you could file the second one again (math operations). I’ll focus this request for the shortcut to enter the width/height.

19. The current UI for transitions is clunky and flows awkwardly. Every time I try to link to something lower on the page, the pop-up box appears below the 'fold'/screen and I have to move the artboard into view and re-click on the 'from' element to get the pop-up to appear. You've already trained the users to use the side-panel (right) to change elements in the design view, I think it makes sense to place the transitions in the same spot. It would greatly simplify the flow, as well as returning to edit transitions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Finally having libraries is nice, but the organization is still difficult to maintain for larger organizations. I have my libraries split out based categories. It seems easier to keep the XD files smaller. I have components, typography, colors, and icons. I plan on breaking out components to be more specific.

The problem is if I apply a color to a component, or if I apply a color to a text style, then I have multiples of styles / components in the document where I'm using all of these libraries.

This requires multiple files to be updated anytime a change…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →