Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

645 results found

1. When selecting an object on the scene with a color, the color swatches should indicate the current selected color.

See attachment for suggestion

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It can be great to have color scheme/theme like Colors in Assets.

As of now you can pick any color and replace it (Assets->Colors).
    My suggestion is to make group of colors that you can replace and then switch between different sets (Assets->Theme).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Material color swatches
    2. An essential tool to conduct material design styles; it is available in Skecth, Illustrator & Photoshop.
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. like in Photoshop or like iMac folder coloring - to quick initializing layers, probably I'm not first with this ask, just need ask

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Introduce a new feature that lets you import color swatch libraries from photoshop or illustrator.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m leaving this open for now, but if you’re interested in using color swatches from Photoshop and Illustrator, you can export them to a CC Library and use them in the Assets Panel directly within XD. Hope that helps!

5. When I copy HEX color codes to clipboard in Design Specs, I can get the color code like this:

FF12BF

FFFFFF

But, sometimes I want to get the color code like this:

ff12bf

ffffff

Or like this:

ff12bf

fff

Or like this:

FF12BF

FFF

So, I want to choose HEX color code rules in Design Specs.
    I think that engineers will support XD by responding to various coding rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to change a Character Style's color by dragging a color from the Color Assets on to a Character Style.

Problem:
    To change a color of a character style in the in the Character Styles window is too tedious. It also requires the user to re-enter the color values using its color-picker.

Solution:
    Make it possible to drag a color from the Colors Assets window on to the Character Style.
    Also, make it also possible to drag-n-drop a color from the Appearance color-picker's local library onto the Character Style.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide the ability to change multiple objects/elements within a document and/or across artboards.

Example: Ability to increase font size within a button across all artboards (without multi-select)
    This is similar to increasing font size within a repeatable grid—all increase.

Another example: replace/swap a theme color throughout the document.

2,401 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi XD Community,

I’m glad to announce that you could do global character style or color edits in XD through the assets panel. Just add your colors and character styles to the assets panel, and once you edit any of the color / character style properties in the assets panel, those edits will propagate to all objects or symbols that inherit those properties.

ProTip – Color Merging in the assets panel: you could also merge colors in the assets panel by copying the Hex value of one color and pasting it into another. All objects or symbols that have the old color will automatically inherit the new merged color.

To learn more about managing your colors and character styles in XD’s assets panel, please check the following resources:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu5khe2H2-c
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/assets-symbols.html

If you have any feedback or suggestions around how to improve this feature and other assets panel features, please create…

8. Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Color Theme Tool (like InDesign) - maybe tied to the creative cloud.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Being able to select the color for the connectors not only makes it easier for me to understand the interactions better at a glance but when I share the wireframes with developers it gives more clarity to the progression of interactions.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If you have a color palette and need to change a color a little you need to change the color for every layer with the old color again.

It would be nice to have a set color palette and if you change one of these colors all layers with the old color get updated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you view the prototype in the background color is white on the page that surrounds the layout, but if you click the fullscreen icon top right the same backgound becomes black, this also removes the text navigation links under the layout.

Why is this? And why doesn't the background fill the screen dynamically with the background of my web layout? It looks very strange when my 1024x768px gets a bordered frame around it instead of just getting a full background that occupies the screen, just like I would when making the same layout in Dreamweaver. When I preview layouts…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Working with a developer, we think it would be a good idea to mark the name of the colors of fonts… we are adding in the asset panel in the panel right to the app.
    It will allows dev that are using the XD document locally on their computer (without the link) to watch exactly the name of the Color or the style for each element without reading informations.
    It will be also possible if the Color or the style used is focus in the asset panel.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I find myself mousing around quite a bit to change colors. I hate using the trackpad/mouse if at all possible. I'd like to be able to Select Object > {press a key to open Fill/Border color} > Type/Paste Hex Code > Enter.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. At the moment it's not possible to use Color Assets with Gradient fills, Borders and Shadows.

1) First of all, it's not possible to choose an Asset Color as a Border color, as well as a Gradient point and the Shadow color.

2) Second, XD should keep connection between Gradients/Boder/Shadow colors and colors from Assets, so when I modify a Color Asset, my objects are being updated.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Now all my color sets I've made in the system color picker for using in many other different apps are unavailable in Adobe XD. That was not very good idea. Additional little button to call the system color picker within the standard color picker panel would be appreciated.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When outlined XD makes text single color disregarding other colors applied within one piece of text - it should preserve all the colors used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)