Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

• Guidelines (for alignment horizontally and vertically) -> for making designs based on bootstrap framework columns
    • Text super- and subscript -> for prices in a webshop ,00 often is shown in super- or subscript.
    • Text strikethrough -> often used for old prices in webshops
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

I think everything listed here is covered by other feature requests already, so I’ll close this. Please upvote these items instead:

- Guidelines: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160453-guides
    - Superscript/subscript: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14844018-superscript-subscript
    - Strikethrough: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15113031-strikethrough-crossed-out-text

In the future, please help us by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion and upvoting existing requests where possible. Thanks!

1. XD Potentially good, but it lacks a lot.
    Many tools and functions, many useful already present in Photoshop and illustrator.

Which:
    - CSS copy - (present in Ai Ps)

• Photo mask - (iD Ai Ps)
      Indesign has a very immediate and fast mask system for images.
      At the moment it is present in XD but you have to go to the menu, create a shape etc.
      It is not present in the right tastro.

• Text formatting

• Animations / Interaction
      Animation and interaction system XD is ridiculous. Look at Principle or other similar ones.

• Fast export of PNG or SVG (Ps…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, this is about seven or eight different feature requests, which makes it very difficult to aggregate with others. It makes it very difficult for your feedback to bubble to the top, and we want to make sure you’re heard.

Most of these are already feature requests in our database. I’ve looked up a few for you:

2. There's a new feature that allows you to position the border placed on an object (e.g inside, center, outside). If I'm not mistaken, you can not do this with CSS so I don't think it should be a design option in XD. I want XD to be slim and laser focused on what can be done with our frontend tools (HTML, CSS). I'm not saying remove this specific feature. I'm just concerned that if it keeps up we'll have a beast on our hands like illustrator or photoshop. I like how XD is very specific to the front end designer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your concern! We are definitely dedicated toward having a product that is laser-focused on the needs of UX and UI designers and are very concerned with ensuring that feature bloat doesn’t happen.

That being said, many of our users are doing development for multiple platforms, including native application design, and we heard from our customers that they would like to have stroke position control for design flexibility, as flat assets generally look best when they’re pixel aligned instead of off-pixel, which happens occasionally when you’re center-aligned. We do export well-formed SVG that does, of course, conform to web standards.

I’m closing this request as more a concern with the way we’re approaching the product and not a desire for a specific feature. Thank you for your feedback!

3. • Blend modes, but only a few like multiply and overlay. (don't want a re-run of photoshop)
    • Text underline (basic formatting)
    • Flip Horizontal / Vertical
    • Grid system (960 or similar)
    • Image repositioning within shape

Other than this, you guys have made a fantastic piece of software. In the words of Moff from Human Traffic "Nice one Bruva"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one request per ticket. Thankfully, most of these are already in the system and are just waiting for your upvote:

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

4. 1) when using design mode for multiple artboards, there is no option to print the design overview (ala a Sitemap) for all artboards at once.

2) Each artboard in our design has a title but they only show "..." in the Design View until you click into the title to edit. Plenty of space to fit the title there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I guess if you guys provide the option of gif/photo zoom pan/video compatible options would be good with few animation options like flips and so, i felt XD is very good for the people who want to present the client ideas in better way and presentable. this few requests gets live in software would be more good. and one more major requirement is the tab options as each documents opens up in different window. or else should be a option where in a single document only we can present all three platform compatible option like desktop/mobile/tab.

will be waiting for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one feature request per ticket. However, all of these suggestions are already in the database, just waiting for your upvote.

You can search for the ones in your comment in the features database. Thanks!

-Elaine

6. I'd like to start using Adobe Xd more, but whats really holding me back ist that there are no textstyle options. It'd be really cool and intuitive if they would have the same look and feel as in the other adobe Programs. This is really something I'm missing, and a dealbreaker for me. Especially if I want to design a Website with more that 2 or even just 1 page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I've been using this for a while now and I find it absolutely great! However there's a few things I wish it could do.

1) Having a radial style gradient.

2) Saving Gradients the same way colors are saved.

3) Locking an image in the background and having the content scroll over it.

4) Floating Menu's during prototype mode. So that the main header can scroll along with the page.

Thank you for this great app. Keep up the good work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file a single ticket for each idea. Thankfully, your ideas are already in the database, and only need your upvote!

Radial Gradient: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15671976
    Gradient Swatches: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16384465
    Scrollable Areas: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869166
    Pinned Elements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13031847

-Elaine

8. Very minor detail but when coping the hexcode from PS it's easy to forget to added the required # whereas in PS it is already implied

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great if demos could run in fullscreen. You could add a button in the artboard properties to check/uncheck fullscreen mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It is very necessary to add:
    - dotted line
    - uppercase letter
    - can change the border line to outside and inside
    - moving image inside the frame. Something like a clipping mask

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello, I am a designer and really like working with Adobe XD.

I hope that in the future, there will be the option to add/change states to the icons - ex. to create buttons that change color/size when the mouse hovers over/rolls over before clicking and going to another screen. It wouyld also be helpful an option where the image can be edited in Photoshop/Illustrator, saved and updated in XD, like Smart-objects work between Photoshop and Illustrator.

Finally, to have a section dedicated to the creation of Personas and Users Journeys would be a great adds-on, since many prototyping software…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you enter a single idea per submission. The good news is, all of your suggestions are already in the database and ready for your upvote!

Elaine

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I really want to use XD, but I want it to act and perform like a layout program (InDesign). Layers, guides, text frame options, image frames etc. It needs ALL the basic functionality of InDesign. I keep wanting to go back to InDesign to lay-out/design concepts b/c basic things like guides and layers don't exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We have a lot of other InDesign fans as well, and they’ve already seeded our database with suggestions that are based on their favorite features. I’d suggest that you search in the XD UserVoice and upvote your favorite features!

By the way, we do have a layers panel that you can play with. Hit Cmd+Y to launch the contextual layers panel and check it out!

-Elaine

14. artboard switch shortcut key

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I love how easy the new Assets panel is, and the following features could make it even better:

1- Double click an asset, such as a color or font, to edit it.
    2- Drag assets to sort them.
    3- Selecting an item from an dartboard highlights its color and/or font.
    4- For the tooltips to appear instantly when hovering over an asset in the asset window. For example, when hovering over a color to instantly display its hex code. I currently have to hover over an asset and wait for the tooltip to appear so I can see if it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please provide an option to move layers inside the mask group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to link text objects within a single board, or across multiple boards, so that when I change text in one object all linked text objects update to the new text.

A simple use case:
    Update button label "Submit" on all buttons and across all boards to "Save".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Text rendering is very poor at anything other than 100% view.

Fitting to screen produces scratchy text lines — much poorer than the way InDesign would handle such a thing.
    Please improve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi Guys
    I think should be great if when I made a symbol, I can change some properties without change the root symbol, the capacity to choose between create a new symbol or a sub symbol (the sub symbol take the properties no affected in the edition) with this property we can change general properties and affect the children.

thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)