Request details

Basic Text Transform: all caps, all lowercase

Add basic text transform like there is in Illustrator to make it easier and faster for developers to code your designs. Our developers have to waist time retyping text for layouts that have already been designed. At least basic uppercase and lowercase.

245 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

StevenSteven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PascalPascal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Started my first project with Adobe XD and i really missing these options… please add more text formatting options

• A. ParraA. Parra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!!! Please make more type options. Like all caps, basic kerning, leading and justification windows like in .indd. This is a must for any designer that wants to creat great type layouts. Thanks!

• MatzaMatza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hm feature-under-review? The missing text-transform-possibilities let me stay at sketch. This must be the next feature!
        Uppercas/lowercase
        paragraph distance
        paragraph styles (please make different p-styles in one text-frame possible!)
        text styles (inside a paragraph)
        left/right distances to the paragraph

• DeliutakDeliutak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Including editing individually highlighted bodies of copy individually from whole text box. This is impossible to achieve. i.e., a single text box can have a header, a subhead and body copy with different paragraph spacings.

• Antonio Panico LaccettiAntonio Panico Laccetti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uppercase, lowercase, capitalise all words of a text area, capitalise just the first letter of every text area row. Please this will be amazing!

• Nathan SnelgroveNathan Snelgrove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Small-caps seems obvious for this too, right? This has got to be moved to the list. Typography is the most important thing in 99% of design work; let's get this done!

• Ravi LautanRavi Lautan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Adobe, you know the feature should be put on the list instead of under review. Reason is simple. text-transform: uppercase. The developer should get a hint like this when working on a design from xd.

• JoãoJoão commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! I started using Adobe Xd today and have loved, it's really an incredible tool.

My suggestion is related to text session.
        It would be very useful to have more character attributes, such as lowercased, capital, etc, plus a preview of sources and facilities to increase and decrease the body using the mouse wheel.

I appreciate the opportunity to contribute to make this even better tool.

Best regards,
        John Paul Moraes

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base