Request details

Basic Text Transform: all caps, all lowercase

Add basic text transform like there is in Illustrator to make it easier and faster for developers to code your designs. Our developers have to waist time retyping text for layouts that have already been designed. At least basic uppercase and lowercase.

2,069 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

224 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Deep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Select the text & after drag and selecting the text which you need to change & press Shift + F3. It toggles between "capitalize" "uppercase" and "lowercase" ;)
        and at last press enter or a space for applying it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone have a link to the change case plugin they can share? I see we've been waiting for over 2 years and I need a solution now. Thanks in advance:)

• GB Apk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Character styles ought to incorporate all tops abilities. We shouldn't need to type in all tops on the off chance that we are utilizing a spared character style. It's neither versatile nor viable long haul. The module that exists is dreary (you need to choose all occurrences of content) and does not address the issue of having the capacity to assemble segments that exemplify the majority of their properties. e.g., If I make a catch that will dependably be in all tops, the character style ought to mirror this, and the image ought to be attached to that character style.
        Source: https://www.gbapk.info/gbwhatsapp-for-android

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that some random guy was able to implement this functionality in a plugin but somehow the XD team can't is all the more infuriating. It just proves the XD team cares more about adding flashy prototyping features than creating an app that professional designers can actually use. This is just one example of a simple and easy to implement feature that should have been present from day 1 that is still nowhere in sight. Our creative team has been patiently waiting for Adobe to get their act together so we can make the switch from Sketch, but patience is running out. There are still around 6 missing features that prevent us from switching. InVision is looking more and more like the better alternative.

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Character styles should include all caps capabilities. We shouldn't have to type in all caps if we are using a saved character style. It's neither scalable nor maintainable long term. The plugin that exists is tedious (you have to select all instances of text) and does not address the issue of being able to build components that encapsulate all of their properties. e.g., If I create a button that will always be in all caps, the character style should reflect this, and the symbol should be tied to that character style.

• Nick Fitchpatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is where I am slightly worried about plugins in XD. I hope simple features don't get overlooked because there is a third party plugin available. I would much rather have less plugins and have more native features in XD.

• Billy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely, SURELY it must have been 1 Million times easier for Adobe developers to have added a change case feature than for a member of the community to develop a plugin for it? Surely!? Thanks Paolo Biagini for making the "Change Case" plugin. Adobe - SMH.

• Best Of All Films commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

✋🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️Read this before you reply

update XD app first.
        it is already possible through plugin download "change case" plugin so download and use it

• Siddharth Bishnu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame on Adobe for not considering this as a priority. This is the most needed feature now. It's simple. I know coz Illustrator has this feature. So please include this in XD too.

I agree this should already be built into the software. But in the meantime, search for the plugin Change Case. This will give you the auto-capitalization shortcut.

I feel Adobe has made animation and other things more of a priority rather than have your "must have functions". For this, I will use other apps such as Sketch or InVision Studio before Adobe XD.

Sorry Adobe, yet another fail.

Line Height had major issues too. It's using print specs, not web specs. Makes the design handoff basically useless because the specs are wrong.

These features are needed, as well as this the ability to superscript the text (like in photoshop/indesign), it is crucial for any commercial work in a lot of marketing sectors.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base