Request details

Basic Text Transform: all caps, all lowercase

Add basic text transform like there is in Illustrator to make it easier and faster for developers to code your designs. Our developers have to waist time retyping text for layouts that have already been designed. At least basic uppercase and lowercase.

2,679 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

262 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every day I'm in awe of the basic features this software does not possess. It's just awful. The all-cap plug-in is better than nothing but it doesn't carry over to character styles which sucks almost as bad as XD.

• LeeHutch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't your developers just copy in to illustrator or indesign and change the case, then copy back in to XD? That is what I do, although this feature would be awesome.

• James Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one thing that shields me from utilizing XD in my every day work process. I basically don't have room schedule-wise to retype each and every feature just to perceive how they would look in capitalized.
    Source: https://www.moonlamps.info

• Peter Villevoye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GREAT !! Thanks.
    There's so much to say for having a native feature, in stead of forcing users to hunt for plugins. And of the three plugins I found and tested, (a few weeks ago), two were just horrible to use, with unexpected flaws or drawbacks...

• Vnz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@stephan Yay ! so fun to use plugins hidden in a sub-menu, hidden in a burger menu

@dennis it is started, it doesn't mean it will be implemented anytime soon... the guide suggestion was made in 2016 and is "feature-started" since 2018
    I think the adobe team working on XD is just 2 dudes in a closet :D

+1
    the TT phtoshop button is what we need. Plus it act like the CSS style, forcing the uppercase

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it like in Photoshop. Like a button TT that if a text in a box is letters: "Word word word" it will show as "WORD WORD WORD".

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm being yelled at by my boss to switch to Sketch because Adobe XD is not capable of competing with them.

• Pascal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the next update please… :) The current plugin "Change Case" is not working cool in combination with design specs for developers! :(

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base