Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Please create the option to download assets as JPGs from design specs. As of right now, there are only options to download as PNG or PDF. JPG seems pretty odd to exclude. Additionally, it would be great if you could have the ability to control your batch export preferences.

199 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'd like to be able to create, use, and manage symbols using a symbols panel on Windows.

198 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Being able to create and share Style Guides to be used within teams. For instance, one member of a team can create a style guide with several object/paragraph/font styles to be shared with team members working on the same project. Within the object style allowing dynamic styles of say, a button, to be shared would be helpful as well.

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'd like a contextual layers panel like the one we have on the Mac version of XD.

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Drag and drop in the layers panel is now available for Windows! Download the June release of XD today for the complete layers panel experience.

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

5. On the design specs mode, I should be able to direct developers to where a specific asset is. Sometimes I want to attach a link to an asset (if it's common use, a logo hosted on S3 for an example), sometimes the dev needs to be able to download the asset (be it an image already scaled to 1x, 2x, etc or the code of an SVG to embed into a page) and the third case is that I need to attach some free text (for example a path on our local server or the icon code on font awesome…

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests?category_id=323330

Thanks,
    Harish

6. hovering "settings option" which list the settings and while hovering those options I need another list

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently it's not possible at all to work with Experience Design using touch or pen input on Windows 10. Please improve that.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to transition from Sketch to XD, but with so many clients files created in Sketch, I would need an easy way to open the Sketch files in XD and save them as native XD files.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Happy to announce that we’ve just released this feature!

You can bring a Sketch file into XD by simply opening it with the CMD-O command or by selecting “Open” from the “File” menu. It automatically converts into an XD file with your artboards, layers, symbols, and effects ready to use.

You can find more details about March release here:
    https://theblog.adobe.com/march-2018-update-adobe-xd/

We’re continuing to improve this feature, so expect even more in the upcoming releases. In the meantime, check what’s currently supported here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/open-sketch-files-in-xd.html

Let us know your feedback.

Cheers,
    Dan

9. In our development, the programmer needs to use the RGB value to label the color, but in this update,the version removed the RGB color information, we have to need for an additional conversion to get the results.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to copy an object's style and paste it to others

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Introduce swatches so I can keep colors consistent. When a swatch is updated every instance of the color changes.

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Our team names xd files to link to jira tickets. It'd be very helpful for the cloud to have a folder structure for separating releases into batches.

158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Radial Gradients support. Let's discuss.

(Btw: Linear Gradients are now shipping. https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12925683-add-gradients-to-appearance-panel)

Note: radial gradients are shaped like concentric circles. If you're looking for gradients that sweep around like the hands of a clock, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15902767-angular-gradient instead!

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd like to be able to paste a vector object from Illustrator to XD.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Holding a hot-key like option (⌥) would display measurement guides between the selected object and other objects. Similar to how Sketch handles this now... http://www.sketchapp.com/learn/documentation/10-canvas/3-measuring.html

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be beneficial for us to sort the Components list by name (Alphabetically). Reason being, when we attach the Cloud doc to a new project file, components seem to be in a random order. If we could re-sort the list alphabetically on each file, it would make organization of large counts of components much easier.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I've started using XD in office for wireframing live projects.

Now when I record the prototype video, I often need to narrate what's going on - esp if it's a WIP. This would help to kick-off future conversations with the client in the right direction.

Hence a record 'mic audio' option in XD would be extremely useful.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Full screen should go full screen. InVision App allows a full-screen takeover when viewing a prototype. Why does the content go into a small rectangle centered in the browser with Adobe product notes in the corners? I am designing full screen, the prototype should follow that format. There is no need to see things like the date and time or "Made with Adobe XD." My client doesn't care, they are not designers. The client is my focus.

2. Upon clicking the "Fullscreen" button in the top corner, the screen still has a black background bordering the content. It should snap to…

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. People should be able to leave comments on a shared web prototype online without having to make an Adobe account.

The stakeholders we want feedback from (clients, management, etc.) do not all use Adobe CC, so requiring even a free account adds an extra barrier before people can comment.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With this month’s release of XD, your stakeholders can now sign in as a guest without a CC account and comment on your prototypes. Any prototype that already has commenting enabled should now see a “sign in as guest” option at the bottom of the comments panel if you’re not already signed in.

-Elaine

19. I like the idea that you simplify layers and groups. But when we come to code flow, renaming all assets after export is very waste of time.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)