Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Toggle show/hide measurements

Description: A toggle or a hotkey to show/hide the size of the objects and/or the distance between all objects in the project.

Why: It will make easier to know how to position the objects, to be exact the same as in the XD file, when you develop the app. well it not so hard to calculate it by yourself. XD knows how to show it when you move the objects, the only thing left is just to create a button to show and keep it on visible, but with automatically calculated distance and size of all objects. As a web…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Indicate when the project is being saved visually

Sometime the autosave doesn't work so I started always saving, but then I don't know if I actually saved the project so I have to check if the Save in the File menu is deactivated, it would be nice to have a bar in the bottom that shows a message or a progressing bar to know that your project is being saved.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vectors Shapes Objects >Path >Convert path is not an appropriate functioning like Adobe Illustrator Path finders. we expecting like that. F

XD is very optimisation tool like Sketch but Vector Editor no one can beat Adobe illustrator in XD we need like that so soothing vector editors (path finders)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. advanced artboard focus features

With just a keyboard and mouse the way to switch between artboard focus is very clumsy (alt+ scollwheel on mouse). I took me ages to figure this navigational feature out to begin with. And haven't found another way to manipulate the canvas (without touchpad or trackpad). Would be great to either have scroll bars on the canvas or short cuts to switch artboard focus:

Suggestions:
    - Scroll bars on canvas
    - Cmd-Arrow - to switch focus to the nearest artboard in that direction

The Cmd-scroll wheel just doesn't work and slows down workflow considerably.

Kind regards,

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Mac] Copy and Paste Design From Photoshop

it would be really GREAT if we can copy from PSD and paste it on XD.
    I am using XD for Mac.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have a number of these suggestions in the backlog already, such as:

Please do swing by these three (and file other ideas) to help with reducing the number of artboards you need to create your designs.

Thanks!

-Elaine

7. Initial feedback

Initial feedback:
    • If I can use Command + R to access Rulers in Ai and Ps, I should expect the same in Xd.
    • Also, guides are extremely helpful for setting correct heights (think Android).
    • Echoing what others have said about Layers. Especially when having to demonstrate modal dialogs or touch gestures.
    • Mobile screens share common elements so allow the user to create Symbols.
    • Notes: how can these be added to a design when sharing files?
    • Support Asian typography; many of us share files across continents and internal teams will want to add comments to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

About Asian typography support: could you give us more detail on what you mean? You should be able to enter text using Asian characters in XD the same way as you would type in other Mac apps. If you can, please file a new UserVoice request specifically on this topic, with screenshots and as much other detail as possible. Thanks for your feedback!

8. Native OS X UI when possible

I've noticed that Adobe is trying to use more custom UI elements in it's products which I actually find make them harder - not easier - to use. Products like Sketch have found a real following by using the UI elements and paradigms provided by the operating system. I think XD should use more of the OS UI so that it would feel like other apps that I use and be able to have updated UI styles as the OS is updated over time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The requests that have been in the comments thread are all related to existing stories in UserVoice. I’m marking this one as Action Required in order to close it out.

As noted in other comments in this thread, here are the existing stories you can upvote:

Thanks!

-Elaine

9. Lists and Tables

What I am missing while designing for the web with PS or AI is, the possibility to create lists (ordered or unordered) or tables or other stuff, that is possible with html/css.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. enable basic web effects!

great first impression but to make it use full there must be basic effects:
    slideshow (sticky as opption)
    pralax
    maybe hover
    please research the web what is state of the art!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think most of the items listed here are covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

11. Separate component states from variants

Instead of managing all the different variations of a component using states, allow switching of variants with their own set of states. Technically you could add new components for each variant but being able to select a variant from a dropdown would be a neat way to organise groups of components and switch between their variants and associated states. An example would be having a solid button and an outline button as part of the same component, and these would have their own set of states when you switch between variants. This would be far neater than having states for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How to use adobe edge animations in website?

I want use adobe edge animation in my website (https://shuftipro.com). I add required files into page head .Adobe edge worked with this div tag only

<div id="Stage" class="EDGE-7942973"> </div>

and add another elements dynamically into it .I test and understand that if this div tag placed into another tags animations don't run. . How to fix this problem?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Co-Edit Crashes

The co-edit continue to crash. I tried the co-edit with people in foreign countries and people in the same office with me under the same network, no matter what, Adobe keeps crashing on us.

XD crashed so much, and you can't disable co-edit once you enable it, my co-work had to copy and paste the stuff to a new file and work from a new file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Break apart Object plugin

May you make a plugin "Break apart objects".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. On hover tooltip

On Hover to provide tooltip or pop-over,
    As of now you guys have provided the On hover component/button styling. But we need to add tooltips at times or a mini popover on hover which will be helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. .exe export

Hi
    I needed to .exe export when I create a project demo on prototyping mode to sending this export to the manager or somebody that he doesn't have XD on his Computer.
    please add .exe export in this section.
    thank's a lot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Master Component

Creating master component (Not a normal way we do now) If I can copy and paste a Master component and create the copy version the master component...

or relocating master component to a new file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix position when Scrolling- Shifted to Prototype mode

In your XD tutorial, the part 7, The "Fix position when scrolling" is not anymore in the Design mode. But it is shifted to the prototype mode. Please change this in the tutorial as it is very confusing who is learning as he/she can't find that option in the Design mode.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. image rotation in mask

There should be a way to rotate a photo inside a mask. Right now the whole mask rotates and not just the image. See example.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

action-required  ·  4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Minimize text box and add "read more"

I'm looking for a easy way to create a expandable text box with the click of a button (e.g read more)

This is often seen in app stores and in news articles that that are behind a pay wall.
    With the text box minimized you should be able the see the content below (screenshots etc) but when you expand the content should be moved further down. Maybe this is already possible but I can't find the feature either in the software or in a tutorial. Of course I can build this my own with animations, but shouldn't there be a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base