Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Would like the ability to be able to select a object/path behind another with a cmd+double click (?) as per indesign, or be able to 'select by path only' like illustrator

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be amazing if we could set spacing and padding relationships between elements and then build those relationships into a style that can be universally adjusted.

To explain, here's a scenario:

Let's say we have a wrapper container. Inside of it we have an 400px high image that aligns to the top and spans full width across. Below is a left aligned headline that sits exactly 40px below the image. Left aligned below and 20px below the last line of the headline is a block of body copy. 40px below the last line of body copy is a button.…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hi! I just accidentially created a new link for a project when I intended to update the link. I can not find a way to revert to the old link. This is important in this scenario because we had notes to/from the client in the old link that we now are copy/pasting into the new link, but it would be ideal to simply revert and delete the accidental new link. Thanks for considering this!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Arrange
    • Align
    • Export
    • Add to library ...
    51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

We currently have following right click features:

Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete | Group, Lock | Bring to Front, Bring Forward, Send Backward, Send to Back

and we will be bringing more over time with specific features as we implement them.

Tom (Adobe XD)

4. Relative positioning in a group will allow us to create custom UI components.
    Attributes such as alignment, distribute, padding and margin between two or more objects will allow flexibility to resize a group without re-arranging internal objects.

Unlike responsive behaviour, this feature does not care about artboard size, but treat a group as a mini-artboard.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In September, we released the Responsive Resize feature, which gives you both the flexibility to resize automatically as well as define the relationship between objects using constraints. For more details: https://theblog.adobe.com/september-2018-release-of-adobe-xd-responsive-resize-timed-transitions-and-more/?scid=8df38ebb-9534-4044-9f0c-e4ffd86c6fbe&mv=social&mv2=owned_social If you’d like to see refinements, please do feel free to file a new ticket here on UserVoice!

5. It's great to have the component at last. But now I need to communicate the component name with the developers. for example: the values of a certain text are not interesting - they only need to know its class (is it H1, H2...?)

Swatches already have the name (only on hover, why?) in the specs, so it's obvious you did recognise the need for that.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Description:
    The generated url to a design spec should be password protected optionally .

Value:
    It is important that the customers data is handled properly. A password protection for the exchange of design specs can be an argument for or against the use of a layout software.A feature liek this would provide further arguments for using Adobe XD.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. An UI kit for iPad, like there is for iPhone today.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show layout grids on artboards when in development mode - how this feature (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/inspect-design-specs.html#Viewandinspectlayoutgridproperties) was removed as a feature with update 24.x boggles me...

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Style-Library for Buttons, Input-Fields, ...

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be good to have a separate input field, where users can define exact pixel space between two objects by selecting them.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For an example, when I have some bold text inside a paragraph, the design specs for that paragraph should state that not only that text is Arial 12px but also has some bold inside.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need to add multiple ways of moving from one screen to another. Currently the only way to do this is to add the interactions to various elements on the artboard, which makes it difficult to find where those interactions are.

For example, to move from artboard A to artboard B, a user could press Home, Down or say "Artboard A". I can only add one of these interactions to the artboard as a whole at the moment.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently if I design mobile app assets at 1x I have to rescale individual assets at different sizes to export them seperately per platform.

I'd really like to see a one click export for both platforms from a 1x designed screen. 1x screesn are key when testing and there isn't an option setup a project at different scales.

Majority of my assets are vector, especially for the all important app iconography.

Photoshop has something like this at the moment be great to see something like this in XD.

Thanks

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently have this feature built into the export in Adobe XD. You can export, select the device type, and then click on export for multiple versions. You can also now batch export by marking an asset or a group for batch export, then select Export > Batch.

14. It's cool that we now have the option of exporting SVG files with the february update - But unless I'm blind it does not seem like there is any option to name the file that one wants to export? It would be very nice if it was possible to choose a custom filename like "car.svg" rather than "Path 823.svg" for instance.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently the UI kits are accessible only from the "Welcome" screen.
    However, I'd like to be able to open a new design and open a UI kit (or sample file) at the same time.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change text size with cmd+shift+comma and dot for -1/+1 and cmd+shift+alt+comma and dot for -10/+10 font size like other adobe apps

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give us back the option to open files from "My Computer" on the XD "Home" screen. I used to have this option, but in the current version, it no longer appears. I'm unable to open and existing file from the Adobe XD Home screen unless it was one of the most recent files.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove "Copy of" text from filename when I "Save As" — Change to number increment

Every time I want to save a new iteration of my file, I hit Command+Shift+S to "Save As".

XD automatically adds "copy of" to the beginning of the filename and I have to delete it every. Single. Time.

Does anybody actually names their files this way? You'd end up with "copy of copy of copy of copy of filename" instead of a simple numbered "filename 5".

Would be cool to see XD smartly increase the number by 1 every time like it does with the artboards.…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello,

I love Adobe Experience Design but I something find myself overwhelmed while working (because I like to organize certain stuff in certain ways). For that I thought about a solution that may help others too.

Publishing without linking (I'm currently working on a project and I have to do changes pretty often because I have to add/replace/change pages and locations and I have to start re-linking everything a lot)
    Publish only the "checked" artboards (for example, I want to publish only the homepage and login page, but for now, in order to do that I have to link only…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 31 32