Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. XD is becoming dominant, and I love the Guide featured added in XD. However, the guide can be even further improved if you add a feature allowing duplicate the guide or create a guide using the guide itself.

Details:
    Unlike Photoshop and Illustrator, XD artboards don't have a fixed ruler on the interface. Guides can be added from the top and left artboard borders, which is fine. The issue is when we are working with a zoomed level on any object, the top and left edge of the artboard is not accessible, and creating a guide either we have to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I like the idea of have character styles cascading ie using the same font but different style. ie H1 and H2 same font different size, colour etc...

I was also thinking that by designing websites to be responsive it would be good if Character Styles were created in such a way they could detect the size of the artboard they are on and resize.

Within each character style you could give it a breakpoint:
    h1
    Font
    0-479, Size/Line height etc
    480-599, Size/Line height etc
    600-849, Size/Line height etc
    etc etc

Also…
    Styling of text links would be great too. Better…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Save to Master Component" and/or "Push/Save as Master Component", so that any changes you've made to a component can be put into the master.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to see the option to add filters to svg elements in the design that match the current spec of web svg. Things like color inversions, blurs, etc would be really helpful, especially when designing for the web.

The reason being often times we as designers may create something that may not be possible unless we export the element as an image. These elements are not always SEO friendly (such as when working with stylized text). However, we can often accomplish a similar effect by using svg filters in the web. So, allowing us to apply these and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please include 'Price' as a plugin detail shown in the 'Show More' (details) pane for each Plugin of the Plugin Panel / Plugin Manager included with XD.

Specifically - 'Free', One-Time Price or Subscription.

This would save a lot of time in either researching a Plugin, assessing it's value or avoiding installing / using a Plugin that you wouldn't otherwise bother with if you knew, for example, it required a subscription.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  6. Drag and drop elects from the artboard to the components panel would be nice and quick.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Is XD going to have capability with MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s new SideCar feature? Apple announced that Select apps such as Illustrator would have support, but I’m not sure if XD will have support.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. I use XD to create presentations and often need to use tables (for a budget slide, for example). I’d love to see a plugin that lets you create and manage tables!

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  9. Dev gets confused about what styles are what. I thought the XD Share for Dev link would have the styles in the sidebar, but there are none. I even have a master document with all of my assets: fonts, colors, and elements. Now I have to go back in and manually annotate what fonts are connected to what styles.. It would be a small addition, but would be super great in striving to better communicate with my dev team. Thank you for your consideration!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please allow webp images format to be imported or drag & drop directly to artboard.

This will lessen the time to convert webp to jpg, png, etc.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When selecting text (via drag selection or double clicking a word), it will display the blue highlight boundary. There are some UI kits that use this blue as part of their wireframing palette making it impossible to see the text highlight when you have text on top of this color.

Ideally, the selection highlight should just invert the color underneath it so you can always see the boundary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More options for the units in the CSS snippets, both for text and other objects. For example em, %, vw and other CCS units used for responsive web design.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to have a shortcut to jump between text inputs, including within repeat grids.

For example, tab to move to next text box.

Example image shows why this is necessary, I have a lot of similar pages that require typing in a lot of different text boxes.

Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add more color contrast on the css section. It is currently purple and orange on a gray background. It is very hard to read.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Build in email design and prototyping features. XD already shines in its ability to quickly layout a single email design or campaign, but it really isn't designed to build emails. Yes, emails can already be built quickly and handed off to developers using XD. But, if XD would incorporate a few features geared to emails it would be a great and welcome asset. Features like; templated documents for common email sizes. Maybe templated headers for To:, From:, and Subject:. Maybe UI kits with email header elements.

I'm sure others can contribute more specific feature suggestions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. I found a confusion to quickly identify differences between "Preserve scroll position" and "Fixed position when scrolling" looking alike check boxes, and resulting checking a wrong box and then dealing with prototype "glitches", XD agent support, and overall time waste.

I hope XD Design can do something better to visually identifying distinction between these two features/functionalities in XD user interface, such as adding icons to better visualize "fixed position" and "preserve scroll Y-coordinate"

Case Number: ADB-9008089-L8Z4

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow an option to view the full name of a linked document in the assets panel. Right now, document names are truncated and if two documents are linked with similar titles, there is no way to distinguish which one is the correct (or most current).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If i have an image in the clipboard, i would like to be able to create a new document based on its size (similar to what Photoshop does). Idea: If an image is in the clipboard, Prefill custom size fields with image dimensions from clipboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →