Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The only fonts we are able to view in the Android App of Adobe XD are the ones that are either Adobe Fonts or Google fonts.

There's no option to add and view custom fonts which sometimes makes viewing prototype on mobile kinda useless.

Please add fonts support in Android App

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Now code of exporting SVG files starts like this:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="32." height="32" viewBox="0 0 32.000 32.000">...

Please add line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" befor <svg xmlns=...>
    Because lack of this string made issue with embedding SVG in content

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When you copy a paragraph from specs and some of the text is underlined in the design/prototype, it would be great if the underline was copied as well?

This could be easily left off by the developer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'd like to be able to choose to have the property inspector already open in development view. It would save having to describe how to click on the icon to engineers every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The Assets Panel gets to be very long. It would be quicker to navigate if the Colors, Character Styles and Components were separate panels.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When I open up files, then go to CC Libraries, you usually need to look through the list, this might be quite long, to find the one you're after. Fair enough, if the one you've recently worked on appears in the 'most recent' section, but what if it's one you haven't used for some time?

So what if you could link Files and Libraries, so when you open the file, the associated library is available in the palette straight away rather than going and finding it? This saves the designer/user a little bit of time. Plus it could work for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be great if the input field could expand if you are adding a long comment, as right now it can be very hard to edit the box when it is over a certain length.

It would also be great to add a bit more of a margin between the input field and the @ button as I am forever hitting the @ button by accident.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If I'm using the find/search feature to find an artboard, or to find some text on an artboard, it would be great if the search results allowed me to go straight to that found item and also to locate the artboard on the pasteboard. It's a partcilar issue when I have files with a large number of artboards.

Currently, I get the search results, and whilst I can click and edit the properties of found items in the results, locating the item or even the artboard on which it is contained can be tricky. Some sort of 'Go to' context…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. See live on the mobile app, the changes made on the desktop application. NEVER reload the page again!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be nice if people could enter in a web page URL of a page that inspires them from anywhere on the net, then click a simple button that snaps a full page image for quick importing of that page into XD, then shows the dimensions or at least it makes it easy to measure the exact dimensions that the original developer used within the page. This will help people learn from other designers creations because learning their layouts and dimensions cand be a tricky task sometimes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great, if Xd could save a file in the cloud, and parallel also a copy of the same file locally.

If I work on sensitive projects, I am being asked to also have local copies of the file, in case something goes wrong in the cloud. It would really help, if I didn't had to do this manually.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. I'm a developer and I need to turn a designer's design into css code.
    The assets panel now has only one group of colors. But the css divide the colors into background-colors, border-colors, and font colors.Can the asset panel add these groups so that they are consistent with the web code?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Because we are using the XD file as a Source of Truth for the product team (Zeplin for the developers). Each feature is spelled out in a ticket, and I would like to link to the page referred to thereof. It's cumbersome for everyone to have to navigate to it for each ticket. This is a dense dashboard product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you're in a tool other than Select, you can't quickly select another layer/object unless you jump out of the tool first. In InDesign, you can hold CMD while you're in the tool to allow selecting. CMD is already established as the key to use when selecting within a group.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Description When viewing a prototype, a user can scroll between views using the left and right keyboard arrow keys but cannot scroll up or down on the current prototype with the keyboard. Some viewers have been unable to scroll with their mouse. Without a visible scrollbar they have been left only seeing what's above the fold line.

On Mac I've discovered that pressing fn+arrow up/down will sort of page you down, but it's not smooth and not intuitive. Simply using arrow keys as you would using a browser (or something close) would be ideal.

1. Why is this valuable to you?…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. DESCRIPTION

When selecting text it's not possible to scroll through the assets panel in order to select text styles and/or colors. The user is forced to de-select the text, scroll to the desired asset, re-select the text, and then finally apply the style or color.

1. VALUE

It would save about 10 million clicks a year. And me a nervous breakdown :-)

1. SCREEN CAPTURE ATTACHED
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Klick on app-icons in the panel should select input field for direct value-change by number-input or arrow keys. This is the same in InDesign/AI/PS … Please make the Adobe apps feel the same or have the same ground features!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Right now every font sits differently inside a text box making it very difficult to design text elements to align horizontally. I've uploaded a few images to visualize the issue.

The gray area shows a height in pixels. Text boxes are laid over the gray areas. You'll notice that for the most part the fonts line up correctly from ascender to descender which is that a font-size should be.

The blue area on the left of each example shows how far off from font-size the text box is.

A few observations:

1) You'll notice that as a font gets larger…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I’m going to leave this open, but I will say that the current text boxes match the size of the glyphs as defined by the font designer and is not calculated separately by XD. This means that you’ll often find fonts that either have extra padding or insufficient padding to include all pixels in the font, as it’s defined in the font itself. Hope that helps!