Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. 1.Open a new document.
    2. Select a template type (web)
    3. File > New Document
    4. You are not re-prompted to select a layout type.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. This idea addresses how we can have longer pages beyond the current artboard dimensions without manually resizing.

Artboards could actually be just a viewport. You could double click on a given artboard to open an expanded canvas.

In the crude example I've uploaded below, I can still keep all of my screens aligned as I have been. When I double click on an artboard, the canvas is expanded to show I have much more content on the page. Perhaps the rest are dimmed to emphasise where we are. Think isolated mode in Illustrator.

This would keep the best of the…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is indeed completed. We have a few additional enhancements to this feature that we’ll be adding in an upcoming release including a property inspector addition for scrolling giving you more control over your viewport and an artboard’s ability to scroll.

3. I'm constantly changing this in PS.. and the hex field is buried away inside XD

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In Protoype mode, be able to select multiple links and edit them as a batch

multi-select

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Would be nice to have the option to see where interactive hotspots are when viewing a prototype on the web.

I do think the option to have them hidden is still important for user testing, but client demos would be aided by a hint as to what can be clicked on.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available. When you click on a portion of a shared protototype that is not clickable, you will get hotspot hints. In the future, we will offer the ability to turn off the hotspot hints. For now, they are on all the time.

6. If I click on the Object menue, I see lots of active entries even if currently no shape in an artboard is selected. And if a shape or an image is selected, "Object > Mask with Shape" is active, even if I had selected only the image or the shape (but the command only works with both selected).

Desired behaviour: Menue entries should only be active if applicable, otherwise grayed out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It will be nice I can use that 200/2 = 100 directly in a numbered field just like any other Adobe App. (/ and - and * and +)

639 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of our June release, you can now use math operators in numeric fields! If you don’t see the update, open the Creative Cloud desktop application, select the … in the upper right corner, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

8. There is no Right Click Option, which would be useful, especially for the "Make Repeat Grid" Feature

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to transition from Sketch to XD, but with so many clients files created in Sketch, I would need an easy way to open the Sketch files in XD and save them as native XD files.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Happy to announce that we’ve just released this feature!

You can bring a Sketch file into XD by simply opening it with the CMD-O command or by selecting “Open” from the “File” menu. It automatically converts into an XD file with your artboards, layers, symbols, and effects ready to use.

You can find more details about March release here:
    https://theblog.adobe.com/march-2018-update-adobe-xd/

We’re continuing to improve this feature, so expect even more in the upcoming releases. In the meantime, check what’s currently supported here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/open-sketch-files-in-xd.html

Let us know your feedback.

Cheers,
    Dan

10. Spell check please! Much needed for someone who sometimes glances over simple spelling errors

325 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use spell check in the September release of XD! If you can’t see the update, select … from the Creative Cloud desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have additional suggestions for this feature, please file a separate request!

11. There are many applications where the interface is navigated with input devices like game controllers. It would be great if we could get some support for these.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Link a button that can link like a hyperlink to another web page like youtube or my own Web Page

4,841 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What definitely needed in the Design community is to ease the design-development delivery-review phase. To unload both of the sides.

A lot of different platforms, tools, plugins were meant to do that and none of them is fully unloading and simplifying that process.

PNG Express, Specking, Avocode, Markly, Zeplin, Craft, Marketch etc...

I believe there is a need in having some specifications delivery service, styleguide generating service.

Specs:
    + Measuring distance from text line height (because that's how developers do), not font size.
    + Ability to adjust the UI on the go with automatic sepcs changing
    + Ability to select…

1,814 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that our Design Specs feature is now available as a Beta in our November release. You can read more about it on our announcement blog post here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/november-update-of-adobe-xd/

The Design Specs feature is just the first step for us in this space, and we’re looking for your feedback on the feature. In order to focus on the feedback, we’ve created a new feature area that you can target when you file new ideas: 09 Design Specs. Please remember that you should file one idea per submission, so that we can better aggregate your feedback.

14. It would be awesome to have blending modes in the sidebar.

1,062 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When pasting elements with shadow from Ai to XD, the element is pasted but without the shadow

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. The ability to select my sizes for export would be nice. At times I work on apps (as strange as it may sound) that do not require all resolutions of artwork (1x, 2x, 3x) An option to select my would be great. Similar to how Sketch handles it.

287 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would be nice if objects could be temporarily hidden.
    Similar to illustrator.
    cmd+3 hides an object
    cmd+alt+3 unhides an object.

That would make selecting other surrounding objects an easy task.
    It also works nicely if the user wants to focus on a specific area without being distracted by other elements

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

We’ve introduced the ability to hide objects with the Layers panel in our November release. However, we understand that some of you want more advanced control for hiding and showing objects. Given that there are a number of different potential directions we could take this, we’d love to hear your thoughts in new ideas in UserVoice. I’m closing this idea as completed for now.

Thanks,

-Elaine

18. Ability to copy an object's style and paste it to others

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 758 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. To be able to use XD as a useful tool for content architecting/wireframing (before design, before prototype) - a library of generic common web and mobile web elements would be very useful (in an easily accessible panel - NOT by copying and pasting from a template file).

For example:
    - Image/Logo (resizable) placeholder
    - Horizontal and Vertical Nav placeholder
    - Icon library (like hamburger, search, map point, etc)
    - Text block (resizable) placeholder
    - Scrollbar (horizontal, vertical) placeholder

etc

Think Balsamiq, or OmniGraffle wireframe tools for example.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on this! With the introduction of plugins, we now have a wide variety of plugins that will meet this need. You might want to try out the Quick Mockup plugin, which was just released. Check it out, and feel free to file a new ticket if you’re looking for more!