Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. This might be a little forward thinking, however, I wanted to be the first to post something for VR. It is inevitable. __ Cheers.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When exporting text to SVG, a generic fallback font should be specified after the original font, e.g. sans-serif for Helvetica Neue.

Idea posted initially here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/14534772-exported-svgs-lack-default-fallback-sans-serif-f

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I find myself mousing around quite a bit to change colors. I hate using the trackpad/mouse if at all possible. I'd like to be able to Select Object > {press a key to open Fill/Border color} > Type/Paste Hex Code > Enter.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently AdobeXD has an useful way to copy paste keeping the pasted object aligned with the original object position or pasting it in the same place relative to the original artboard.

But what is missing is a way to paste an element exactly where the mouse pointer is. Usually if I need an element somewhere in an artboard, the paste option makes it appear somewhere else, usually very far (and sometimes hidden behind other elements).
    A "Paste Here" (where my mouse pointer is when I right click) option is necessary to be able to pinpoint the exact location where to…

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When selecting a group you should be able to enter the grouped elements by pressing Enter key.

Sometimes it's difficult to double click (especially when using pen) the group to enter it without moving the object. When you'll be able to open the group using Enter key it will speed-up design.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It's quite frustrating that every time I use the shape tools, I have to remove the stroke and change the fill.
    Like in ID and AI, it would be useful if the object fill and stroke remembers the previous settings, or a default could be somehow set.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to ignore locked objects when exporting assets. This way we could use locked objects as grids and not having those show up in the exported PNGs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I have a suggestion about drag and drop a text. How we can put a text with a break lines? I just tried put a file.txt with a string "\n" to try break line. Did you think about it? In case, I have just one field and I will drag and drop a text. Is that clear?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Working on a landscape prototype version of a site, and to simulate the scrollable pages I bring the assets in, place them, and then adjust the height of the Artboard to match — but it would be really nice if there were Smart Guides when doing so, so the Artboard snaps to the height of the assets on the page.

Size of artboard should fit content exactly.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. XD 0.5.4.51
    2. Inside a text block select text with either a multiple fonts or a font that is different from the target text block. Copy your selection. Next go into a different text block that has the different font selection than what you copied. Paste.
    3. It should retain the font selection from before you copied.
    4. It changes all the pasted font to the font selection of the target text block.
    144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I think it is necessary to have a tools for spacing control for words in character panel it will save designer time and will be smart process to design better

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Here my idea for exporting asset that I call Asset Mode.
    Workflow:
    1. Choose Assets you want to export in Design Mode by right click > Send to Assets
    2. Switch to Asset Mode
    3. Change wifth, heigh, position, background of assets
    4. Choose scales (1x, 2x,...)
    5. Export
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWa0Z-qke5g&feature=youtu.be
    XD Prototype: http://adobe.ly/1O438HI

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Description: The font family list under TEXT should be resizable, or at the very least dynamically sized to expand to fit larger available screen size.

Value: A larger list would significantly reduce selection time spent using this control. The constrained size of the list is very limiting, only showing 16 choices at a time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
    So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
    This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

812 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would be great if you could add this feature from Illustrator (Ctrl + D), it's a very handy thing even to have... wish i had it in Photoshop

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. yes, i know is a prototype app, but always is good to take a little control of the code, and the posibility to change the form of view, cooment line, place jquery elements, etc.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We have designed an app in XD. However the dev teams are resistant to accepting the shift from Photoshop to XD. We may have now redesign everything in Photoshop and revert to pixate for prototyping.

Can you provide a detailed video that we can show the dev that shows how exactly they can use export files from XD to code. Please stress on XD exports make their lives easier.

Instead of just defining the export feature, can you explain on what are the practical applications of the different types of exporting? As in - "Now that we've got all our…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I think it would be useful for Web Devs if this included some sort of mode for working with elements from frameworks such as Bootstrap, Angular Material e.t.c. as this would be a great addition and make it way quicker to mock stuff up if your using a framework

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great with a few more features/interactive animations when you link the pages. More easing options. I guess what I'm saying I would like to have more animations and effects based on what we have on websites and apps to this date.

transition presets

1,008 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)